Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2007, 21:03   #7321
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketramekar View Post
Sam you are a savior to me.
Which is why he is always referred to as His Yetiship. With reverence!
You'll find out in due course....
Old 4th December 2007, 22:19   #7322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
@guyon.....
Balu from Hamburg made me laugh too.
Hey Its "Blaupunkt Hamburg MP57"

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
BTW, in 10k budget it's very much necessary to get a good HU if any further upgrades are planned. If not, then a HU worth 4-5k will do. Get a pair of good speakers for the front for another 5k. And You're a rock star within the budget.
If you're not very particular about Blaus, then I would suggest you to check out the new Pios and Alpines for their new HUs. In speakers you should check out the illusions and Hertz Dieci range.
Thanks for the suggestion. Am planing to go for good set of front and rear speakers from JBL.
Old 5th December 2007, 00:17   #7323
Senior - BHPian

A whistling noise has started when I press the throttle. I guess this is a grounding issue? What is confusing is that all was fine since ICE setup 3 months ago. Now it happens at times.
Could something be loose? Where should I check? Any process to isolate the source?
Old 5th December 2007, 08:56   #7324
Senior - BHPian

@shuvc, that sound would be alternator whine. There must be some problem with either the RCAs, or with the way the power wires were passed in the car. Power wires and RCAs passed together can cause this problem. Do you remember what brand of wires you used?

Some people with Pio HUs do get this problem over time, because some thin wire inside the HU that grounds the RCA jacks breaks off. There's a thread here someplace with a picture that shows how it was fixed.
Old 5th December 2007, 09:51   #7325
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_madhan View Post
I would like to upgrade my ice setup.. Max budget is 20k.
1. Car - ikon 1.3
2. HU - Kenwood cassete player
3. Speakers - Kenwood co-axials [ front and rear ]

2. Front Speakers - JBL or Infinity
3. Rear Speakers - JBL or Infinity
4. SUB - No as of now.
5. AMP - Confused whether to go or not..
Infinity wont fit a 20K budget, neither will a DVD HU.

Regular HU: 5K (Blau Mumbai, Pio 2950/3950, JVC, etc..)
Speakers: 9K (JBL GT5, Blau GT, etc...) 6x9s in the rear will offer you some semblance of bass in absence of a sub.
Amp: 7K (Pio 6300, Kenwood 8401, Blau GT4, JBL GT5, etc..)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketramekar View Post
Also the Amp Pioneer 7200M has a higher wattage for 2 Ohm load. .
relax dont push it. remember you car is capable of 140kmph too you dont drive it to the limit all the time do you. pushing an amp can lead to overheating (shortens amp life), lower damping factor and current exhaustion all of which are not good.

disclaimer: I am old school. modern amps might be better than I assue they are. B&T, Sam K, Gunbir etc. are more current. What say guys? Am I making a mountain out of a mole hill? Should I go wrap myself around my OPTs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Could something be loose? Where should I check? Any process to isolate the source?
remove all RCA wire. connect one channel at a time and see which channel causes this. then connect just that channel and see if the noise is still there.

report back.
Old 5th December 2007, 09:56   #7326
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
@shuvc, that sound would be alternator whine. There must be some problem with either the RCAs, or with the way the power wires were passed in the car. Power wires and RCAs passed together can cause this problem. Do you remember what brand of wires you used?

Some people with Pio HUs do get this problem over time, because some thin wire inside the HU that grounds the RCA jacks breaks off. There's a thread here someplace with a picture that shows how it was fixed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post

And you may find some clues here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...ines-help.html
Old 5th December 2007, 11:02   #7327
Senior - BHPian

I got my RCA's grounded recently, the whine went down but now everytime I honk I hear a distinct & loud Click from the Amped Speakers :(

My cables I belive were of average or below average category ones & its been close to two years that they are there, Do such cables loose their quality over this period?? I mean has the time to change to quality cables arrived? Stupid Question I know but still please answer
Old 5th December 2007, 12:30   #7328
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
I got my RCA's grounded recently, the whine went down but now everytime I honk I hear a distinct & loud Click from the Amped Speakers :(

My cables I belive were of average or below average category ones & its been close to two years that they are there, Do such cables loose their quality over this period?? I mean has the time to change to quality cables arrived? Stupid Question I know but still please answer
1. check your horn relay
2. cables do not age per se but due to the envrioment and the fact that they are twisted ane bent etc... problems like yours crop up.
Old 5th December 2007, 12:48   #7329
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the Info Navin. I will get the Relays checked.
Old 5th December 2007, 15:24   #7330
Senior - BHPian

Thanks, Navin and Anoop (see no name distortion !)

I had the same problem when we tried fitting @shuvd's old P1Y during the installation 3 months back. We just could not get the sound to go away. It was happening all the time.

Now with the 4950/75.4 combination it is happening at times. Strange. Anyway, let me try the RCA thing. Navin, where should I disconnect/reconect the RCA's from? The AMP or at the HU? Or both?

Anoop, RCA's are called Phoenix Gold. I don't think the power wire is of any special brand. Nice and red in colour ! It has been passed through the centre of the car. RCA's along the left door channels, speaker wires along the right door channels.
Old 5th December 2007, 17:01   #7331
BHPian

Subwoofer in Optra Magnum

Hi SAM,

This is my first post on the forum. I will be getting my Optra Magnum LT tomorrow morning and will straightaway go to the car acc. shop to change stock speakers but intend to leave the Alpine HU intact. After reading plenty of posts, Im narrowing down my selection to LBLs or Infinity Kappas 6" ers for the doors and a JBL amp (4 channel). The only problem is the Sub. According to a friend of mine, the Optra Magnum has something like a seat belt pipe running thru the parcel tray and so fitting a sub in the parcel tray wouldnt be possible. Is that true?

Putting in an enclosure would be a second option but since the car would always be picking up someone and would be storing luggage, this would become a hassle over time. The biggest problem is actually my Dad who will not approve of the enclosure in the trunk. I already went through hell putting one in my old WagonR.

1) Can you please advise me how I could install a woofer in the parcel tray?

2) What would be the pros and cons and which woofer would be preferable.

3)My choices were the Pioneer 307F (free air) and also some of these slim Alpine/Blaupunkt woofers.

4) Also, how are illusion audio speakers quality-wise?

5) Are they better or equal to the infinity and JBLs?

Please Help !!!

Thanks
SUNNY
Old 5th December 2007, 18:35   #7332
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunster
1) Can you please advise me how I could install a woofer in the parcel tray?
Maybe you could use a shallow sub with or without a small deck ring.

Quote:
2) What would be the pros and cons and which woofer would be preferable.
Enclosed anyday. Simpler to execute too. But given your constraints, it would be better to get one in the parcel tray than none at all.

Quote:
3)My choices were the Pioneer 307F (free air) and also some of these slim Alpine/Blaupunkt woofers.
Alpine has slim? Pioneer 307 is not really up to the mark.

Quote:
4) Also, how are illusion audio speakers quality-wise?

5) Are they better or equal to the infinity and JBLs?
Different brands catering to different tastes.
Old 5th December 2007, 18:38   #7333
BHPian

Hi Guru's,

what is the stock location size of the front speaker's in ford ikon 1.3? Can i fit JBL GTO507 in the front without modifying the door pads?
Old 5th December 2007, 19:42   #7334
BHPian

Dear B&T...Thanks a lot for the inputs. Im slowwwlly losing faith in the Pio 307F. Any ideas about good shallow subs acc to you. This seems to be the only hitch now. Door comps will anyways get fitted.
Thx
SUNNY
Old 6th December 2007, 01:18   #7335
BHPian

4 6x9 + 2 4" Pioneer's

Hi Guys,
I have 4 6x9 Pioneer 4ways (fitted on two custom made grass board boxes; 2 6x9s in each box) with 2 4" in front. Car is a santro. 2 of the 6x9s play in series with the front 4"s as there is no amp. HU is Pioneer DEH-3450 (50w x 4)

It’s a weird setup I know.

Now I was planning to install a 2 or a 4 ch amp and spread out the speakers on a real shelf. Will spreading out the speakers on the rear shelf actually make the sound better or the box will provide similar effect.
Kindly enlighten...

- Raghav

Last edited by aah78 : 6th December 2007 at 04:45. Reason: Text format tags removed. Thread merged with existing.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks