Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2009, 12:05   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxtechie View Post
Hmmm can you please be more explicit? Is it 270 or 330 else? Cause the last I enquired D45GCLF2 was about 3.3k.

BTW great cage for the PC, but please put in some ventilation, I am sure it will fry soon even with the AC on.

~LT
Yes I have drilled holes and one side of the case has 1 cm gap both top and bottom. Also am planning to get a 60mm cooler fan and fix a laptop cooler and place is underneath it.

Not sure abt the price but this is Atom 330 one and got it for 4.5k.

Last edited by kiran1103 : 16th August 2009 at 12:07. Reason: Added abt Atom 330
Old 16th August 2009, 12:09   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by monty9991 View Post
nice setup with the plexigalss.
i like it, can you get some closer pics to the plexigalss enclouser plz.

@wildo:- this is Lilliput EBY-701
This is self made acrylic case. Made out of 2ft X 2ft Acrylic sheet. Many thanks to Sameer (my friend) who came out with this brilliant idea and made it too. For closer pics will have to remove the seat which I wil do when I get the OBD Scanner. Wil post the pics shortly..
Old 16th August 2009, 12:26   #33
Senior - BHPian

Nice install of CAR PC.

Well many of stuff you get from Indian itself. Check Car PC Systems | Vehicle Infotainment Solutions | iRide Technologies, Mumbai, India website. Many people quoting Atom board worth Rs. 4.5K in this website It is available around 3.6K.

I am also planning to put car PC. I yet to source all components. I will bring LCD from abroad when I will be there.
Old 16th August 2009, 12:56   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdh View Post
Hyundai cars are OBD2 compliant. Have tested elm scan 327 in my i10 and it is working. I could never make it work in swift of my brother in law.

SDH can you help me out that if the scanner will work on 2002 hyundai santro or not ?

Old 16th August 2009, 20:36   #35
Senior - BHPian

Kiran, Please check the CPU temperatures you are running on full processor load. CF has a screen which shows the temperatures.
With AC on, I don;t think there would be too much problems even without the fan with a well ventilated case. ATOM processor hardly generates much heat after all, but it is better to take decision based on your temp readings.
Old 16th August 2009, 20:46   #36
BHPian

i noticed tht!!!!

hi kiran..
thts really cool to see the windows loading screen on the dash of a verna...

and i noticed.... man you have 6 fingers on the right hand!! We take 6-fingers extremely lucky and powerful!! I bet that you are

well, i got my verna recently, and will definitely try a car-puter after some time...
i will keep your thread bookmarked ..
Old 19th August 2009, 08:49   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiran1103 View Post
This is self made acrylic case. Made out of 2ft X 2ft Acrylic sheet. Many thanks to Sameer (my friend) who came out with this brilliant idea and made it too. For closer pics will have to remove the seat which I wil do when I get the OBD Scanner. Wil post the pics shortly..
Hmm Kiran,

Can you please post some information as how Sameer did it? I have a drill machine and some other tool kit but no dremel.

I have M2-ATX 160W Intelligent DC-DC PSU PSU and the monitor is on its way. Disk, RAM is already there with me, just need to get the atom.

I would appreciate the help.

Thanks
~LT
Old 20th August 2009, 14:34   #38
Senior - BHPian

Under cut the acrlyic sheet lengthwise for the side so that there remains a gap for air to enter, on opposite side use small quite fans like those used in ram coolers, or better use a ram cooler itself to push air out. its more than enough cooling for atoms.
Old 20th August 2009, 18:54   #39
sdh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiran1103 View Post
Board : D945GCLF2 with Atom processor. : Rs. 4500
RAM : Transcend 2 GB : Rs. 1050
HDD : Seagate 320 GB laptop hard drive. Rs. 2300
PSU : 250W M4-ATX : 89$
Screen : Lilliput 7 in : 179$
Wiring, Cables etc : Rs. 2500
Bluetooth and Wi-Fi adapter : Rs. 1000

Let me know if i missed anything
Can you tell me the brand of bluetooth and wifi adapter and where you bought it. Have you already tested handsfree working with this dongle. Can you comment on audio quality as well.
Old 20th August 2009, 19:10   #40
BHPian

Kiran thats a neat setup, and a very nice set up of the board and powersupply. are you satisfied with the sound quality a atom board put's out???

if any of you guys can put the drawing for that enclosure in Acad then I can help you folks cutting it out on my cnc. I need cast acrylic sheet to cut it out on the cnc though - flame polishing it would be so nice on the edges.

RGDS
IRfan
Old 20th August 2009, 19:30   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irfanulla View Post
Kiran thats a neat setup, and a very nice set up of the board and powersupply. are you satisfied with the sound quality a atom board put's out???

if any of you guys can put the drawing for that enclosure in Acad then I can help you folks cutting it out on my cnc. I need cast acrylic sheet to cut it out on the cnc though - flame polishing it would be so nice on the edges.

RGDS
IRfan
Wow, flame polishing would be really nice. Ok about the audio quality, I first used a normal 3.5mm to stereo RCA with 2 Monstor Y cables. The sound was awful, then I bought a Monster 3.5mm to RCA cord and connected it to the JBL GTO 504, I could hear the difference and the quality is very good. The only problem is that Y cable is splitting the 2 channels to 4 channels.

Also heard that the Realtec audio drivers/application would let you configure the Mic/Line in to a secondary channel. I am yet to test that. Wil do over this weekend and let you know. Have heard many issues with Creative external USB sound cards. Please let me know if anyone used a Asus Zonar and hows the quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdh View Post
Can you tell me the brand of bluetooth and wifi adapter and where you bought it. Have you already tested handsfree working with this dongle. Can you comment on audio quality as well.

Bluetooth is Bluesoil and Wifi card is Netgear. I havent yet configured the bluetooth to mobile the N97 came with a free car handsfree. Will try to configure it over the weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxtechie View Post
Hmm Kiran,

Can you please post some information as how Sameer did it? I have a drill machine and some other tool kit but no dremel.

I have M2-ATX 160W Intelligent DC-DC PSU PSU and the monitor is on its way. Disk, RAM is already there with me, just need to get the atom.

I would appreciate the help.

Thanks
~LT
Actually a rectangular slot was marked on the acrylic sheet and then we took it to the nearby plywood/glass store where they used their tools to cut the slot.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Last edited by Technocrat : 20th August 2009 at 19:48. Reason: Please read the note in post, thanks
Old 3rd October 2009, 14:59   #42
BHPian

hi folks.
i am intrested in installing a carputer in my car. can anyone tell me that what is the price of the atom chipset/processor and touch screen in nehru place, delhi?

regards
SINGH
Old 3rd October 2009, 15:18   #43
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.N.G.H View Post
hi folks.
i am intrested in installing a carputer in my car. can anyone tell me that what is the price of the atom chipset/processor and touch screen in nehru place, delhi?

regards
SINGH
for nehru place not sure. but you might wanna visit this web site.
Car PC Systems | Vehicle Infotainment Solutions | iRide Technologies, Mumbai, India you get everything you need for carpc here.
Old 3rd October 2009, 15:28   #44
BHPian

thanks monty for the link,
but the point is that we'll get the mini CPU assembled in nehru place in a very reasonable price, so that we can spend on other ICE also! i am sure about getting the cpu studd from nehru place but i am uncertain about the screen.

regards
SINGH
Old 4th October 2009, 02:21   #45
BHPian

I don't think Nehru Place would be having readily available touch screen which can fit for carputer, but if someone is able to manage a vendor and a price tag do share it, I've all the parts for my carputer except for a touch screen and a amplifier.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks