Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2013, 13:31   #12391
BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post

Anyway, I got what you suggested and after reading this, I placed order for JBL CS1215B for Rs.3347/-. I guess it is a very good deal.
Hi Mukesh;

Could you give me the link from where you placed the order. I couldn't get anything below 3740/-
Old 23rd December 2013, 13:42   #12392
Senior - BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkguy View Post
Hi Mukesh;

Could you give me the link from where you placed the order. I couldn't get anything below 3740/-
I am afraid, this might go off-topic. Sent you a PM for details.
mukeshgoel is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2013, 18:04   #12393
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Make sure you use plugs at the sub cable end, so that in the extreme case that you need to leave the sub out (too much luggage) you can disconnect and reconnect the sub easily.
Hi.

Can you suggest any plugs. Will something like this work?

http://www.ebay.in/itm/1X-Speaker-Ca...5871d0b32#shId

If not, please suggest me something available online. Thanks.
Old 24th December 2013, 20:47   #12394
BHPian

Hello guys, I have a very noob query:

Does enabling the 'Loud' function of the head unit causes any harm to car's speakers or HU in long run.

Loud function gives an extra punch and power and also increases the bass.
In my JVC KD X30, there is no adjustment level for Loud function like in some other Head Units I have seen levels ranging from 1 to 3 for Loudness.

My setup is without any amp or sub, just 2 co-axials in back and 2 in front.

Thanks.
Old 26th December 2013, 13:00   #12395
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
... Can you suggest any plugs. Will something like this work? ...
Yes, something like these. But, wait till you get the sub. Usually the installers will have plugs suitable for the connector mounted on the sub box. If there is no box (readymade box without sub), ask the installer to
* put a pair of sockets on the box with proper edge sealing
* connect the plugs to the sub cable and connect it to the sockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
... Does enabling the 'Loud' function of the head unit causes any harm to car's speakers or HU in long run. ...
No, it won't do any harm. But, please remember that Loud function is supposed to be used only at low volume (that is how it has been for the last 50 years). The Loud function increases the bass artificially below 150Hz or so, and that is why you feel more punch coming through.

In the interest of listening to the music the way it was intended to (as the recording guys engineered it), one should avoid artificially jacking up selective bands - other than those where the speakers have less capabilities. Since you have coaxes, you might need to jack up the low end (and perhaps the mid too, via the HU graphic equalizer). Don't increase treble - you will not like the effect. Also, don't use Loud function if you increase bass at the HU graphic equalizer (both have the same effect, but the graphic equalizer is settable).
DerAlte is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th December 2013, 17:11   #12396
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitksvs View Post
Friends,
Can you please suggest a good and VFM ICE for Honda Amaze base model i.e. S-MT. Wish to install a 4 speaker system with provision for adding up a reverse camerra and Navigation system in near future. A good sound quality is a must. I might be asking best of all the worlds...but thats what I wish to have. A touch screen interface would be icing on the cake. Gurus please suggest.
I am bumping up a question asked a while ago in the thread, as I have not found an answer/feed back from the Gurus, and as I have a related question

I am looking to upgrade the speakers - Any suggestions as to what would be good combination I can install in the current nacels provided ?

I have a VX AT with 4 speakers as it is 2 Rear shelf and 2 front doors.

Best Regards & Drive Safe

Ram
Old 31st December 2013, 11:31   #12397
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
... VX AT with 4 speakers as it is 2 Rear shelf and 2 front doors. ...
What matters more than what is recommended, is what is available near you conveniently. There are many makes and models of speakers - JBL, Infinity, Morel, Rainbow, Bull, Auditor, RF, DLS, Hertz etc. They differ in their sound signature - some are neutral sounding, some are bright (accentuated high frequencies).

The best course of action is to visit dealers and ask them to demo their speakers in your car. If they refuse to give an audition, move on to another dealer - that dealer is not worth buying from. If you are listening to familiar music, you will be able to judge whether you like the sound signature of that speaker or not.

Get a pair of components in the front, and a pair of 6x9 ovals at the back, in the interest of getting some decent bass. It is possible that the rear speakers on the parcel shelf are round, but the installer should be able to fix it by using an MDF adapter.
Old 31st December 2013, 11:41   #12398
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What matters more than what is recommended, is what is available near you conveniently. There are many makes and models of speakers - JBL, Infinity, Morel, Rainbow, Bull, Auditor, RF, DLS, Hertz etc. They differ in their sound signature - some are neutral sounding, some are bright (accentuated high frequencies).

The best course of action is to visit dealers and ask them to demo their speakers in your car.

Get a pair of components in the front, and a pair of 6x9 ovals at the back, in the interest of getting some decent bass. It is possible that the rear speakers on the parcel shelf are round, but the installer should be able to fix it by using an MDF adapter.
DA,

Thanks for your response.

Availability - no constraints, from where I am based. I think I would prefer neutral/natural sounding set

Dealer/Demo - I didn't quiet understand what you are sying here. Can you suggest (by PM if you prefer) any dealer in Bangalore who might do this for me (car is based in Bangalore)

Installer - again the same as above - any suggestion ? Agrre that the 6x9 are the ones for the rear, I think I do have ovals in the rear

Would be greatful for your resposnse/inputs.

Best Regards & Thanks

Ram
Old 31st December 2013, 12:10   #12399
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... Dealer/Demo - I didn't quiet understand what you are sying here. ...
Some dealers, especially the smaller ones, don't want to give a demo in the car.

There are a few trusted installers, who also sell speakers. Auto Fusion (Thouqeer), Top Gear (Anwar) and Sachin's Auto Shop - all in Koramangala. EVO (Satya) in Cambridge Layout in front of Ranka Apartments. There is one near the Football Stadium. Most dealers install for free, but usually their installers are not skilled enough to do a neat job - one is left with a few spare parts after the installation.
DerAlte is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2013, 13:07   #12400
BHPian

Guys need your much valuable advice. I'm wanting to upgrade the front speakers on my Duster RXL. Thinking about getting the Infinity - Reference 6500cx 6.5 inch Components. Getting a stellar deal on them. How would you guys rate these speakers? ( considering my music library is mostly deep house/ electronica).
Old 31st December 2013, 15:55   #12401
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkiplug View Post
Guys need your much valuable advice. I'm wanting to upgrade the front speakers on my Duster RXL. Thinking about getting the Infinity - Reference 6500cx 6.5 inch Components. Getting a stellar deal on them. How would you guys rate these speakers? ( considering my music library is mostly deep house/ electronica).
Deep House and Electronic music demands a subwoofer. The 6500s are good speakers but few if any 6.5" in a door will produce bass like a subwoofer. So if you are getting the 6500s at a good price go ahead and get them but for the music you enjoy you will need to supplement them with a subwoofer.
navin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2014, 14:29   #12402
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Deep House and Electronic music demands a subwoofer. The 6500s are good speakers but few if any 6.5" in a door will produce bass like a subwoofer. So if you are getting the 6500s at a good price go ahead and get them but for the music you enjoy you will need to supplement them with a subwoofer.
Cheers for the advice. However I have a slight glitch with regards to the subwoofer. The Duster's mainly used for its extensive boot space, which I do not want to compromise upon. Any other space, if any in the Car that you would recommend if I do go ahead with a woofer?
Old 1st January 2014, 15:02   #12403
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There are a few trusted installers, who also sell speakers. - all in Koramangala.
DA, Thanks for the info. Can you tell me if there are any reliable/trusted ones in North Bangalore, ORR around Hebbal etc.. I am based near Manyata Tech Park and anything beyond MG Road would be a major day expedition for me, hence the query ?

Best Regards & Drive Safe

Ram
Old 1st January 2014, 18:58   #12404
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
DA, Thanks for the info. Can you tell me if there are any reliable/trusted ones in North Bangalore, ORR around Hebbal etc.. I am based near Manyata Tech Park and anything beyond MG Road would be a major day expedition for me, hence the query ? Best Regards & Drive Safe Ram
Unfortunately none that I have heard of in the vicinity of ORR. There are many Accessories shops, but you won't get anything better than JBL, JVC, Pioneer, or even worse - Sony. For anything better, you have to go into the city. Saturday morning?
DerAlte is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2014, 15:18   #12405
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkiplug View Post
Any other space, if any in the Car that you would recommend if I do go ahead with a woofer?
Well you could try a small woofer under the seat (like shown in the link below) but do not expect the same quality or quantity of bass as you would get from a big 12" subwoofer.

http://www.focal.com/en/access-archi...052750645.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks