Team-BHP - Gigy's Carputer Setup
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Gigy's Carputer Setup (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/64264-gigys-carputer-setup-2.html)

Some pictures of system in operation.

Will have to upgrade to vista for TA as its not available in xp.
I had tried some version of windows 7 but the rear/sub and center speakers refused to work with available latest driver of al888 series.
windows7 was a modified version for fast operation. gps didnt work and there was no static from radio also.

Installed windows 7 again. got gps working fine. sound is also good enough now.
got TA/room correction feature now.
Also installed a rear view camera.
FM radio doesn't work.

My old amplifier is back in action.
The sub banging itself against the stop light, this is the location i found to give the best bass effect.

nice install and pics.
where did you get that realtech's TA software?

Thats the standard driver software for the audio chipset onboard. Everything is fine in stereo till now. Bit scared to enable 5.1 now.
Will put in a lower rating ANL fuse on power line and also a small1amp fuse on the turn on line before next experiment

thats a great install indeed.
can you please enlighten us about your expenditure n detail and also let us know from where did you buy all the stuff.

regards
SINGH

There is a very very long thread about expenditures, disasters and cost in DIY section.
I has been a long trip and too many changes after that.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...er-thread.html
Now i want to stop upgrading/downgrading for sometime.
Cost of all items are there in first post.
Items were sourced from various sources like Iride.in, newegg.com, short-circuit.com, mp3car.com, ebay, lamington, milan subway, fellow bhpian etc

I have seen many people assembling the Carputer etc with expensive itx mobo, cpu, special purpose cabinets etc. Following came as a demo unit to my office last week, People can use it as an option, i am sure they are redily available in other parts of the country.

As the demo piece was taken, i have ordered, lets see when it arrives. It works off through adaptor, Hence no need of expensive 12 volt inverter SMPS. I am not sure about the voltage But will post when my piece arrives.

Configuration:
Intel Centrino 1.7 GHz, Mobile Processor,

1 GB RAM, 160 GB HDD,

DVD Writer / Combo, 15.6'' TFT,
KBD, Optical Mouse, Wi-Fi, DVI to VGA Converter , IEEE, Ethernet, USB Port,
S-Video, Net WT- 1Kg

My transfer price is Rs. 23,000/- tax extra with 15.6 inch tft. it will come down

This is imported by a friend through some foreign collaboration. more details when it comes.

Gigy's Carputer Setup-mini-pc-copy-medium.jpg

PS: this is not a marketing post. Just for helping someone who wants to run a carputer project at half the cost. as tft can sold off or can be optional.

Sorry gigy for jumping through your thread

@gigy. I have tried that TA features in realtek properties with onboard audio. but SQ is not good. so i am using external creative card.
TA is possible with all those VST plugins. but need to understand Audiomuluch and other software. pretty complicated.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gigy (Post 1496827)
Also installed a rear view camera.

How did you get the distance meter on the camera view? I mean the scale, does reduce when backing into a object? does it have addtioanal sensor or just a software based scale?

That scale is just a overlapping image on the camera image.
It stays horizontal even if the camera is rotated, i doubt if it is actually calibrated one.Will have to check it someday when i have company.
I have reinstalled it to correct the view, its lot better now. Have tilted the number plate a bit to make it better.

Some addition to existing setup. headrest display is for 2500. As of now its a split vga signal going to both display. wired it up till the pci vga card goes in. I am yet to figure out how to pass the wire through the seat. A belkin 4 port hub and iball microphone.

Great job gigy. Would have to bug you a lot when it is time for my install.

You are welcome anytime :)

Great ! So now rear passengers can also enjoy ! :) Does current CF support multi display ?