Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2009, 15:54   #16
Senior - BHPian

Very cool. I have seen this on a Kenwood. Didn't know its available for Alpine/ Pioneer as well. Is it available locally?

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover
But isn't this an expensive option for GPS ?
Not for someone who already owns a touchscreen head unit, and doesn't want a second display stuck to the windshield, I guess.

Last edited by Bass&Trouble : 10th December 2009 at 15:55.
Old 12th December 2009, 00:26   #17
BHPian

Hi Guys,I have a Kenwood DDX5032 Touch Screen Player with an Option for Navigation builtin.However I do not know how I can get the GPS Software loaded to it and through which service provider :( .Any Suggestions??
Old 12th December 2009, 10:21   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedizen View Post
Hi Guys,I have a Kenwood DDX5032 Touch Screen Player with an Option for Navigation builtin.However I do not know how I can get the GPS Software loaded to it and through which service provider :( .Any Suggestions??
Hi, How much you paid for DDX5032?

For Navigation, first you will need to purchase: RGB Input for Navigation System (KNA-G431) from kenwood. It is around USD 250$. Its a product by Garmin for Kenwood.

DDX5032 has got interface for input from this (KNA-G431) so that you can see the maps on touch screen of music system.

After that you can buy the maps for germin devices either by MapMyIndia Or SatGuide.

This should configure you DDX5032 for Voice / Display Navigation system.
Old 12th December 2009, 11:04   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedizen View Post
Or Buy the Black Box from MapmyIndia directly, MapmyIndia are retailing the Blackbox with Maps, so you dont need to separately buy the Unit and Maps, I think they are retailing the entire package for around 24,000/- INR

Its the same system you see working in the Ford Endeavour these days with the Kenwood 7034 HU.
Old 14th December 2009, 15:47   #20
BHPian

Regarding GPS

I got the DDX5032 as an OEM with Cedia Sports.However I was not provided with the GPS Navigation though. Checked with Mitsubishi,they quoted thepride for KNA-G-431 as 35k....What makes them quote such prices donno..Nippon is the official supplier for Kenwood products in India nowadays.I checked with Nippon guys they say..They have tieups with Hindustan Motors and only HM can provide me all the stuff I need for this player...what a shame. .I am trying to get the device in the after market lets see if i can get one.Does anyone know the price for KNAG431??

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeastFieast View Post
Hi, How much you paid for DDX5032?

For Navigation, first you will need to purchase: RGB Input for Navigation System (KNA-G431) from kenwood. It is around USD 250$. Its a product by Garmin for Kenwood.

DDX5032 has got interface for input from this (KNA-G431) so that you can see the maps on touch screen of music system.

After that you can buy the maps for germin devices either by MapMyIndia Or SatGuide.

This should configure you DDX5032 for Voice / Display Navigation system.
Old 14th January 2010, 17:17   #21
BHPian

Hi,

I fixed a Pioneer AVH-P4150DVD (Asian version of AVH-P4100DVD) to my Tata Safari EX (Tcic) and inquired about this black box from Satguide yesterday night. Even though it was late at night I got a call immediately from the team in Hyderabad. The device is priced at 13,999/- and has free Camera / Bluetooth etc.

Unfortunately he said that it is as of now compatible with only the following models only:

Kenwood

Alpine

I researched that all these models have RGB connections. I intend to operate the system with the touchscreen alone. Since I could not get clear instructions from Satguide about its compatibility, I decided not to go ahead with the purchaae now. Im sure the prices are also expected to fall with more number of such units being sold - touchscreen devices come for under 10K. This is a screenless PDA in effect, so should ideally be cheaper.

Satguide were nice enough to promise a full refund if at all my AVH unit is not compatible. But do not wish to take the trouble till I m sure it works. I also sent Satguide a link to this thread so that they can also can obtain more information about compatibility.
Old 14th January 2010, 17:28   #22
BHPian

@m4ugr8: Sir, I checked out in Autocar magazine about the prices of the MapmyIndia Black box about 3 days ago. It was a ridiculous 27,000/- MRP. Yesterday I was pleasantly surprised at being quoted 13,999/- from Satguide with maps and a Rear view camera.

@cedizen: Your unit is a compatible one. Go ahead with satguide GPS Navigation India | Personal Navigation Device(PND) | Turn by Turn Navigation
35K?? Wonder where dealers get the audacity to quote atrocious figures like these. The sad part is that there are people who will pay these dealers such prices.

Bring the price down to 4 digits and I will bite the bullet immediately.
Old 15th January 2010, 23:53   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkborah View Post
@m4ugr8: Sir, I checked out in Autocar magazine about the prices of the MapmyIndia Black box about 3 days ago. It was a ridiculous 27,000/- MRP. Yesterday I was pleasantly surprised at being quoted 13,999/- from Satguide with maps and a Rear view camera.

@cedizen: Your unit is a compatible one. Go ahead with satguide GPS Navigation India | Personal Navigation Device(PND) | Turn by Turn Navigation
35K?? Wonder where dealers get the audacity to quote atrocious figures like these. The sad part is that there are people who will pay these dealers such prices.

Bring the price down to 4 digits and I will bite the bullet immediately.

Yes even I checked with Mapmyindia and they quoted the price for their new blackbox as 25k at that time after a Discount of 10% . even I expect the prices to fall a few months down the line. Worth waiting I guess

Will check with Satguide tonight.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks