Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2014, 10:32   #12646
BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q

Just wanted to pick your mind for best bang for buck in terms of a 4 channel amp

Both of them available at ~18K hence asking

Focal - FPP 4100(75 watts RMS CEA-2006 x 4 at 4 ohm, 3 channel use with bass adjustment, Variable high- and low-pass filters (50-150 Hz, 12 dB/octave), 140 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms)
Infinity - Kappa Four

Or any other in this budget (keeping in mind the speaker & subwoofer setup range im gunning for)
Old 22nd August 2014, 13:41   #12647
Senior - BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav013 View Post
Just wanted to pick your mind for best bang for buck in terms of a 4 channel amp

Both of them available at ~18K hence asking ...
Check how far is their A.S.S. is from you. The dealer / installer won't be of much help when something goes wrong.
Old 22nd August 2014, 13:59   #12648
BHPian

Quote:

Focal - FPP 4100(75 watts RMS CEA-2006 x 4 at 4 ohm, 3 channel use with bass adjustment, Variable high- and low-pass filters (50-150 Hz, 12 dB/octave), 140 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms)
Infinity - Kappa Four

Or any other in this budget (keeping in mind the speaker & subwoofer setup range im gunning for)
Any one of them. If going for infinity then kappa four, for a balanced unibrand sound!
Old 22nd August 2014, 17:47   #12649
BHPian

Quote:
all have diff. music preferences but on a different note

I still have one week to finalize hence am still very open
I am not sure my reply will help you or not. Yes, I agree the music tastes are different for all, but if someone has putup a budget, I prefer getting the best (atleast a decent) in that range.

Any particular reason for 50K on the HU, If it is for a 2DIN, dont spend a lot on other components as the commercially available units are very bad in SQ. Another option is to use a decent 1DIN for audio and a simple tablet for the other requirements you expect from the 2DIN. If the allocation is for a 1DIN, I would say you need to have a better set of components / speakers to match
the chain (to max use the full potential of the HU) and that can increase the budget, few of the options are Clarion HX2/ Pioneer P99/ McIntosch / Eclipse (dont remember the model numbers). If you want to stick to the budget, following are some of the components which came to my mind (rear speakers are not counted, you can check if it is reqd, I wont suggest)

In the below list I have included a good list of amps and speakers (as per my knowledge and listening experience) that are VFM and expensive than whatever you had in your mind by using the 50K allocated for HU. I have included teh price of few from one of the recent install log from a friend.

Speakers:
Rainbow Special edition DL 6.2 Pro (Dreamline series midbass with CAL26 tweeters and modified Xover for CAL26) : ~23K
HAT Clarus C61-2 (check the availability)
DynAudio Esotec (if budget permits) : 45K
Also try focal's new Flax series

Amps:
Mosconi 100.4 / 120.4
Rainbow iPaul 4.300 : ~32K
Helix E 400 tube amp : ~32-35K
Celestra (if available)
Zapco 150.4 (+20k)

Rainbow Beat 1 :~18K (if you are using a good 4 channel amp no need for this, the second channel can be used for the sub by bridging it. Also if you plan for rear speakers you can use it as a filler for the main channels and can be run using your HU)

Sub:
Gladen RS12 : ~16K
Digital Designs LE M12 (ported sub, dont get fooled by the smaller foot print) can be run with the iPaul in bridged B channel. : ~18K (loaded in a ported enclosure)
Rainbow SL-S12 : ~16K

HU:
Pioneer 80PRS : ~20-25K
JVC (forgot the model)

Sourcing them is not at all a difficult task and if there is no distributor in your city you can get it shipped and get it installed locally, contact Gunbir / BBW / Motorheads.in. Also you dont have to worry about the "fake theory" or support if you get it from the official distributor channel. From the above small list itself you can get a far far good setup than the usual fanboys and very well within your budget.

@All, As pointed out, people have to comeout of the JBL/Infinity/Focal fever as there are a lot of better designers outside those companies. The above options are only a very few of the options and I am not sure about the other options available as I am not a dealer / distributor, better check with the corresponding vendors, YOU WILL DEFINITELY GET A BETTER DEAL...

Last edited by ::CMS:: : 22nd August 2014 at 17:58.
Old 22nd August 2014, 18:24   #12650
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::CMS:: View Post
... I am not sure about the other options available as I am not a dealer / distributor, ...
Hmmm even I wonder: If you are not a dealer / distributor, why are you so adamant in pushing? I am sure you haven't been miles near most of the equipment you seem to be so helpfully evangelizing about. There is a saying in Hindi "Buddhiman ko ishara kafi hota hai" - hope you understand that.
DerAlte is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2014, 18:30   #12651
BHPian

Quote:

@All, As pointed out, people have to comeout of the JBL/Infinity/Focal fever as there are a lot of better designers outside those companies. The above options are only a very few of the options and I am not sure about the other options available as I am not a dealer / distributor, better check with the corresponding vendors, YOU WILL DEFINITELY GET A BETTER DEAL...
I disagree, I mean for the budget he has, you wont get Rainbow Ipauls and Rainbow Components on the budget range of above 15000. And I think he has checked with good dealers and distributors. And he just gave a ballpark quote, not the final figures.
Old 23rd August 2014, 10:57   #12652
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilwearsprada View Post
I disagree, I mean for the budget he has, you wont get Rainbow Ipauls and Rainbow Components on the budget range of above 15000. And I think he has checked with good dealers and distributors. And he just gave a ballpark quote, not the final figures.
I am not sure what is your reason for thinking these are not within this budget, its very well within the budget and lot of better installations are being showcased with budget less than this. If the distributor \ dealer himself had published the selling price, then what is the confusion? I remember sometime back the iPaul 4.300 was available for ~25-27K too under some discount offer. The key is to get the well balanced components within the budget, both specwise and cost wise. There is no point in adding a very expensive equipment into a normal budget audio chain, it will be waste of money and you will not get the expected result from that component since the other components in the chain cannot perform well as the other one. Its the same while adding a normal equipment into a decent spec chain. Check other forums, you will get a hell lot of far better installation logs in this budget, I am talking based on that and recommending on my listening experience with few of them.

Let OP decide on what he want to spent, anybody who has money can spend any amount, its counted only when it is spend wisely and get the best out of it.

Last edited by Rehaan : 26th August 2014 at 18:41. Reason: Post edited. Please avoid name calling etc.
Old 23rd August 2014, 23:31   #12653
BHPian

Greetings everyone,

Need some help.
I wish to purchase Pyle PSBV200BT 300 Watt Bluetooth Soundbar with USB/SD/FM Radio and Wireless Remote from Amazon USA.
link
http://www.amazon.com/Pyle-PSBV200BT..._cd_ql_qh_dp_t

Peak output is 300 watt size 7.2 x 26 x 5.2 inches,15 pounds.
I like it as it is clutter free, and USB/ BT connectivity.
I intend to use it in a car using a car inverter with 110 output or a heavy duty laptop car charger of output 18v 2.5a (which are the out specs of adapter in the box, not sure of hot in the pin/ pin type and frequency)

I like life to be simple, connect with a smart phone and play.

I understand it will stress the battery, so may be disconnect autocop, present ICE and there is hardly anything else.

Now my questions are:

1)Is this project doable ?
2) Is the sound output ok for car use.
3)What are safe limit in terms of watts ( maximum output wattage) I can take out for a 35 A battery.
4)what should be the ideal min watt specs of car inverter for continuous play using 110v adapter from the box, or using a 220v adapter.
5) Laptop charger are also of similar output 18v 2.5a, and advice if I can use a good brand car laptop chargers for continuous play, also what should be the minimum wattage of these car laptop charger for continuous play.
6) Any tip with reference to safety.

Any advise will be appreciated.
Thanks.

examples of Car Inverter

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Car-Power-Inv...23e3cad&_uhb=1

http://www.ebay.in/itm/BELKIN-PC-ANY...sh=item4d223dc
Old 25th August 2014, 14:08   #12654
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Infinity - Kappa Four

Also you might be interested in - JL Audio - JX360/4.

http://www.snapdeal.com/product/jl-a...umbLabelId:311

Last edited by shamanth : 25th August 2014 at 14:09.
Old 25th August 2014, 14:15   #12655
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
http://www.snapdeal.com[/url]
Just a word of caution, you may not get the warranty for many car audio items that are bought from snapdeal, confirm it with the service centre or distributor before the deal. eg, Focal.

Last edited by ::CMS:: : 25th August 2014 at 14:17.
Old 25th August 2014, 23:28   #12656
BHPian

Quote:
Just a word of caution, you may not get the warranty for many car audio items that are bought from snapdeal, confirm it with the service centre or distributor before the deal. eg, Focal.
thanks, will keep that in mind
Old 27th August 2014, 13:46   #12657
Senior - BHPian

I am not sure if this is the correct thread to post a problem with my ICE setup in my Civic. I have a pioneer 8590 head unit, with a subwoofer. Here is the issue - on a long journey (say 30-40 mins or more) with volume level > 18, the sound from the front speakers suddenly goes off for a minute or two, and comes back again. This had happened a few times and I even took to Driven@Kailash, for a possible fix. fortunately, it never re-appeared again that time around. However, now I have encountered twice since the past 3 months. I was wondering what could be the reason for this strange behavior? The battery was changed just about 6 months ago.
Old 27th August 2014, 14:20   #12658
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
I am not sure if this is the correct thread to post a problem with my ICE setup in my Civic. I have a pioneer 8590 head unit, with a subwoofer. Here is the issue - on a long journey (say 30-40 mins or more) with volume level > 18, the sound from the front speakers suddenly goes off for a minute or two, and comes back again. This had happened a few times and I even took to Driven@Kailash, for a possible fix. fortunately, it never re-appeared again that time around. However, now I have encountered twice since the past 3 months. I was wondering what could be the reason for this strange behavior? The battery was changed just about 6 months ago.

If you can be a li'l more specific, as in, if amps are used for your speakers, and their ratings, it could help others get a better idea of what could possibly go wrong.
Old 27th August 2014, 14:20   #12659
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
the sound from the front speakers suddenly goes off for a minute or two, and comes back again
Since you have a sub, I assume you are using external amplifier(s).
- if not, then that would be the reason as the HU is not able to drive the connected load properly and the amp section is shutting down.

- If so, Are the front speakers powered by a separate amp? I dont suspect a loose contact as the direct reason, but a loose contact can lead to an amp shutdown also. If the connections are proper, either the amp is getting overheated due to the excessive load / environmental conditions or some internal component failure esp power supply caps.
Also check the + and - power points to the amp.

Last edited by ::CMS:: : 27th August 2014 at 14:22.
Old 27th August 2014, 14:28   #12660
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaypjayaraj View Post
If you can be a li'l more specific, as in, if amps are used for your speakers, and their ratings, it could help others get a better idea of what could possibly go wrong.
Quote:
Since you have a sub, I assume you are using external amplifier(s).
- if not, then that would be the reason as the HU is not able to drive the connected load properly and the amp section is shutting down....
Sorry, forgot to mention, I have the followings
- Pioneer 8590 unit
- Amplifier - Focal 4 way Solid 4
- Front speakers - Pioneer TS-D1720C
- Rear Speakers - RockFord Punch 6" p16
- Sub-Woofer (forgot the brand)

The rear speakers are powered from the pioneer unit, while the front components and sub-woofer are powered by the amp. yes, only one amp. Do you think it might be due to overloading on the single amp? I could add another amp, but if the sound quality remains the same, not worth the extra investment (as this particular issue didn't happen in most time)

Last edited by iTNerd : 27th August 2014 at 14:54.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks