Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2008, 13:45   #7561
Senior - BHPian

Thanks LBM & Souljah
Old 28th January 2008, 21:43   #7562

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
Hi & Welcome to T-BHP.

More details would help, like the exact amp's you are using.

Looks like you will need 4 gauge. You could draw a main 4 gauge line to a distribution box, then split with two 8 gauge wires.

Depends on the budget too.

Why the 3 farad cap, is it because your installer recommended it? I dont see the need, but let one of the vet's give their opinion.

Recommended Power and Ground Cable Sizes
Thanks for the replies. I have a system that I got from the US. These are the Components I got MTX TA4501, Cadence 6004, Audiobahn ACAP301Q capacitor, SWR-1241D alpine 12" sub, CDT component spekears for front and door fill co axial for the back, centerstage and upstage tweeters and a Pioneer AVIC Z1 head unit. Cap has distribution box on it.

Also can someone recommend a good installer in Chennai. is it worth getting a wiring kit from US or are good ones available here?

Thanks

Also
Old 29th January 2008, 00:30   #7563

Helpppp Pls...

Hey AudioGurus,
This is Rajiv here from Chennai, I am totally New to this.
Find below my details, and anything else you might need.

My Car: 2002 Dark Grey Hyundai Accent (4door Sedan)

Current Setup: Kenwood Cassette/FM Player with Pioneer Tweeters in front and some pretty huge Sony Explod speakers at the rear. (Not sure of the details, am willing to change this if Need be. I think they are the SONY Explod 6" x 9" )

Budget:
Max 15K(Including installation and stuff)

Kind of Music preference:
Trance, Hip Hop, Pop, Techno, Rave, anything with good beats and tune. Not Loud. Max I put the volume would be around 30 with windows closed and 40 with them Open. Clarity of sound and practicality of the music setup is what I am looking for.

I drive the car myself, generally in traffic, and sometimes on long drives on the NH.

Any other Features:
must Have iPod connectivity, USB connectivity, must play max no. of formats on all kinds of CD's (eg.MP3, AAC), Must reproduce sound as exact to the original as possible(One reason Im not going for Sony). Must have Remote. Am preferably looking for Alpine. Bass settings to be available to a certain extent. Shock proof, because I drive like a Maniac, over speed breakers and mud roads.(One more reason Sony is out of my list). Need Surround Sound in the car irrespective of Front or Back Seats.

Other Doubts:
I read on the forum that cost of Alpine is a lot costlier in Chennai then in Bangalore. If so, would it be better If I got them from Bangalore. I would be very grateful if u could let me know which Shop offers the best price for alpine. Since I would be going blindly for the setup you recommend me,, I also urge you to give me a brief quote of the prices for each part that you tell me. do I need front and back Speakers?. Do I need to change the current Sony back speakers I have?

Awaiting your responses eagerly.
Old 29th January 2008, 01:03   #7564
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlettaurus
Current Setup: Kenwood Cassette/FM Player with Pioneer Tweeters in front and some pretty huge Sony Explod speakers at the rear. (Not sure of the details, am willing to change this if Need be. I think they are the SONY Explod 6" x 9" )
The rears must be very average, but since you are on tight budget I suggest you still keep them. (I'm sure this will cause a lot of abuses to be hurled on me )

Do pay your last respects to the Pioneer tweets though.

Quote:
Max I put the volume would be around 30 with windows closed and 40 with them Open.
Not much information here. There are some players which have a maximum of 30 volume steps and others that have 100. So you're talking anywhere between 30 and 133% of the allowed volume steps.

Quote:
must Have iPod connectivity, USB connectivity, must play max no. of formats on all kinds of CD's (eg.MP3, AAC),
Most Pioneers would do this. Not sure about the AAC part though.

Quote:
Must reproduce sound as exact to the original as possible(One reason Im not going for Sony). Must have Remote. Am preferably looking for Alpine. Bass settings to be available to a certain extent. Shock proof, because I drive like a Maniac, over speed breakers and mud roads.(One more reason Sony is out of my list).
A basic Pioneer player should do the trick. An Alpine with all the required features (USB etc) would eat up too much of your budget. Get some good speakers instead.

Quote:
Need Surround Sound in the car irrespective of Front or Back Seats.
No offence, but stereo program material should be enjoyed in stereo. Surround is for multichannel source formats. You should ideally be able to listen to only the front speakers in their full glory when in either of the front seating positions. The rear 6x9s could help alleviate the lack of bass.

I suggest you get a Pio USB head unit for about 5-5.5k, a good pair of front comps for about 5-6k and a 2-channel amp (for the fronts only) + wiring for it for about another 4-5 k.
Old 29th January 2008, 01:35   #7565
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
I suggest you get a Pio USB head unit for about 5-5.5k, a good pair of front comps for about 5-6k and a 2-channel amp (for the fronts only) + wiring for it for about another 4-5 k.
Or a good second hand 4 channel amp, I hear there's some good deals to be had from Bangalore, check the marketplace section
Old 29th January 2008, 19:25   #7566
BHPian

Upgrading to components from my existing setup in my Fiesta below:

HU: Pioneer 6950
Front: Kicker Co-ax (forgot the model)
Rear: Kicker K693 Co-ax

I am planning on upgrading only the front to components along with a 4 channel amp since I really like the sound from the rear kickers.
Can these rears be used as a sub?
I don't listen to boomy music. I am more into classic rock, pop & prefer high treble & vocals.

I shortlisted Infinity, Polk & Alpine because only these are available in Hyderabad when I checked out at Sprocket.
Considering that the fiesta has a 5X7 size, I was told that range is limited but I am willing to spend for modifications to fit other speakers.

Amp, I was advised Alpine & Infinity.

Budget is around 25k.
Old 30th January 2008, 00:23   #7567
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexister View Post
Upgrading to components from my existing setup in my Fiesta below:

HU: Pioneer 6950
Front: Kicker Co-ax (forgot the model)
Rear: Kicker K693 Co-ax

I am planning on upgrading only the front to components along with a 4 channel amp since I really like the sound from the rear kickers.
Can these rears be used as a sub?
I don't listen to boomy music. I am more into classic rock, pop & prefer high treble & vocals.

I shortlisted Infinity, Polk & Alpine because only these are available in Hyderabad when I checked out at Sprocket.
Considering that the fiesta has a 5X7 size, I was told that range is limited but I am willing to spend for modifications to fit other speakers.

Amp, I was advised Alpine & Infinity.

Budget is around 25k.
Hey do let us know which comps u went for cause even i have a fiesta and want to add comp's in front, but im not sure cause the space in the front doors is really less then compared to other cars.
Old 31st January 2008, 09:56   #7568
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Hey do let us know which comps u went for cause even i have a fiesta and want to add comp's in front, but im not sure cause the space in the front doors is really less then compared to other cars.
The 5X7" speakers are direct fit in Fiesta / Fusion without any modifications.

Note from mod: Picture removed, Marketing is strictly prohibited

Last edited by tsk1979 : 31st January 2008 at 11:41.
Old 31st January 2008, 22:12   #7569
BHPian

I have decided to get the Hertz 5X7 but since they are out of stock in Hyderabad I have to wait for a while which I dont mind at all considering my budget & am really not in a rush.

Was thinking of getting the Alpine 9887 HU. Would that be worth it considering my music collection is more inclined towards Eagles, Oasis, Pink Floyd etc.?
Old 1st February 2008, 05:18   #7570
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autophile View Post

So what do suggest, which comps would fit in fiesta as in company wise??
Old 1st February 2008, 05:24   #7571
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autophile View Post

oh....sorry i forgot, do u think i should change the rear parcel tray as i have the original one right now n im thinking of having a new set of speakers in the rear also. so will the new tray help in producing good sound?
Old 1st February 2008, 11:33   #7572
Senior - BHPian

I think JBL also give 5x7 speaker.
Old 1st February 2008, 11:36   #7573
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
oh....sorry i forgot, do u think i should change the rear parcel tray as i have the original one right now n im thinking of having a new set of speakers in the rear also. so will the new tray help in producing good sound?
Ya go for at least half inch mdf on the rear deck. It will sure improve the sound but the sub woofer sound will be lost in the boot. To make the sound come in the cabin make a big hole in between the rear speakers.
Old 1st February 2008, 11:55   #7574
BHPian

Quote:
No need stick to the stock locations and stock tray in case of 4 speaker upgrade. Use 5X7" components in the front doors and 5X7" coaxials in the rear parcel tray.
Old 1st February 2008, 12:20   #7575
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexister View Post
I have decided to get the Hertz 5X7 but since they are out of stock in Hyderabad I have to wait for a while which I dont mind at all considering my budget & am really not in a rush.

Was thinking of getting the Alpine 9887 HU. Would that be worth it considering my music collection is more inclined towards Eagles, Oasis, Pink Floyd etc.?
Alpines would be sweet for rock music, you can just go ahead

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks