Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2007, 23:53   #7261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
... After this short and romantic event, regardless of age and number of years in relationship, prepare for a rather active night.

The End.

Team-BHP offers you advice more comprehensive than you can imagine.
Ha... Ha... Sam Bhai...!!!
Old 17th November 2007, 11:10   #7262
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
GooRoos,

How does one explain the pro's/con's of a 15" sub VS a 12".

Let us hypothetically consider GT5 (15vs12) to illustrate the same. Basically my friend wants to know - "If size matters"
baba I think we went through all this before..

it all depends on the design on the sub, it's cabinet (if any) and it's interaction with the "room".

for example the GT5 15" sub might be perfect for a Skoda Octavia but might be overkill for an Alto where a pair of 8" subs might be more suitable.

When you compare the GT5 15 to the GT5 12 remember that while the 15 has a lower Fs it also will have higher Mms and a lower BL/Mms ratio (now I say this without even looking at the specs of either woofer so it can be all wrong, what I state is merely an "educated assumption").

If one was painting with a broad brush once could say that the 15" sub would demand an amp that can "swing more volts", a bigger box, a bigger cabin and will be prefered to a XOed a bit lower than it's 12" equivalent. It will however produce more SPL and go lower than the 12" sub.
Old 17th November 2007, 11:40   #7263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
It will however produce more SPL and go lower than the 12" sub.
Would a 15" be lower in sound quality compared to a similar 12"? I am looking for sound quality, and still not sure whether to go in for the 15". I have a Scorpio, and thought maybe a 15" would better fill the insides. Can the 15" sound crisp, or are they more muddy? Already on a JBL sealed enclosure 12", but could go in for a good sealed 15". Any suggestions, and the cost?
Thx.
Old 17th November 2007, 13:20   #7264
BHPian

Quote:
for example the GT5 15" sub might be perfect for a Skoda Octavia but might be overkill for an Alto where a pair of 8" subs might be more suitable.
Offhand, what size subs do you recommend for a Zen Estilo? (In terms of room space etc. think of it being very similar to the WagonR). - and oh yeah, SQ is way way more important than SPL, and since this would be fed off two channels of a 4 channel amp, the power that can be supplied to it would be limited.

Last edited by vebmetal : 17th November 2007 at 13:21.
Old 17th November 2007, 15:48   #7265
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibzez View Post
Would a 15" be lower in sound quality compared to a similar 12"? ..Can the 15" sound crisp..Thx.
I have not heard either the GT5 12" or 15" but yes a 15" woofer can sound as tight/crisp as a 12" provided the box, cabin etc. suit it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vebmetal View Post
Offhand, what size subs do you recommend for a Zen Estilo? ...
I would choose between a 10" or a 12". It is more than adequate. The reason 12" woofers got so popular was that they fit a wide variety of applications. With a 12" cone you could get low Fs, high SPL, etc... with smaller cones one had to depend more on Xmax. With bigger cones box volume would be a hinderance. Now this is just a general statement based on the technology of the 60s and 70s. Today with FEA, FFT, etc... things have changed a bit.
Old 17th November 2007, 16:59   #7266
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
How does one explain the pro's/con's of a 15" sub VS a 12".
Similar discussion..

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...s-12-subs.html
Old 18th November 2007, 11:39   #7267
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
baba I think we went through all this before..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Sorry for not searching

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
If one was painting with a broad brush once could say that the 15" sub would demand an amp that can "swing more volts", a bigger box, a bigger cabin and will be prefered to a XOed a bit lower than it's 12" equivalent. It will however produce more SPL and go lower than the 12" sub.
Car in question would be the Santro. So cabin isnt really big but boot can be sacrificed for this. He's got Hertz comps up front running off a 75.4 and the sub being installed is a 15" Hertz. Rear Fill unknown.
Old 18th November 2007, 19:23   #7268

has anyone heard about problems in fitting front 6" compos in a uva , i heard reports that the doors are too shallow and they cant be fitted easily
can anyone guide me about this issue.
my getz can take the 6" compos but i was wondering if the same is applicable to my brother in laws uva
Old 18th November 2007, 20:37   #7269
BHPian

Try these two threads

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...tra-6-1-a.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gurus/25342-need-ice-up-my-aveo-uva.html
Old 22nd November 2007, 11:15   #7270
BHPian

Knock Knock....
How come the most popular thread is sleeping for three days???
Where is everyone??

Ok, I'll put up my question to the Gurus.
Is there any ready made kick panel available which can accomodate a 6.5" woofer (HSK/ESK163) for Alto?
Old 22nd November 2007, 11:22   #7271
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhar's View Post
Knock Knock....
How come the most popular thread is sleeping for three days???
Where is everyone??

Ok, I'll put up my question to the Gurus.
Is there any ready made kick panel available which can accomodate a 6.5" woofer (HSK/ESK163) for Alto?
I dont think there are any ready made kick panels for indian cars available locally.
Old 22nd November 2007, 11:32   #7272
BHPian

Thanks Navinji,
Fabrication seems the only way.
Old 23rd November 2007, 15:43   #7273
BHPian

HI guys,
I need your advise here. I am pretty dumb when it comes to car audio. please help me out. I have an accent , and the company guy gave me a nippon cd player as a compliment, it promises 50x4 RMS and i think the speakers are nippon itself i can't see them,. i seriously want to change it. but to begin with i wanna start with the speakers and then maybe at a later stage change the headset too, please suggest wht kind of speakers i should go for and , my budget for the speakers is 6 k.
should i get the head unit too changed? if so wht decent played would i get for 6-7k.?
Old 23rd November 2007, 15:59   #7274
Senior - BHPian

You can get a good pair of components at 6k - JBL GTO, Hertz Deici, Illusion Electra, etc.

Your HU budget can fetch you a Pioneer 6950 or a model older in Pio.

However, you can retain your HU if it has a pre-out and spend the money on an amplifier or better speakers.
Old 23rd November 2007, 16:18   #7275
BHPian

thnx raghu... but man should i go for two components in the front and two coaxials in the rear? like you said i might retain my head for now and maybe replace it in a future date? and which model of coaxials would you suggest

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks