Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2007, 21:39   #6631
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
I looked around the 507's crossover and there weren't any jumper switches.
Yes there are switches. Take the top cover off the crossover and you will see them.
Old 21st July 2007, 21:42   #6632
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanchi_s View Post
Can you please let me know hertz / infinity speakers availability in Chennai?
I have PM'ed the contact details for the Infinities. As for the Hertz, we do not have anyone deal with them here in Chennai. You can get in touch with Gunbir to source the Hertz but I dont think you can take a demo of them.

Street RacingMotorHeader - Street Racing in India - Vikram Sunderraj
Old 22nd July 2007, 09:35   #6633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
let us know what happens monday.
Thanks Navinji,
I'll get back to you with the observations.
Old 22nd July 2007, 18:40   #6634
BHPian

Have you heard any lens problem with Sony MEX-DV2000?
Old 23rd July 2007, 09:53   #6635
BHPian

Quote:
If you have a simple battery connect the battery to the sub (momentairly) and see if the cone moves. +ve to +ve should make the cone move out, +ve to -ve the cone will move in. outward motion is more easily detectable.

if this works then slowly push the dust cap (I assume the sub uses a stiff dustcap). when the cone moves see if the movement is smooth. not like something is scraping inside.
Sorry Navinji, Sunday was too hectic. Couldnt do the tests with battery. I Dont have a voltmeter too.

However, I checked the movement of cone. No scraping. It moved smooth.
Old 23rd July 2007, 10:11   #6636
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhar's View Post
Sorry Navinji, Sunday was too hectic. Couldnt do the tests with battery.
dont worry about the voltmeter but the battery test is a good one to do.
Old 23rd July 2007, 12:14   #6637
BHPian

Hi Gurus,

I own a NHC (2006) model and have been using the OE HU (Alpine 9845) and OE Speakers (don't know what they are) for the past 18 months.

I am currently thinking of upgrading only the speakers and have finalized the below mentioned ones. I have a few queries; hope you guys don't mind answering them (though so much discussion on these items have happened already!)

Front: GTO607 - 6½" 2-Way Component System Set
Rear: GTO637 - 6½" 3-Way Coaxial Loud Speakers

We (me and my family) do not listen to music at high volumes (we have 2 kids below 5yrs) and don't have much interest to boom boom sounds.

Hence, NO AMP and NO SUB.

#1: Will the existing HU (Alpine 9845) w/o an AMP drive these speakers sufficient enough to produce good sound?

#2: From the earlier discussions on this thread, I gather that NHC requires damping to the front doors even if no AMP is installed. Is it good enough to install damping only to the front doors?

#3: For damping, what brand is good and which one to avoid? And how much will it cost for item #2 above?

#4: Which is the "best" place to install the tweeters in a car generally and in NHC in particular? (I saw the suggestion and picture from LBM but was wondering if that position is prone to dust collection?)

#5: Who is the "right" BHP-ian to be "quoted" to get the best price and best install from Sound Factor, Bangalore! (This is the easiest, I know )

Regards,
Babu
Old 23rd July 2007, 12:28   #6638
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmbabu View Post
#4: Which is the "best" place to install the tweeters in a car generally and in NHC in particular? (I saw the suggestion and picture from LBM but was wondering if that position is prone to dust collection?)
Sir which one....??
Old 23rd July 2007, 12:37   #6639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Sir which one....??
This one:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...tml#post277095

Did I say something wrong LBM?
Old 23rd July 2007, 12:48   #6640
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This one:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...tml#post277095

Did I say something wrong LBM?
No No..

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/277095-post6.html

as commented there the tweeter facing is incorrect in the NHC, but in the picture posted by me was a reference for those who don't like treble much.

For normal usage mounting like this is a good option...

or this one also...

Old 23rd July 2007, 13:10   #6641
BHPian

LBM, thanks for the correction and clarification. That helps.
Old 23rd July 2007, 13:44   #6642
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I own a NHC (2006) model and have been using the OE HU (Alpine 9845) ...
Front: GTO607 - 6½" 2-Way Component System Set
Rear: GTO637 - 6½" 3-Way Coaxial Loud Speakers

We (me and my family) do not listen to music at high volumes..
#1: Will the existing HU (Alpine 9845) w/o an AMP drive these speakers sufficient enough to produce good sound?

#2: From the earlier discussions on this thread, I gather that NHC requires damping to the front doors even if no AMP is installed. Is it good enough to install damping only to the front doors?

#3: For damping, what brand is good and which one to avoid? And how much will it cost for item #2 above?

#5: Who is the "right" BHP-ian to be "quoted" to get the best price and best install from Sound Factor, Bangalore! (This is the easiest, I know )

Regards,
Babu
OK here goes...

I wold listen to atleast 2-3 brands of spekers before deciding on one. A short list would include JBL GTO, Blaupunkt Thc/Thx, Illusion Carbon, Hertz Energy, and Infinity Reference (which is a sister brand of JBL).

1. If yo find your self pushing your HU's volume control beyond the half way mark get an amp. The Balupunkt GT Special and Pio 6200 (6-7K each) are 2 you can consider.

2. Damp the front doors. I speak from expereince with my mom's NHC.

3. Any good BUTYL RUBBER based damping material is good. Dynamat is available in most places but is also the most expensive. Wurth, American Dynamics (available in Bangalore), etc.. are all discussed on a seperate thead on this forum (VFM Damping Materials).

4. I found the best place to instal the tweeters in teh NHC is on the door itself. When you close the door right where the dash's AC vents meet the door. That's what we did for mom.

5. Sam Kapasi represents JBL.
Old 23rd July 2007, 13:57   #6643
BHPian

Quote:
OK here goes...

I wold listen to atleast 2-3 brands of spekers before deciding on one. A short list would include JBL GTO, Blaupunkt Thc/Thx, Illusion Carbon, Hertz Energy, and Infinity Reference (which is a sister brand of JBL).

1. If yo find your self pushing your HU's volume control beyond the half way mark get an amp. The Balupunkt GT Special and Pio 6200 (6-7K each) are 2 you can consider.
Thanks a lot Navin; your answers help a lot. Regarding the speakers, will Illusion Carbon, Hertz Energy, and Infinity Reference be more expensive? (My thinking was to get the speakers under 12K)

From your answers, I might have to get an AMP. Will consider that as well.
Old 23rd July 2007, 14:31   #6644
BHPian

JL Audio

Hi Gurus, How JL audio speakers would be? Have you heard of this? Any inputs greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 23rd July 2007, 14:37   #6645
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks a lot Navin; your answers help a lot. Regarding the speakers, will Illusion Carbon, Hertz Energy, and Infinity Reference be more expensive? (My thinking was to get the speakers under 12K)
yes these are a bit more expensive but they are smoother sounding (I have heard the Illusion and own Infinities) and their Highs are less harsh.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks