Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2014, 20:29   #12706
BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q

Which speakers for my honda amaze vx ? I do not want to do any mods and just want to replace stock 4 speakers with better ones . No twteers etc . As I said just the stock 4 speakers . Thank you all for your time in advance .
Old 8th November 2014, 21:45   #12707
BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q

Hello Gurus

I recently got my Verna Fluidic ICE'd

Hu -Stock
Amplifier for speakers - JBL MS A1004
Speakers Front - JBL - GTO S649C
Rear speakers - JBL GTO 509c
Amplifier for woofer - JBL GT-X646
Woofer - JBL 1100W
All wiring and installation done by Saini Auto Anand for a clean install.

I want to stop my rear view mirror from vibrating when ICE plays.
Its a verna fluidic. The mirror has a screen in it so i am worried it anything goes wrong.
Is there a feasible solution?

Thank You
Old 9th November 2014, 10:12   #12708
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 197Horses View Post
... I want to stop my rear view mirror from vibrating when ICE plays. ...
Does the mirror vibrate with ICE off?

If not, looks like you are listening to the system really loud, and the system is not tuned well. If you have set the bass really high, bring it down a couple of notches. It should be tuned in a way that it's absence is detectable, but not it's presence. If you are bass lover, please understand that you are losing out other parts of the music if the bass unnaturally loud - that is when the IRVM vibrates.

The only other solutions are either replacing the IRVM unit, or dismantling it, applying thick heavy grease in the ball joint and mounting it back.
DerAlte is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2014, 17:41   #12709
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Does the mirror vibrate with ICE off?

If not, looks like you are listening to the system really loud, and the system is not tuned well. If you have set the bass really high, bring it down a couple of notches. It should be tuned in a way that it's absence is detectable, but not it's presence. If you are bass lover, please understand that you are losing out other parts of the music if the bass unnaturally loud - that is when the IRVM vibrates.

The only other solutions are either replacing the IRVM unit, or dismantling it, applying thick heavy grease in the ball joint and mounting it back.
Mirror does not vibrate when the music is off.
I will try removing it and applying grease to the joint.

Will it be sensible in applying a layer of damping material on the back side of the mirror? I mean if it absorbs sound then the mirror wont vibrate.
Old 9th November 2014, 21:14   #12710
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 197Horses View Post
... Will it be sensible in applying a layer of damping material on the back side of the mirror? I mean if it absorbs sound then the mirror wont vibrate.
No it doesn't work that way, since the whole mirror is vibrating. You have to damp the joint - the thick hard grease should do that.
Old 9th November 2014, 21:23   #12711
BHPian

Okay i will get it done at hyundai ASC for a proper removal and fitting.
Thank you DerAlte.
Old 18th November 2014, 00:06   #12712
Senior - BHPian

Hello Bhpians,

I am now upgrading the ICE of my Safari. I have a Pioneer HU. I am looking to upgrade to 6.5" components at front and co-ax at rear powered by a deccent 4 channel amplifier. I have googled and there seems tobe a alot of brands. I am confused now as to which is superior to which. Could anyone advice me if this setup would be good and what speakers should I look for. All I want is a decent basic but better than stock ICE with a little more bass. A few choices I narrowed down to :

1) hertz-dsk-1653-2-way components for 5K each (are these good? or better options for the price available)

2) Please suggest a good Amplifier and co-ax.

Thanks.
Old 18th November 2014, 15:38   #12713
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
... I am looking to upgrade to 6.5" components at front and co-ax at rear powered by a decent 4 channel amplifier. ...
You will need to use an MDF adapter (covered with carpet material) to replace the OE grill, to be able to fit 6.5" midbass / coax. The OE location is 5.25".

Quote:
... I have googled and there seems tobe a a lot of brands. I am confused now as to which is superior to which. ...
Please don't Google - go out and audition actual components, preferably in cars. And don't bother about 'superiority' - you may actually not like the so called 'superior' one. Different people like different sound signatures, and you have to listen to as many brands as practical to figure out your preference.

Quote:
... All I want is a decent basic but better than stock ICE with a little more bass. A few choices I narrowed down to : ...
Hertz DSK can be bright / shrill for many people (including me). Bright speakers can give you a bad headache.

Infinity Primus or Reference is neutral. So is JBL. Then there are others like Polk, Boston Acoustics, Bull, Auditor, Morel etc. etc. All are in the 5-7K range. If you are not able to find them in Indore, you may have to get it off Snapdeal etc. But then, *please* audition the speakers *even if* you have to travel to Mumbai or New Delhi!

Amplifier: Kenwood M846 or JBL X646

Coaxes: Same brand as front components

Last edited by DerAlte : 18th November 2014 at 15:40.
DerAlte is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2014, 20:39   #12714
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You will need to use an MDF adapter (covered with carpet material) to replace the OE grill, to be able to fit 6.5" midbass / coax. The OE location is 5.25".

Hertz DSK can be bright / shrill for many people (including me). Bright speakers can give you a bad headache.

Infinity Primus or Reference is neutral. So is JBL. Then there are others like Polk, Boston Acoustics, Bull, Auditor, Morel etc. etc. All are in the 5-7K range. If you are not able to find them in Indore, you may have to get it off Snapdeal etc. But then, *please* audition the speakers *even if* you have to travel to Mumbai or New Delhi!

Amplifier: Kenwood M846 or JBL X646

Coaxes: Same brand as front components
Thanks alot, you cleared out some webs in my mind. I am not much into modding so will go for 5 inchers. I will definitely test out the speaker first.

Which brand component speakers provide fairly deep bass as you pointed out the Hertz are bright?

Any good website where I could find some details on the technical terms of speaker and audio setups like speaker sensitivity etc.

Also, is there a difference between continuous and RMS power?

Thanks again.

Last edited by mercedised : 18th November 2014 at 20:41.
Old 19th November 2014, 14:06   #12715
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... Which brand component speakers provide fairly deep bass as you pointed out the Hertz are bright? ...
Bright is about high frequencies. Don't expect too much bass out of 5.25" midbass, though it will be better than the OE speakers

Quote:
... Any good website where I could find some details on the technical terms of speaker and audio setups like speaker sensitivity etc. ...
The best would be Crutchfield

Quote:
... Also, is there a difference between continuous and RMS power? ...
They are supposed to be the same, but there have been cases where 'Continuous' is a fudged figure - better look for 'RMS'. 'Music' power is a term that makes a mouse look like Dara Singh - ignore.
Old 21st November 2014, 13:35   #12716
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The best would be Crutchfield.
12volt.com and diymobileaudio.com are 2 other super resources.
navin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2014, 17:00   #12717
BHPian

I am confused on buying a new monoblock class d amplifier for verna fluidic.
The choices are
1.JBL MS-a5001
2.Infinity kappa one 1600w class d

Prices are roughtly the same for both , around 210 USD (i am sourcing it from US as it cheaper there).

Which amplifier will be the best in long term use and give the best output for powering two woofers.
Or is there any other amplifier in this price bucket which you suggest ?
Old 29th November 2014, 20:44   #12718
Senior - BHPian

I have JBL's GT-X333 HU running in my swift for the past 3 years. Lately I've been facing an issue with the HU mouth fitment. When I press any buttons on the HU the display goes off, USB stops working and it switches to FM. Also, during cold winter mornings the display acts weird and shows symbols instead of menu options.

Honestly, I think an HU costing 5k was to serve me this long only. Do I have a similarly priced practical HU that has sub-control along with USB, aux-in and SD card?

I'm no fan of 2-din HUs so any ideas what I should be looking at?

If its any help, I have a Rainbow Cyclone sub running with GTO 1004 amp and Morel's Maximo components in the front.

Having said all this, the issue with the HU seems to be in some connection somewhere, does the issue in first paragraph sound like its solvable? I mean if it is and I can simply get it repaired then why not.

Last edited by fine69 : 29th November 2014 at 20:45.
Old 30th November 2014, 19:56   #12719
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
... does the issue in first paragraph sound like its solvable? I mean if it is and I can simply get it repaired then why not.
Yes, it is loose contact. Please take it to a JBL Service Center.
Old 1st December 2014, 12:26   #12720
BHPian

What is the safe or permissible voltage range for the AUX input in our cars?
I checked in my car and it showing around 2.5 V.

I have done a experiment on the Punto OEM HU (Delphi music system) to have AUX input along with blue & me and it's working .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks