Team-BHP - JBL 1004 vs JBL PX300.4 vs GZ TA 4.120MK2 vs Infinity 475A
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   JBL 1004 vs JBL PX300.4 vs GZ TA 4.120MK2 vs Infinity 475A (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/63265-jbl-1004-vs-jbl-px300-4-vs-gz-ta-4-120mk2-vs-infinity-475a.html)

Hi there,

Though i have been saving up for the HK470, it's way out of my budget currently and hence i'm on the lookout for a new one.

My system configuration is as follows,

Hu: Clarion DXZ 776USB

Front: Illusion El 6.1

Sub: O2 12"

I veer completely towards the SQ side and prefer the music inside rather than outside.

I need help in deciding which of the following amps would be for me
  1. JBL 1004
  2. JBL PX300.4
  3. Infinity Reference 475A
  4. GZ TA 4.120MK2
What would be the best available price for each of them in Bombay ?

Thanks & Cheers :)

JBL 1004 is a powerful amp. Go for it , you wont regret. What all equipments you have rightnow??

I would say between the PX300.4 and Infinity should be the choice. Both the Inifnity 475a and JBL 1004 tend to sound little harsh when played loud.
I have not heard the Gz play, so cannot comment.

Hii tanmay. You already HAVE a 75.4. Why the query for a 1004/475A?

and is it an O3 sub/ O2?
Oxygen/Ozone ;-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankmehta (Post 1425730)
Hii tanmay. You already HAVE a 75.4. Why the query for a 1004/475A?

Really? Then, he should consider only amps in the 20k+ rupee amps if upgrading.

JBL PX 300.4 from the above list.

Whats the approximate cost of JBL PX 300.4 ?

If the PX 300.4 falls in budget, go for it. I have heard good reviews about it.

The first 3 amplifiers that you have chosen are all 3 very different power categories. Neither the same sound, nor the same power.

The more power you have, the better control you will have over your subwoofer. The most powerful amplifier in that list is the PX300.4.

Sam, what is the MRP of the PX 300.4.

Also i have been reading a lot about it and even the JBL india website has no mention of Infinity 475a and the JBL 1004. Are both discontinued?

Apologies to all for the delay; been busy with university applications.

@ Frank, the 75.4 is still there, a little unwell these days but thumping hard when better.

I know that given the current configuration, the amp is more than enough for the task. I'm just crystal gazing here.

In a few months time , I'll be switching over to a new set of wheels. This discussion is for that ride. Or if I suddenly get a bumper dose of Vitamin M, I'll go in for the upgrade for my current ride.

The 75.4 is a strong product, however I'm keen on bettering the SQ. The configuration taking shape in my head involves an active setup; so I'll need a minimum of 6 channels of amplification. I prefer 4 channel amps over their 2 channel versions.

So that means identical 4 channel amps for the sake of continuity.

Sam,

got a query for you...

PX300.4 vs Infinity 475A vs H/K CA 470

Which amp has the best SQ ?

Other amps I'm considering are the Audison Lrx series & the DLS RA 40

So lets see how this goes.

Cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 (Post 1426231)
Sam, what is the MRP of the PX 300.4.

Also i have been reading a lot about it and even the JBL india website has no mention of Infinity 475a and the JBL 1004. Are both discontinued?

Not discontinued at all.

Is there any kinda of a budget that you have in mind?
Both PX300.4 and DLS RA40 would do a great job.