Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2009, 12:34   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinNbr View Post
Hi gang,
Got a couple of queries. I had booked an i20 Magna last weekend. Magna and Asta come with Kenwood HU + 4 Kenwood speakers + 2 Tweeters, only difference is that Magna does not have a USB port, while the Asta model has.

My queries are -
(1). Is it worth changing the HU to something with a USB port. Would there be an exchange offer available for the same at an ICE dealer.
(2). Would changing the HU void the warranty?
(3). Lastly is there any workaround to this situation w/o a HU change. I don't have an iPod, only use my N73 ME to listen to music

Hi.. me too have a magna. But absolutely satisfied w/o usb. I'm using my ipod with aux.. the output is excellent.
And n73 comes with 3.5mm jack.. so it should be equally good. The output quality depends upon file quality rather than the device. So try for yourself.
Old 22nd March 2010, 03:49   #17
BHPian

Help on ICE for i20

Hi

I am posting this on behalf of a friend of mine.
He owned a Swift with the below setup, which he had sold yesterday and is now getting an i20.

HU: JVC AVX44
Front Comps: JBL P6560C
Rear Speakers: 2 Sets of Infinity Kappa 693.9i
Subwoofers: 2 Pioneer TS-W1208D4 in ported enclosure
DSP: Pioneer 9200
Amplifiers: JBL 2 channel to amplify fronts, JBL S644 for the kappas and Rokford Fosgate Prime r500 for the subs.

He is planning to shift all this to his newer car, i20.

And now for the help, i would like to know what are the goods and bads about this setup and is there anything than can be changed for some more SPL.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards,
captainsokhi
Old 22nd March 2010, 17:25   #18
Team-BHP Support

Captain Sahib,

Your friend has 4 6x9s and 2 12" subs in the car and still wants more SPL!

1. Damp the doors and trunk
2. Get better RCA cables
3. Assuming the 12" woofers are in properly designed boxes, get them checked. They have a 500W amp driving them. Even at 90db/1w (for the 2 of them) they should be making some 110db before running out of steam.
4. Ensure that the JBL amps has it HPF set to say 60Hz. No need to load the 6x9 or front with the last octave.
Old 23rd March 2010, 00:12   #19
BHPian

Thank you very much for the reply Navin Ji.
We will get it all installed and update.
Old 29th January 2011, 23:03   #20
BANNED

Need Advice on i20 ICE?

Hi,am roger from borivali west ic mumbai.I have been a member for a decent time now , and i seek advice from you guru's .!
I have a i20 magna recent version brand new.planning to go for 2 phases of installs.

1st phase.

1.av dvd touch screen unit 7" , probably pioneer av4150 or the jvc series..
2.front components ( no clue ,which ones?)
3.rear coaxials or again components on the back door)

2nd phase

1.amplifier (4 channel to power the components if necessary, or it will be mono for the woofer depending on your suggestions)
2.woofer (custom fitted to side panels in the boot,like the custom fibreglass wrk,,or in a sealed enclosure.)

i know with all of this comes the need of good wiring ,cables, capacitors and damping ,that would be in the second phase.
i need your help to suggest me good installers in mumbai who can carry out phase 1 of the install.
i need ur help to decide the right products for phase 1
my budget is 40 , 45 k max.

Please help.! thanks guys .!
Old 30th January 2011, 17:42   #21
BHPian

Re: Need Advice on i20 ICE?

i20 magna comes with a stock HU and speakers. So the first step should be to source a decent dash-kit for the aftermarket HU.

A good touch screen double din would cost you ~25k.
Components - Choose from Rainbow SLG Titans / Morel Maximos / DLS R6A (9k/6k/12k)
Rear Coaxials - Use the stock speakers and run them of the HU

Amp - Kenwood 8404 / Bull Audio 4 Channel (9k)
Sub - Image Dynamics CTX / Inifinity Kappa 120.9 / JBL GTO / Blaupunkt GTw (8k/10k/5k/4k)

Contact Ajay Kamath (Bass&Trouble) or Ramie in Mumbai, their installs and guidance is extremely good.
Old 31st January 2011, 00:49   #22
Senior - BHPian

Hi,roger the 1st phase pioneer avh-p4150 is dated now,secondly one has to choose components as per his listening and personal choice.would suggest you can go in for 2 pairs of comps powering with a decent amp capable of driving comps like butter,also get the doors damped.

Since i20 is having a bigger boot you can get a decent 300-500wRMS subwoofer in FG box shaped in one corner to provide enough pumping bass to shake your car caps are not needed indeed.But can get a decent wiring kit for the audio power-plant.

In-case you wish to retain the OE Headunit provided with the car you can choose to install a line in converter and integrate it to the after market products.

Ramie
Old 31st January 2011, 10:42   #23
BANNED

hi guys ,
well "thelord" mr kamath has been kind enough to send me a list of products at my budget,will be contacting soon for followups.!
thx, ramie, for the suggestion. i will go for the pioneer 4250.
2 comps is good idea with a 4 channel powered amp for now.
its that only exceed my budget , will have to wait for the woofer and another amp install.
yes good wiring , and damping is certainly gonna be and imp part of my first stage install.

Last edited by GTO : 31st January 2011 at 14:11. Reason: Please do NOT solicit contact via email on the public forum
Old 4th January 2013, 22:38   #24

ICE options for Hyundai i20 Magna within 12-15K

Hi,

A newbie with cars and car audio systems. I just booked an i20 Magna which does not come with OEM fitted audio system but comes with two front speakers and two tweeters.

Can I get a recommendation for an ICE, Head Unit, Rear Speakers and sub-woofers within a budget of 12-15K ? (Need bluetooth, USB, CD, Aux in)

Also a few questions:

- How does it sound only with the front speakers and tweeters if the usage of the car is mostly for only two people ?
- Can the front speakers/tweeters be moved to rear so that I can purchase better ones for front ?
- Can the door speakers be fit in the back for i20 ? Is it better than to fit the speakers on parcel tray ?
- I've read in earlier threads that the sub-woofers offer good bass effect. Are they to be fit in addition to the speakers ?

If anybody has good references for shops in Bangalore where I can get them fitted for a decent price please recommend.
Old 4th January 2013, 23:22   #25
BHPian

Re: ICE options for Hyundai i20 Magna within 12-15K

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexterslab View Post
Hi,

A newbie with cars and car audio systems. I just booked an i20 Magna which does not come with OEM fitted audio system but comes with two front speakers and two tweeters.

Can I get a recommendation for an ICE, Head Unit, Rear Speakers and sub-woofers within a budget of 12-15K ? (Need bluetooth, USB, CD, Aux in)

Also a few questions:

- How does it sound only with the front speakers and tweeters if the usage of the car is mostly for only two people ?
- Can the front speakers/tweeters be moved to rear so that I can purchase better ones for front ?
- Can the door speakers be fit in the back for i20 ? Is it better than to fit the speakers on parcel tray ?
- I've read in earlier threads that the sub-woofers offer good bass effect. Are they to be fit in addition to the speakers ?

If anybody has good references for shops in Bangalore where I can get them fitted for a decent price please recommend.
First of all, congrats on a new buy. Enjoy many miles on your new car.

As for a car not coming with OEM fitted stereo but having front speakers and tweeters, I am not aware of this. Isn't the idea a little stupid? Giving speakers but nothing to play them off? Are you sure you have not mistaken front speaker and tweeter slots for the speakers themselves?

Now as for HU, rear speakers and sub, they will definitely not come in the budget of 12-15 k. Specially since you want the HU with bluetooth. Pioneer MVH 355BT comes with USB, Aux and BT, and will cost around 5.5-6k. Apart from this, any decent rear speakers would come for not less than 3-4k. This itself takes the budget upto 10k.

Besides, when you buy a subwoofer, you will definitely need to buy an amp as well. This is because the HU will not be able to deliver the kind of power that is needed to drive a sub. Hence an amp is a must. Along with this, you will also need a wiring kit that consists of power cables for the amp and RCA cables for input signal to the amp. The cost of this should be around 8k or more.

Answering your questions, front speakers and tweeter is not such a bad idea if mostly two people are travelling. However, it is nowhere close to what you can call sufficiently good audio. Again, that depends on one's perception. As for adding a subwoofer, yes it lends excellent balance to the sound stage. But if you add only a subwoofer in the rear and no rear speakers, then in case someone does sit in the backseat, all they will hear is the irritating boom boom. Hence if you are going for a sub, then I suggest you install rear speakers as well. As for fitting them in doors or parcel tray, other i20 owners can comment.

From my personal experience, music without good bass in like food without salt. I was pretty happy with my 4 speaker setup before I got a sub. Once I got it, I started wondering how I ever lived without it.

Last edited by swarnava.m : 4th January 2013 at 23:24.
swarnava.m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2013, 13:49   #26

Re: ICE options for Hyundai i20 Magna within 12-15K

Thanks swarnava for the reply.

The feature sheet indeed talks about front speakers and tweeters for magna but i'm not sure. Let me check on that once more.

If the budget is not sufficient for the complete audio system then probably I should only setup the front speakers and HU with the same amount.

Pioneer MVH 355BT does not seem to have a CD slot. Any other model that comes with a CD slot too ?

If it's only for one set of speakers and HU will I be able to afford better models ? Any recommendation ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks