Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2016, 16:05   #13261
Senior - BHPian

Speakers for Alto K10

For Alto K10, have couple of queries regarding speakers :

1. Where is the space for front speakers (Dashboard or front door )?
2. What is the size (diameter and depth) of this space ? Can it take 6 inch speakers ?
3. Can parcel tray handle two 6x9 speakers ?

Music choice : Bollywood, Vocals and Easy Listening. A system that can highlight vocals and instruments like guitar, flute would be awesome.

Thinking of this setup :

Head Unit : MVH-289BT (Pioneer)
6x9 : TS-6965V2 (Pioneer)
Front : TS-G425 (Pioneer)
Old 25th September 2016, 13:49   #13262
BHPian

My friend had this amp and sub woofer setup on his Swift. He's got the Swift for sale and wants to sell this separately. It didnt sound anything impressive in his car. I would like experts to say if these are any good.

He says they cost 10k each. I want to know if these will match to give me good fidelity. The woof is powerful but I'm interested in quality actually. So?
Attached Thumbnails
Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!-1474791409824.jpg  

Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!-1474791429520.jpg  

Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!-1474791443549.jpg  

Last edited by pixantz : 25th September 2016 at 13:53.
Old 25th September 2016, 16:38   #13263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydj View Post
Get a pair of components for front doors. Rainbow or Morel. In Rainbow DL series should be fine.

You going to use stock HU or aftermarket. If stock then get good high low converters else quality will suffer.

Get good quality wiring done as this will have an impact.

For EDM woofer is must - I have ID Max series and it is going strong for 7 years.

Amplifier would be needed - try Digital Dynamics or Kenwood series.

Lastly damping in front two doors and boot space is must. Else car will rattle badly.

No need for speakers in back doors.
Agree on Rainbow DL. I've found Morel a bit weaker in general. Would however suggest a pair of Rainbow DL coaxials in rear door to provide fill. In addition, Pioneer has brought out a superb range of 2 DIN HUs with Time Alignment and other features. Go for one of these

Get a 4 channel Amp. Front speakers would be driven off front two channels. Rear channels can be bridged to drive the Sub, and the rear door speakers can be driven off the HU.

This set up might raise you budget slightly, but guarantees satisfaction. And the way I see it- spend well once and don't upgrade after that. It's what I've always done

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixantz View Post
My friend had this amp and sub woofer setup on his Swift. He's got the Swift for sale and wants to sell this separately. It didnt sound anything impressive in his car. I would like experts to say if these are any good.

He says they cost 10k each. I want to know if these will match to give me good fidelity. The woof is powerful but I'm interested in quality actually. So?
Ground Zero is a decent brand. However, your decision to buy depends on what you already have in your car and how it matches with that set up. People generally buy stuff without thinking about compatibility, and that leads to frequent changes, upgrade and unnecessary expenditure.

Last edited by Samurai : 13th October 2016 at 15:22. Reason: back-to-back
Old 25th September 2016, 18:58   #13264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighwayofLife View Post
Ground Zero is a decent brand. However, your decision to buy depends on what you already have in your car and how it matches with that set up. People generally buy stuff without thinking about compatibility, and that leads to frequent changes, upgrade and unnecessary expenditure.
I want to put this in a Santro which has a Sony CD Player with two 4-inch JBL speakers in front and two JBL oval speakers at the back. The player has dedicated out for sub-woofer. Don't know the model numbers of all of these guys though.

I just need a sub to take care of my Lows and fill up the car.
Old 25th September 2016, 22:11   #13265
Senior - BHPian

Re: Speakers for Alto K10

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
For Alto K10, have couple of queries regarding speakers :
Front : TS-G425 (Pioneer)
Found out that new Alto K10 has 6 inch space in front door for speakers (older Alto had space for 4 inch speakers on dashboard).

Now, plan for front speakers changes to : CX-26SI (JBL)

Overall config:

Head Unit MVH-289BT (Pioneer)
6x9 : TS-6965V2 (Pioneer)
Front : CX-26SI (JBL)

Any review/opinion on TS-6965V2 or CX-26SI?
Old 27th September 2016, 00:04   #13266
BHPian

Quote:
I want to put this in a Santro which has a Sony CD Player with two 4-inch JBL speakers in front and two JBL oval speakers at the back. The player has dedicated out for sub-woofer. Don't know the model numbers of all of these guys though.

I just need a sub to take care of my Lows and fill up the car.
Would suggest that you use the money to put in decent components in front by replacing the JBLs. You'll achieve most of what you're looking for with that. Hertz ESK series components are great for this, and you'll even have money left for a fairly decent 4-channel amp. You may not even feel the need for a sub. But if you do, an Infinity 10" sub should do the trick.

Config- components driven by front channels of amp, sub driven by rear channels bridged, and rear ovals driven direct from HU
Old 27th September 2016, 00:58   #13267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighwayofLife View Post
Would suggest that you use the money to put in decent components in front by replacing the JBLs. You'll achieve most of what you're looking for with that. Hertz ESK series components are great for this, and you'll even have money left for a fairly decent 4-channel amp. You may not even feel the need for a sub. But if you do, an Infinity 10" sub should do the trick.

Config- components driven by front channels of amp, sub driven by rear channels bridged, and rear ovals driven direct from HU
Thanx for theinput. I'll keep that in mind.
Old 27th September 2016, 11:43   #13268
Senior - BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

Quote:

Someone asking 10K each for this equipment is certainly not a friend
this combo would have cost 15K or so new (+ wiring, labour etc) so 10K each is certainly a ripoff. 4 channel amps are usually available for around half the price, and if you can't get a good deal on a used sub, its okay to splurge for something new - 10K should give you plenty of options for new!
Old 27th September 2016, 12:20   #13269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
Someone asking 10K each for this equipment is certainly not a friend
this combo would have cost 15K or so new (+ wiring, labour etc) so 10K each is certainly a ripoff. 4 channel amps are usually available for around half the price, and if you can't get a good deal on a used sub, its okay to splurge for something new - 10K should give you plenty of options for new!
He's not selling at 10k, he claims to have bought it for 10k each. He's selling both together foe 10k.

But I figured that I'd get a new JBL sub and amp for 10k and I'd be more assured of the sound quality that way too. But I also wondered that if these two were really 10k each mrp, then there was a chance they were one up on quality from jbl too. So the question to the gurus arose.
Old 27th September 2016, 12:49   #13270
Senior - BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

Quote:
He's not selling at 10k, he claims to have bought it for 10k each. He's selling both together foe 10k.

But I figured that I'd get a new JBL sub and amp for 10k and I'd be more assured of the sound quality that way too. But I also wondered that if these two were really 10k each mrp, then there was a chance they were one up on quality from jbl too. So the question to the gurus arose.
10K combined is a reasonable price - Try to get the wiring kit out of his car (RCA's, power wiring bits) then you would have to spend only on the labour for installing in your car
they should sound as good, if not better than new JBL kit you can get for the price.

MRP wise - search online. .you'll see the sub selling for 6.something, and the amp going for 7.something. add 2k for a box, you have what that setup would have cost new
greenhorn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2016, 17:10   #13271
BHPian

Hello BHPians,

Need your opinion.

I have a Vento that is running with stock speakers and RCD 510 head unit. I am planning to upgrade the speakers now and have thought of following two options. Main objective is to be within the warranty territory without wire cutting and at the same time have a better sounding set up.

1) Focal integration IC/IS 165 VW, components for front and co axials for rear. Advantage is these focals come as plug and play system. However i am not sure if i can have external amplifier as plug and play. So this setup is just with head unit. My concern is that built in amplifier in head unit is rated at 4x20 W. So without an external amplifier will this result in improved SQ?

2) JBL Car stage system. Again this is plug and play with dedicated connectors. This has 8 channel amplifier with the option of connecting a sub. I am not planning for sub now. Looking at the speaker specs, this seem to be better than Focal on paper and so inclined towards this.

So my questions are,

1) which set up to go for?
2) Will focals without external amplifier out sound JBL carstage speakers?
3) Is there any VW/Vento owners with either of the setup and can provide feedback?

Thanks.
Old 4th October 2016, 00:09   #13272
Senior - BHPian

Hi All,
Back on the ICE forum after a long time. Recently bought a Hyundai Elite i20 and planning to upgrade the ICE. My plan is to get a 4 channel amplifier first. I have my old Subwoofer (Rockford Fosgate Punch) and will bridge two channels to run the Sub. Initial plan is to use the existing speakers of the car. Later will probably change the speakers to Morel Maximos.
Now, I am bit confused about the amplifier to use here. I had Focal Solid 4 Amp before and I liked the sound quality of that. Con was that it used to cut off at times and that was very irritating experience. I am not sure if it was a common issue with Focal Solid 4 amps. Why I'm talking about Solid 4 is that here in a shop I've found a brand new Focal Solid 4 amp. It's from an old batch as afaik Focal Solid 4 is out of sales (am I right here?). Was wondering if I could go for this amplifier? Will there be any warranty on such products? And is that cut-off issue was a common problem across Solid 4's?
If not Focal Solid 4 then what other amplifiers should I look into? I saw Inifinity Kappa 4 on Snapdeal for around 15k+ couple of days back. Is it genuine product? How is Kappa 4 compared to Solid 4? Another advantage of Solid 4 is the ability to take Speaker level inputs as i20 AVN doesn't have any pre-outs.
Budget is 15k for the amp and have separate budget for wiring etc.
Please help me out here as I'm not able to decide on anything at all.
Thanks,
Old 20th October 2016, 19:16   #13273
Distinguished - BHPian

Question regarding Sub-woofers:

What is the recommended frequency range for a sub-woofer, for regular music
( Slightly older Hindi / Classsic Rock / Hindustani ) ?

I see different sub's have different ranges
28 - 175
30 - 250
50 - 500
etc
(numbers are approx)

I dont listen much to metal or high-bass stuff or shrill music.

Am looking to get clear output across the range.

2) Sealed or ported box for the above type of music ?
Old 20th October 2016, 21:47   #13274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post

For the genre of music you mention there will not be much in the range below 150Hz. If I were you I would ditch the sub and invest on a good pair of component speakers (like Morel or Rainbow) plus sound damping. But if a sub is desired, Lowpass around 150 Hz will be nice.
Clear output or for pure sound quality sealed box is the way to go.
P.S: Info on other equipment you are running(Headunit/Amp/speaker) will be helpful.
Mashblue is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2016, 22:13   #13275
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post

I see different sub's have different ranges
28 - 175
30 - 250
50 - 500
etc
(numbers are approx)

unless you have a car with ONLY 4" speakers, a sub has no business north of 100-120 hertz. anything that can't go down below 50 hz is not worthy of being called a proper sub. a budget sub should be able to do at least 38hz, a mid range one should do about 30, and a good one should do 20
greenhorn is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks