Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2005, 10:45   #121
Team-BHP Support

although i have not heard the pioneers i would switch them for alpine SPR17LP. also make sure the Q logic box can fit in the swift. the Q logic box, drivers and amp will cost you about $400.

I would also consider the following options for the sub
this is about $300
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-VxlgULg...0&I=108BASSLIN
it uses little space 14-1/2"W x 13-3/8"H x 9-7/8"D (vertical mount); 14-1/2"W x 9-1/2"H x 15-3/16"D (horizontal mount)

if you want to utillsie the whole trunk of the Swift this could also work but it is $100 more than your choice
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-VxlgULg...00&I=108BASSLT

or 2 of Audiobahn ATB10AT or Bazooka BTA10100

the reason i prefer powered sub is that the amplifer is designed to work in that narrow range.

as far as your HU goes...i guess you have seen this....you have made a good choice.
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-VxlgULg...s&i=500CDA9847
Old 19th July 2005, 11:24   #122
Senior - BHPian

In my Palio, I have a sony setup. MP3 head unit and sony ovals in the rear powered by Sony 222 Amp. In the front I have 5" pioneers.

For the last few months, there is lots of buzzing sound from the rear speakers. I fitted them directly on the tray shipped with the car. The buzzing increases when i acclerate or driving through a rough patch. The amount of buzzing differs from time to time. Sometimes, there is no buzzing at all.

Last weekend when i checked with an accessories shop guy, he said some condesnser has to be installed behind the head unit to stop the buzzing. Help me please.
Old 19th July 2005, 14:22   #123
Team-BHP Support

does the buzzing only come when your car is in motion what if your car is idling and your rev the car? does it change in pitch as you rev the car?

most likely you got a ground loop. the power wires from teh battery to your amp and the RCA wires from the HU to your amp are running close to each other. if your amp is in the back a good idea is to use one side of the car for power cables and the other side for RCA.

it is better to tackle the source of the problem than an quick fix. look at your wires first.

Last edited by navin : 19th July 2005 at 14:24.
Old 19th July 2005, 15:37   #124
BANNED

hi, satish is your car is deisal.you should put your amp on wooden patiya.and check out erthing place in your car,that will solve your problem.
Old 20th July 2005, 13:57   #125

is there any way of using iPod with Pioneer DEH-2750MP that I already have in my car?
Please advise.
Old 20th July 2005, 14:13   #126
BANNED

Nope

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasygreat
is there any way of using iPod with Pioneer DEH-2750MP that I already have in my car?
Please advise.

Nope..2750MP (entry level Mp3 single cd player from Pioneer) does not have ipod connectivity..
Old 20th July 2005, 14:48   #127
BANNED

the only way you can connect your i-pod AUDIO FM TRANCEMETER
Old 20th July 2005, 15:21   #128

cartouch 56
That is a good idea. Thanks fr the help.
Audio FM transmitter doesnt cost much too.
Old 20th July 2005, 18:10   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
does the buzzing only come when your car is in motion what if your car is idling and your rev the car? does it change in pitch as you rev the car?

most likely you got a ground loop. the power wires from teh battery to your amp and the RCA wires from the HU to your amp are running close to each other. if your amp is in the back a good idea is to use one side of the car for power cables and the other side for RCA.

it is better to tackle the source of the problem than an quick fix. look at your wires first.
Yes, the buzzing is there when the car is in idle, but comparatively less to when moving. The buzz is more at certain engine RPM. The sound grew louder and louder over a period of time. Now I almost stopped using the audio. Probably replacing the trunk tray with a MDF board will help.

The amp is fitted in the front below the glovebox.

I don't know of any good people in Hyderabad who work on car audio. I am not sure the car accessories shops will entertain these jobs as long as i am not buying any stuff from them.
Old 20th July 2005, 23:18   #130
BHPian

Hi guys..wanna know - I am buying Kicker KS 5.2 Components for the New Honda City for Front sound,and KS6.2 Components for rear..
Well,please advise whether I should get an 8 inch/10inch or 12 inch sub??..I wanna fit in the the rear deck itself,and not as a box in the trunk..
Also,please suggest RMS peak and whether single/dual coil sub I should go in for..I prefer Kicker sub..how's CVR10 for my speaker set up?
I am not planning to buy a separate mono block amp for the sub..only a 4 channel amp for the component speakers.

Thanks,
Suraj
Old 21st July 2005, 10:00   #131
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_appasani
Yes, the buzzing is there when the car is in idle, but comparatively less to when moving. The buzz is more at certain engine RPM. The sound grew louder and louder over a period of time. Now I almost stopped using the audio. Probably replacing the trunk tray with a MDF board will help.

The amp is fitted in the front below the glovebox.

I don't know of any good people in Hyderabad who work on car audio. I am not sure the car accessories shops will entertain these jobs as long as i am not buying any stuff from them.
the amp is below the glove box. that is what is buzzing. move it.

ok one way to find out. idle the car. rev it till the buzzzing is most noticebale. ask a friend to touch the body of the amp and clamp it againt the glove box. if the buzzing stops you found the source.

let us know if theis works. we will help you one step at a time. Sam (who i've annointed as my mentor) is out on tour right now but when he gets back he will sure have some nice practical suggestions. till then we'll take this one step at a time.
Old 21st July 2005, 12:17   #132
BANNED

hi,suraj

hi,suraj
if you want to put sub and do'nt want put mono amp,then go for kicker c12 sub,it has 150 RMS.and if you can extend your budget put sony 2 ch amp for woffer.

car touch,
kirit
Old 22nd July 2005, 01:41   #133
Senior - BHPian

I think we are deviating topic too much on this thread. Wasnt this about an ideal audio system???
Off late the buzz word for this topic is "BUZZING"
Old 22nd July 2005, 10:02   #134
Team-BHP Support

aseem there is no ideal audio system. it does not exist. sorry if i burst your bubble.

you can have a good sound system and if you try really hard maybe a very good sound system. I have still to hear a system (in a stock car that is used as a regualr car) I would call excellent leave alone ideal.

think of it how many of us care to have a system in car that only shows up at "sound-outs" or "competition". Those are for manufacturers showing what can be done.

However given the above limitations i guess a good system can be had using the follow:
HU with 3 sets of 4V pre out
1 40W rms/ch 4 channel amplfier
1 pair of components for the front
1 pair of 2 way coax in the rear (can be replaced with components if requried)
1 or 2 active subs 8"-12" for music between 30Hz and 80Hz.
Good wires for Power and RCA
Sound damping for the doors, trunk, etc.

such a system can be installed in a B+ to C+ segment car still leaving space for a large bag in the trunk.
Old 22nd July 2005, 11:25   #135
Distinguished - BHPian

I'm back

Hello Everyone, Hi Navin, Hi Vivek

I'm back. Just arrived last night. Singapore is WET. I thought i was back in Mumbai. Like ekdum solid rain. Atleast it wasnt hot. & it was a successful trip too.

So, a lot of discussions while i was gone huh?

I noticed a sony 222 problem. I've seen that before, needs a "ground loop isolator" you get a few in the market.
Aseem, Navin's right. An ideal audio system is like the ideal Dal Chawal. My moms will always be better, for me.
The fun thing about personal taste, is that it'spersonal. A 10000/- audio system with the right music to suit you, can sound a 100 times better than a complex car audio system thats loaded with brands and stuff.

So i'm here now, till the 31st. And I must add, it's wonderful to be able to read the stuff in this forum again.

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks