Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2007, 23:12   #7366
Senior - BHPian

Congrats sunny, your car looks very good!

You'll have to replace the current one with a MDF tray that doesn't rattle. I am not sure about the brake light on the tray - It may rattle once it gets to meet its neighbors.
Old 8th December 2007, 00:24   #7367
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunster View Post
Hi,

These are pics of my new ride and also of the parcel tray so the gurus can give some insight on woofer placement here.
I did not see the steel rod that was interfering with the woofers.
Old 8th December 2007, 11:50   #7368
Distinguished - BHPian

Great looking car and some heavy duty power to boot. I am sure your enjoying its 30kgm+ torque immensely.
Old 8th December 2007, 12:19   #7369
Senior - BHPian

Is there any way to connect IPOD to my system (ALPINE CDE 9845 EM) other than using Fm transmitters (fear of loss in sounquality)
Old 8th December 2007, 12:39   #7370
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbhp View Post
Is there any way to connect IPOD to my system (ALPINE CDE 9845 EM) other than using Fm transmitters (fear of loss in sounquality)
Knock ! Knock ! Someone there ?
Old 8th December 2007, 12:51   #7371
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I don't think you'll get direct iPod connectivity (control and charge thru HU). No such option according to Crutchfield: Alpine CDE-9845 CD receiver with MP3 / WMA playback at Crutchfield.com

But the Unit has an aux-in input in the back of the unit so an aux-in cable should work. according the "Accessories page" here Alpine CDE-9845 CD receiver with MP3 / WMA playback at Crutchfield.com the aux-in cable is regular 3.5mm to 3.5mm, the kind you get in any electronic shop. MX Cables (available in Ernakulam, in the shop "Vijtronix" just beside the MG Road Reliance Webworld) are the best option.
Old 8th December 2007, 12:56   #7372
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I dont think the KCA 420i or 422i will work. you might have to use a standard Ep-RCA connector (tot eh Aux in at th back of the HU) and control the ipod using the ipod's controls.

The CDA series of that generation (9827, 30, 31, 33, 35...) could use the 420i and this allowed the HU to control the ipod's functions
Old 8th December 2007, 12:59   #7373
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
I don't think you'll get direct iPod connectivity (control and charge thru HU). No such option according to Crutchfield: Alpine CDE-9845 CD receiver with MP3 / WMA playback at Crutchfield.com

But the Unit has an aux-in input in the back of the unit so an aux-in cable should work. according the "Accessories page" here Alpine CDE-9845 CD receiver with MP3 / WMA playback at Crutchfield.com the aux-in cable is regular 3.5mm to 3.5mm, the kind you get in any electronic shop. MX Cables (available in Ernakulam, in the shop "Vijtronix" just beside the MG Road Reliance Webworld) are the best option.
Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
I dont think the KCA 420i or 422i will work. you might have to use a standard Ep-RCA connector (tot eh Aux in at th back of the HU) and control the ipod using the ipod's controls.

The CDA series of that generation (9827, 30, 31, 33, 35...) could use the 420i and this allowed the HU to control the ipod's functions
Sankyu ! I'll check for the availability of the same in my town
Old 8th December 2007, 17:53   #7374
BHPian

hello all

B&T had suggested the use of EL6.1 Illusion electra and GZ 693 ( Ground zero for my swift.
After auditioning both speakers today at Boom i was really more than satisified.
however since this combination far exceeds what i was going to spend on JBL GTO607 ( B&W )and JBL 937 (grey); i am in a fix!

i had thought of a 4channel Kenwood KAC8401 or JBL CS60.4 for the above JBL combination-all 4 speakers, However since the new options(i.e the illusions and GZ) exceeds my budget i am only left with enough money for a 2 channel amp to drive the EL6.1compos and rely on the HU for the GZ693

Would this be advisable - good2channel amp for compos and rears on HU)
or should i get the 4channel and make do with JBL speakers

Most importantly also advice on the following
A budget 2 channel AMP (approx 60rms/channel)

Secondly would a 4 channel SONY amp be ok for driving the illusions and GZ( i know you guys on bhp dont advice it , but its the only cheaper option) - would this setup be a better option than a JBL or say kenwood 2 channel driving just compos
P.S i never blast my music

really looking forward to some sound advice from you guys

regaurds
Ali
Old 9th December 2007, 00:43   #7375
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magma View Post
B&T had suggested the use of EL6.1 Illusion electra and GZ 693 ( Ground zero for my swift.
It could be the GZ TF_69T. The EL 693 is a Illusion Audio product.

Quote:
i am only left with enough money for a 2 channel amp to drive the EL6.1compos and rely on the HU for the GZ693
I would suggest that you go with a basic 2-ch amp for now and it should do a fair job. Later when you have the money, give this amp away and get a better amp.

Quote:
Secondly would a 4 channel SONY amp be ok for driving the illusions and GZ( i know you guys on bhp dont advice it , but its the only cheaper option) - would this setup be a better option than a JBL or say kenwood 2 channel driving just compos
I would say the Sony does a good job when you compare the price at which you get it for. No harm in using the Sony with EL 6.1. Swale84 on the forum runs his Illusions off a Sony amp.
Old 9th December 2007, 02:15   #7376
BHPian

Quote:
hello all

After auditioning both speakers today at Boom i was really more than satisified.
however since this combination far exceeds what i was going to spend on JBL GTO607 ( B&W )and JBL 937 (grey); i am in a fix!

i had thought of a 4channel Kenwood KAC8401 or JBL CS60.4 for the above JBL combination-all 4 speakers, However since the new options(i.e the illusions and GZ) exceeds my budget i am only left with enough money for a 2 channel amp to drive the EL6.1compos and rely on the HU for the GZ693

Most importantly also advice on the following
A budget 2 channel AMP (approx 60rms/channel)

really looking forward to some sound advice from you guys

regaurds
Ali
it's better if you go for a GZ 4 channel amp, drive front illusions with it, and add a GZ sub in the rear instead of co-axs. i presume here that you would be driving yourself. get a HU which has a separate sub out, this will enable you to control bass volume. and you must increase your budget. this is the unsaid rule. once you increase the budget, your config will automatically fit in budget. :-)
Old 9th December 2007, 13:28   #7377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by montyguru View Post
it's better if you go for a GZ 4 channel amp, drive front illusions with it, and add a GZ sub in the rear instead of co-axs. i presume here that you would be driving yourself. get a HU which has a separate sub out, this will enable you to control bass volume. and you must increase your budget. this is the unsaid rule. once you increase the budget, your config will automatically fit in budget. :-)
hey Monty and Moral many thanks for your advice

Yes Moral the ground Zero speakers are actually the GZTF 690MK2

Monty
i will be soon posting the "TBHP effect " that took my budget from 10k to 18k to now 25k -
man! joining this forum is the most expensive thing ive done! well its also the best!!

guys , you have posted that i could buy a 2 channel amp for now and then later "give it away" and get a 4 channel
you mean give it away for free! well that pinches! do you guys no off a place that would actually offer to buy back used amps??
Old 9th December 2007, 22:50   #7378
BHPian

What warranty is lost cutting the Door Panel?

hi all,

If the door panels are cut to install a component speaker on a MDF Ring and made to protude - what sort of warranty is void?

What problems would I face by doing so?
Maruti Zen Estilo, so maruti Warranty.

Please explain in simple terms.
Old 10th December 2007, 00:13   #7379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i will be soon posting the "TBHP effect " that took my budget from 10k to 18k to now 25k -
man! joining this forum is the most expensive thing ive done! well its also the best!!
You should pay attention to the "sticky" threads then.

Quote:
guys , you have posted that i could buy a 2 channel amp for now and then later "give it away" and get a 4 channel
you mean give it away for free! well that pinches! do you guys no off a place that would actually offer to buy back used amps??
There is a market section for that.
Old 10th December 2007, 10:50   #7380
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
i had thought of a 4channel Kenwood KAC8401 or JBL CS60.4
enough money for a 2 channel amp
25K was your budget for Amp+ speakers right?

work it backwards...
either of the 4 ch. amps will cost you 7K...that leaves 18K for the speakers more than adequate for Illusions or JBL or GZ.

Most Viewed