Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2007, 10:12   #6721
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Sir, a bit confused. How exactly?
Sorry B&T, I should have said tweeter magnet.

Yes the name is Macrom. Senility and dexlexia strikes again.

Macrom sourced Morel (Israel) drivers. Der Alte, I think they were based in Italy but I could be mistaken. I dont have many bookmarsk on this and the only link of manufacturers I have is this Audio Links. It does not refer to Morel Acoustics USA at all.

Morel Acoustics USA and Morel, Israel were related for a while and then had a falling out. Which version you believe depends on who you know. The whole sordid story is aired here
Morel v's MorelUSA - CARSOUND.COM Forum

The Audio industry is full of such stories.
Old 30th July 2007, 10:59   #6722
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Yes the name is Macrom. Senility and dexlexia strikes again.

Macrom sourced Morel (Israel) drivers. Der Alte, I think they were based in Italy but I could be mistaken. I dont have many bookmarsk on this and the only link of manufacturers I have is this Audio Links. It does not refer to Morel Acoustics USA at all.
Yes, they are based out of Italy. Their website [Macrom] - says that at the bottom of "The Macrom story" page under History. "The Extreme story" says that they design / make their own.

Looks like they have distributors in Malaysia/Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia, China, Vietnam and Taiwan.

Has anyone on TBHP has personally heard / used Macrom?
Old 30th July 2007, 11:01   #6723
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Has anyone on TBHP has personally heard / used Macrom?
I have (but the ones I have heard model numbers different from the ones on the website you mentioned). The person who had them told me that they were made by Morel for Marcom. I assume it was Morel IL not Morel USA.

I thought this was their website.
Morel Europe by Eltim Audio
or this.
MACROM Car Audio & Multimedia

Last edited by navin : 30th July 2007 at 11:31.
Old 30th July 2007, 17:11   #6724

Folks,
Sorry if this is discussed earlier. couldn't get any search results .. hence posting..

I'm planning to buy a swift and the first accessory I want to put in is a double-din music system(entry level).

Though I'm not planning to put hi-end amps or subs, I like the appearance of a double-din player, than having a crappy look on my swift dash board with a single din player and a hole below.

I've seen from kenwood site about these 2 players.
Kenwood DPX-MP2100, DPX-MP2090. Please tell your opinion.
How much does these cost? (rediff shopping lists 9800. but in stores?)

Also, any other good suggestions??

Thanks guys...

Sandy
Old 30th July 2007, 20:07   #6725
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have (but the ones I have heard model numbers different from the ones on the website you mentioned). The person who had them told me that they were made by Morel for Marcom. I assume it was Morel IL not Morel USA.

I thought this was their website.
Morel Europe by Eltim Audio
or this.
MACROM Car Audio & Multimedia
I guess Morel ® Loudspeakers must be Morel's official website, whereas the one you found is hosted by Eltim Audio, Netherlands, who must be their EU distributors (like Sahil for India for JBL). Yes, Morel IL does mention their contribution to Macrom drivers.

That Macrom website is the Polish (.pl) website, with Polish content. The main Macrom website (.it) is in Italian, with a proper English version.
Old 31st July 2007, 09:58   #6726
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
That Macrom website is the Polish (.pl) website, with Polish content..
Well given that you speak Urdu, German, French and a few other languages it should not be very hard to understand (for you).
Old 31st July 2007, 10:00   #6727
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep_gopinat View Post
Though I'm not planning to put hi-end amps or subs, I like the appearance of a double-din player, than having a crappy look on my swift dash board with a single din player and a hole below.
Look at Kenwood and JVC.
Old 31st July 2007, 11:35   #6728
Senior - BHPian

Was planning to get an ICE upgrade soon for my Cedia. I'd love the gurus to give me some advice... Have around 80k or so budget. Wish to change the ICE in my Cedia. I'll probably keep the Blaupunkt MP46 headunit. I'd love suggestions for the rest. I desire accuracy over all else. Don't care about SPL, super bass and all the standard frills. I mostly listen to rock/metal/jazz and a bit of classical. So gurus need help

Need a pair of front components, rear coaxials, sub, amps, wiring, damping, installer fees etc.

Mods please feel free to branch this off into a separate thread if that is better.

Last edited by reignofchaos : 31st July 2007 at 11:41.
Old 31st July 2007, 12:21   #6729
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Have around 80k or so budget.
I'll probably keep the Blaupunkt MP46 headunit.
Don't care about SPL, super bass and all the standard frills. I mostly listen to rock/metal/jazz and a bit of classical. So gurus need help
Need a pair of front components, rear coaxials, sub, amps, wiring, installer etc..
80K is a very good budget. I suspect a "feeding frenzy" will start soon. so be warned. At this price range most components are very good. They just cater to different tastes. So please hear before you purchanse anything.

I would first spend on damping the doors, trunk, firewall and underbody. The materials used can be different. Wurth spray on for the underbody, butyl rubber damping sheets (see teh VFM damping thread) for the doors, firewall and trunk, etc.

I'd split 80K up as follows:

Front speakers: 20K eg: Infinity Kappa, Hertz Hi-Energy, Illusion Carbon, Boston Pro, Polk Momo, DLS, Rainbow
Rear Speakers: 6K eg: Infinty Ref, Hertz Energy, Illusion ELectra, Boston, Polk
Amplifer: 25K eg: Audison SRx 5, Steg QM45.6x or Infinity 475 and 1300 (4+1 channel combo).
Subwoofer: 14K Image Dynamics, Polk MM124, JBL GTi, Infinity Kappa, DLS, Boston Pro (I think these have butyl rubber surrounds instead of foam surrounds like regualr Boston subs)
Damping, Wires and Install: 15K

I suspect I might have some prices wrong so please check with the Gurus (Sam, B&T, Gunbir, LBM, etc)

Last edited by navin : 31st July 2007 at 12:22.
Old 31st July 2007, 12:25   #6730
Senior - BHPian

Budget is flexible... can go up another 20k if there's something seriously better available. 1 Lac would be the hard limit but I'd prefer something within 80k. I'll probably get a better head unit later so not spending on that right now.

One concern though is weight... I'd not want the ICE to be so ridiculously heavy as to hamper acceleration. I remember someone saying his ICE weighed 100 kg. No thanks I'd prefer something lighter .
Old 31st July 2007, 12:36   #6731
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
I remember someone saying his ICE weighed 100 kg. No thanks I'd prefer something lighter .
100kg! That must have been the weight including a ICE Guru.
Old 31st July 2007, 18:08   #6732

Hi Guys,

My drive is a Black Mitsubishi Lancer GLXi(Stock) and she's desperate for a make over now. I intend to start with ICE and would need Team-BHP's help.

Could you guy's please suggest a configuration for my car audio. My budget is around 40K.

My Requirements:
1. Good Quality music.
2. Strong Bass effect[strong enough to blow a girl's skirt off ].
3. Head unit must look decent(preferably is shades of black) and must include MP3,Radio,USB & Bluetooth.
4. No DVD.

Many Thanks.
Old 31st July 2007, 21:24   #6733
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
100kg! That must have been the weight including a ICE Guru.

Hehe looks like the other ICE gurus are on vacation . Anyone knows what are the best places in blore for ICEing?
Old 31st July 2007, 22:28   #6734
Senior - BHPian

Hmm I would take it to 100k not 80k...and will look a bit more around it.

Front Stage.
Infinity or Illusion
I just got one Carbon Series installed in my friends Corolla. Mind blowing sound. No harsh treble, smooth midr range sound, Nice Mid bass. Perfect for a front stage.

Infinity I listened in Sam Bhai Verna. again Solid sound good midrange. But the tweeter are brighter than the Carbon. But that can be tone down.

Rear speakers I think you can leave them as they make the sound worse than better so avoid them if you can.

Amps again Infinity and STEG.

You can go for a powerful 4 channel, 2 for the front stage and the other 2 channels bridged for the sub.

Gt-trading - Attivitą

Infinity is have one 75 x 4 amp and the other one is a mono block 600 watts but this combo is less than steg 105.4 in terms of cost.

For the sub I would recommend the Illusion Luccent series sub fast and tight for the sub duty...

Front stage
Illusion Carbon -> 25k
Illusion Luccent -> 11.5
Infinity (I dont have the correct price but will be in 10-15k range)

Amplifier
Steg 105.4x -> 60k
Infinity combo -> 35k

Sub
Illusion luccent series sub 12 inch -> 9.7k
Illusion Carbon seires sub 10 inch -> 20k
Old 31st July 2007, 22:37   #6735
Senior - BHPian

LBM how about installing a pair of components at the rear as well? Does it make sense? Say Illusion Carbon in front and a cheaper Lucent at the rear. The Steg amp seems to be out of my budget though. Any cheaper options?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks