Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2005, 12:00   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivekphadnis
p.s: which JBL/Blaupunkt 6x9 (rear) and 4/5/6 inchers (front) will be good for my Alto and any idea about the price?
For the alto, you can only fit 4" in the stock position.
i'd say (and dont say "ofcourse you would", because many will back me up here lol)
GTO936e for the rear(Rs 4750/-) and GTO426e for the front(2500/-) Be careful as some dealers will try and tell you there is additional VAT for the bill. There isn't. The prices include VAT and you can report a dealer that doesnt give you a bill and warranty. it's your right.
If you'd like to save a little money, buy sony fronts, theyre about 1400/-. Though it will make a slight difference in the mids and high, there will be no lows coming from the front anyways so it's a very small compromise.
Old 8th July 2005, 14:44   #17
BHPian

But the 936 can handle 100W RMS while my Pioneer puts out about 22W per channel. But I suppose staying within the limits will not cause any harm. Can I use the same combo you suggested if I decide to add an external amp later?
Also could you suggest any reliable JBL dealer in Bangalore.

Thanks,
Vivek

Last edited by Vivekphadnis : 8th July 2005 at 14:57.
Old 8th July 2005, 15:03   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
But the 936 can handle 100W RMS while my Pioneer puts out about 22W per channel. But I suppose staying within the limits will not cause any harm. Can I use the same combo you suggested if I decide to add an external amp later?
Also could you suggest any reliable JBL dealer in Bangalore.

Thanks,
Vivek
The 936e does handle high power but is very sensitive, so you can go ahead and connect it to the deck. Baadme when you put an amp it will sound even better.
A reliable JBL dealer is Sound Factor, at Lavelle Road. Speak to a guy called pritam there. If pritam isnt there, my office is right next to that place, ask for the manager, Naren. He'll arrange for something. Tell them you're a friend of sams. It'll make the process quite easy lol. All the best.
Old 8th July 2005, 15:41   #19
BHPian

Quote:
A reliable JBL dealer is Sound Factor, at Lavelle Road. Speak to a guy called pritam there. If pritam isnt there, my office is right next to that place, ask for the manager, Naren. He'll arrange for something. Tell them you're a friend of sams. It'll make the process quite easy lol. All the best.
Thanks a million Sam. You have been a great help. I am off to check out the speakers.

Cheers,
Vivek
Old 8th July 2005, 19:36   #20
BHPian

Sam,
I bought the speakers you suggested. They sounded nice with my Pioneer.
Mr. Pritam gave me the warranty card and also a small discount. He said it will cost a little extra if I want the bill. I asked him if the bill is necessary, he said it is not required and that the warranty card is enough in case of any problem. Is that okay?

Vivek
Old 11th July 2005, 14:15   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi!
JBL products are always sold with a bill and there is never an extra charge.
I have spoken to pritam, seems to be a misunderstanding. Please drop by anytime to pick up your bill at no extra charge.
Thank you for bringing this to my notice.

Sam
Old 11th July 2005, 14:22   #22
BHPian

Sam, very nice of you. Thanks.

Vivek
Old 11th July 2005, 17:26   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I realise that speakers are the most important component of the audio chain. The speaker is where the electrical signal is converted to sound. So, it makes sense to go for good transducers..
Ok before Sam jumps me I am going to seek protection from the Moderators for my following statement(s).

Vivek, any chain is only as strong as its weakest link. Good speaker bad HU can sound as bad speaker good HU. (amps, and other processors make this more complex).

That said you can have problems at both ends the worst being in the extremly small signal components where any noise gets amplified by the entire chain and at the speaker end becuase one is converting electrical energy into mechnical energy.

This can be a longer discussion with some arguing that building an amp with 1% (at rated power, 20-20kHz) distortion is easy while building a speaker with 1% (at 50Hz at 95db) distortion is diffuclt etc. etc. but we'll leave that for another thread or maybe even another forum.
Old 12th July 2005, 18:29   #24
BHPian

Guys, check this link http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showt...0&pagenumber=1
Old 12th July 2005, 18:42   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice. Quite nice. Is this what you're planning to build?
Old 12th July 2005, 18:48   #26
BHPian

Depends on whether I get all the parts in Bangalore. Getting the semiconductors is a problem sometimes. Navin suggested the B&K STI140 amp but I am not able to find schematics and PCB layouts.
Old 13th July 2005, 09:31   #27
Team-BHP Support

The ST 140/202+ are not car audio amps. the modified version is prat of my home audio system.

Car Audio amps require much more esp since alternator whine etc has to be eliminated. Today I use Alpines in 1 car, a Velocity and a regular Blau in the other. Wish I could afford Precision Power though.
Old 13th July 2005, 10:02   #28
BHPian

Any other car amps you can suggest? I think I need five channels, including one for a sub.
Old 13th July 2005, 12:01   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Well...... I have some schematics for car amps... (of course)
Old 13th July 2005, 12:27   #30
BHPian

I would love to see them if you don't mind.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks