Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2009, 00:42   #1
BHPian

Sound in the rear speaker is very low.Need advice

Hi Guys,

Before I start let me tell you about the ICE I use in my swift.
HU: Pioneer 5050
Front Sp: Infinity 6.5 inch components.
Rear Sp: Kicker 5.15 inch.
Subwoofer: 8 Inch M Audio Competition.
Amplifier: JBL 604.

The front and the rear speakers are fixed in the door itself. Recently I got the JBL amp and the Subwoofer attached to the system. The Amplifier powers the Front components and the subwoofer.
The Rear Kicker speakers takes the power from the HU. Once these connections were done I noticed that the volume from the rear speakers have reduced drastically. Its almost nill.
A person seated at the back can hear from the front components and can hear the subwoofer sound but cannot make out the sound from the rear speaker.
I have checked the Front\rear balance and the settings seem to be fine.
But when I tried fading the front speakers volume and used only the rear speakers then I had to increase the volume to a very large extent to hear from those speakers which in normal case would not be possible.
Could someone kindly help me know as to what might be the problem be?
Feeling at present.

Cheers,
Sanjay
Old 19th August 2009, 09:37   #2
BHPian

Hello Sanjay, I suspect the gains on your amp to be set high due to which the front is getting amplified and the rears are way low. Turn off the sub and reduce the gains for the front and try.

Ideally, it is advised that the rears to be used to play 60-70% volume of what fronts are playing. This will give that ambience/echoish feel. This is good in cases where there are no rear passengers. Again depends on your listening preference.
Old 19th August 2009, 10:16   #3
BHPian

Hey Shreyas,

Thanks for the info. But could you kindly tell me how could I go ahead with your advice. regarding these settings on the amp. The rear speakers are not connected to the amp so changing the amp settings will it solve the issue?

Cheers,
Sanjay
Old 19th August 2009, 10:51   #4
BHPian

Hi Sanjay, also check the wiring to the rear speakers, especially for the correct phase. Try changing from positive to negative and vice versa.
Old 19th August 2009, 11:20   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsanjayrao View Post
Hey Shreyas,

Thanks for the info. But could you kindly tell me how could I go ahead with your advice. regarding these settings on the amp. The rear speakers are not connected to the amp so changing the amp settings will it solve the issue?

Cheers,
Sanjay
Turn off the sub from the HU itself or just disconnect the wires of the sub at the enclosure terminals.

On the amp you will have the gain knob seperately for front and rear channels. Check which one is the front first and reduce using a small flat screwdriver (anticlockwise)

Sound in the rear speaker is very low.Need advice-gain.jpg

Do this while the system is playing.

For more, you can check the manual at

http://manuals.harman.com/JBL/CAR/Ow...rev7_26_05.pdf

Edit: Please check the rear speaker wires also

Last edited by shreyasma : 19th August 2009 at 11:22.
Old 19th August 2009, 14:00   #6
BHPian

GreenHorn\Shreyas.

Will check the polarity and also meddle with the amp and get back to you guys. Thanks a lot for your response.

You guys rock..

Cheers,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks