Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2016, 18:49   #13171

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

Hi Guys,

I am looking for a replacement for the stock speakers in my Ertiga CNG. I was fairly satisfied with the stock speakers but since I will be using the car regularly now I think I need to upgrade.

I was looking at just adding a Woofer n Amp since that is what I was missing the most in my audio experience but with the CNG tank the remaining boot space will be compromised.

Considering this which speakers can give a good bass output? I don't intend to change the HU and my budget is 20K.

Request your suggestions/advice...
Old 19th April 2016, 21:36   #13172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post
Thanks very much. Just to make sure again, these are the items in the box thats available on snapdeal right? I am asking again as the photos on snap deal shows only mid-range speakers.

What cable did you use?

Girish
The photos on the snapdeal site might not be comprehensive, but no manufacturer sells only the mid range speakers of a component set. So irrespective of what pictures are being displayed if the model name is correct then it should contain the full set.
Wires play a crucial role in delivering optimal sound quality, any reputed installer will use quality speaker wires. I had to change the wires when I upgraded the amplifier and used Scosche speaker wires.
Mashblue is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2016, 17:24   #13173
Senior - BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

Hey guys,

I just got the following stuff installed.

1. Blaupunkt New Jersey 220BT head unit.
2. JL Audio TR-650 CSi components in the front.
3. Rockford Fosgate Punch P1675 coaxials at the rear.

Now, I was thinking of getting these as the next stage upgrades. Please advice if it's the right way to go and also suggestions of brands most welcome.

1. Amplifier with damping sheets. These I was thinking of as the very next step.
2. Sub-woofer/bass tube. This will be later as I'm already getting good bass with the new speakers but I know I will want this. Will I need a mono block with this or will the 4 channel be enough?
3. Head unit upgrade to the Pioneer 779BT or maybe one of their touch screens. This will be last.
Old 21st April 2016, 18:06   #13174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
Hey guys,

I just got the following stuff installed.

1. Blaupunkt New Jersey 220BT head unit.
2. JL Audio TR-650 CSi components in the front.
3. Rockford Fosgate Punch P1675 coaxials at the rear.

Now, I was thinking of getting these as the next stage upgrades. Please advice if it's the right way to go and also suggestions of brands most welcome.

1. Amplifier with damping sheets. These I was thinking of as the very next step.
2. Sub-woofer/bass tube. This will be later as I'm already getting good bass with the new speakers but I know I will want this. Will I need a mono block with this or will the 4 channel be enough?
3. Head unit upgrade to the Pioneer 779BT or maybe one of their touch screens. This will be last.
Hi, My suggestion- go to a good installer after you understand your requirements- what sort of music, how much bass etc. A good installer is one who recommends a product based on your requirement and budget and doesn't try to push brands for the sake of it. Finally, spend well and get a good job done which prevents you from being affected by "upgraditis". This is a syndrome that's very harmful to your pocket and will leave you perpetually unhappy 😀. Once I got the work I liked done by Aman in Motor Concept, I'm no longer subject to that syndrome. I'll leave my number in your PM. Please call me if still in doubt
HighwayofLife is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2016, 12:38   #13175
BHPian

Can someone please suggest a good installer in Ludhiana/Jalandhar/Amritsar/Chandigarh? Preference also in this particular order.
Has anyone installed/reviewed Pioneer AVH-X1890 DVD? Is it a good option at 18k mrp. What else should I consider in this price range?
Old 22nd April 2016, 13:39   #13176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftagain View Post
Can someone please suggest a good installer in Ludhiana/Jalandhar/Amritsar/Chandigarh? Preference also in this particular order.
Has anyone installed/reviewed Pioneer AVH-X1890 DVD? Is it a good option at 18k mrp. What else should I consider in this price range?
My suggestion would be that you head to Delhi for the weekend. In my experience, Delhi has among the best installers in the country and isn't too far away for you either. Also, these installers have a choice of great brands (Rainbow, Flux Audio etc) at good prices, which you cannot find in smaller towns, and even in some places like Chennai or Bangalore. Would suggest Motor Concept or Driven in that order of preference. Make sure you take an appointment in advance however
Old 22nd April 2016, 14:01   #13177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighwayofLife View Post
My suggestion would be that you head to Delhi for the weekend. In my experience, Delhi has among the best installers in the country and isn't too far away for you either. Also, these installers have a choice of great brands (Rainbow, Flux Audio etc) at good prices, which you cannot find in smaller towns, and even in some places like Chennai or Bangalore. Would suggest Motor Concept or Driven in that order of preference. Make sure you take an appointment in advance however
I am planning to install Pioneer AVIC-F80BT with Morel Maximo components in front and Rockford Prime components. Can you please tell me where exactly is Motor Concept / Driven?
Old 22nd April 2016, 15:01   #13178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya79india View Post
I am planning to install Pioneer AVIC-F80BT with Morel Maximo components in front and Rockford Prime components. Can you please tell me where exactly is Motor Concept / Driven?
If you do a Google search for Motor Concept it will give you the directions.
Address - J1, Kailash Park, Opp Metro Pillar No. 330, Kirti Nagar, New Delhi, Delhi 110015
Old 22nd April 2016, 15:31   #13179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky_1605 View Post
Address - J1, Kailash Park, Opp Metro Pillar No. 330, Kirti Nagar, New Delhi, Delhi 110015
Driven is in East of Kailash, near Kailash Colony Metro Station, opposite to Pillar No. 85. The main difference is the way the shops are laid out. Driven does the installs in the open area before the shop, whereas Motor Concept is like a garage, with a large enclosed shed where the work is done. While both are equally good, I lean more towards Motor Concept, because I like Aman's customer service and strict adherence to budget
Old 22nd April 2016, 19:27   #13180

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaap View Post
Hi Guys,

I am looking for a replacement for the stock speakers in my Ertiga CNG. .......... Request your suggestions/advice...
Hi,

Considering your constraints, I would suggest you to drop the idea of Sub and amp. Instead, go for components in the front and 9x6 ovals on an mdf tray at the back.

The ovals will take care of the bass and components of SQ. 20k is good budget to replace 4 stock speakers with these.

As all gurus say, try and have an audition before you make the purchase to know which brand suits you the best.

Good luck.
5hadow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2016, 21:10   #13181
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky_1605 View Post
Quote:
Driven is in East of Kailash, near Kailash Colony Metro Station, opposite to Pillar No. 85. The main difference is the way the shops are laid out. Driven does the installs in the open area before the shop, whereas Motor Concept is like a garage, with a large enclosed shed where the work is done. While both are equally good, I lean more towards Motor Concept, because I like Aman's customer service and strict adherence to budget
Thanks.

I wish to retain the USB and aux ports in my Baleno. It's a very neat arrangement by Maruti. The problem is that the pin design of the ports cannot be interfaced with any aftermarket HU , without splicing the wires. Is anyone aware of any intermediate cable available in the market to interface the HU USB and aux cables with the stock USB/Aux port used by Maruti?

I searched the net exhaustively but the closest solution I came across was a replacement USB/Aux power on Amazon /Ebay US. Problem is that they don't ship to India. Routing it through cross border shipping sites is prohibitively expensive! I need 2 of these.

http://http://m.ebay.com/itm/201566014713

Guru log, please help!
Old 22nd April 2016, 21:56   #13182
BHPian

Quote:
Planning to do install in Delhi would delay the things and would hurt the budget as well (travel plus stay)

I have heard about 2 dealers in Ludhiana : One is AudioSymPro and another is Sikand Auto in Model town. Anyone has any opinion about them.

Last edited by driftagain : 22nd April 2016 at 21:59.
Old 23rd April 2016, 14:03   #13183
BHPian

Hello, I am looking for an aftermarket USB/Aux port to connect to the head unit. Something like the on in the attachment. But it's only available online & not shipped to India. Has someone seen anything like this in the local market? Please help.
Attached Thumbnails
Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!-_3.jpg  

Old 5th May 2016, 16:25   #13184
BHPian

Gurus, can you please give your views on the 5 channel amp - Rockford Fosgate Prime R600X5? I saw huge price drop in Flipkart (>50%), specs sound good and its all in one package.
Looking for upgrading my S cross 1.6 alpha audio. I dont want to waste too much of space and want to make the install as easy as possible, so thought about 5 channel amp to be the right to go for.
Old 7th May 2016, 06:07   #13185
BHPian

I went to Motominds in Madhapur , Hyderabad to enquire about accessories for Creta and I enquired about Sony 650 BT Head Unit, He suggested Head Unit with JBL 63SI 300W two way speakers(set of 4) - total cost Rs. 22000 (15500 HU + 6500 Speakers) , along with Reverse parking sensors and Camera Kit which is compatible to view in Sony 6 inch HU, which is around Rs. 4500. Please let me know if this deal s OK.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks