Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2019, 14:17   #13816
BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

Hi

Installed Infinity Kappa Components on the front wired from a Focal Auditor 4230, the speakers sound really bright and trebley.

Is there a breakin period? Or can I swap the amp for better sound. I am looking for something thats not ear jarring.

Thanks.
Old 29th January 2019, 17:42   #13817
Senior - BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

Planning to replace the 12 year old trusty Kenwood inside the Mitsubishi Cedia with something that support Bluetooth. (There is no aux input as well in Kenwood).

I do not want to spend much (say about 3000 is more than ideal) and expecting the same output from the new setup as the old one). No change of any of the four speakers intended.

I see Nippon NMM 300BT is the closest option but there are just two reviews on Amazon.
What are people buying in this price range?
Old 31st January 2019, 11:07   #13818
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Planning to replace the 12 year old trusty Kenwood inside the Mitsubishi Cedia with something that support Bluetooth. (There is no aux input as well in Kenwood).

I do not want to spend much (say about 3000 is more than ideal) and expecting the same output from the new setup as the old one). No change of any of the four speakers intended.

I see Nippon NMM 300BT is the closest option but there are just two reviews on Amazon.
What are people buying in this price range?

From what I know - HU with an integrated Bluetooth in the sub-3000 price range is dominated by un-branded chinese players with questionable reliability.

If you're ok with a bit of jugaad - Blaupunkt / Sony / Pioneer have a few non-Bluetooth HUs in the 2.4-3k range. Since all of them come with an Aux-in port, you just need to attach an additional bluetooth-to-aux dongle (Rs. 100-150) for BT connectivity and you're set.

Last edited by sidpunjabi : 31st January 2019 at 11:15.
Old 31st January 2019, 14:00   #13819
BHPian

Fellow audio gurus, i have a problem in my audio setup and would seek your guidance. The problem has been tried at both Sachin's autoshop(installer) and EVO Bangalore.
Car is the new plush XUV500. The configuration is:
1)Rockford Fosgate punch component speakers both at the front and rear.
2)A Rockford Fosgate subwoofer(lifted from another XUV where it was working perfectly) and 1 amplifier.
Issue: Outside noise creeps in the speakers and a general hum/hiss is prevalent intermittently. The noises max out when the car equalizer is maxed out. At max car equalizer settings, even the operating noise of electric car seat gets picked up or amplified by the speakers.
What the guys at both the workshop did:
Changed the wiring, substituted the amplifier with another one. Didn't solve the issue at hand. Please do let me know if you need more information and do help a noob out.
Old 31st January 2019, 16:00   #13820
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailBlazer007 View Post
Fellow audio gurus, i have a problem in my audio setup and would seek your guidance. The problem has been tried at both Sachin's autoshop(installer) and EVO Bangalore.
Car is the new plush XUV500. The configuration is:
1)Rockford Fosgate punch component speakers both at the front and rear.
2)A Rockford Fosgate subwoofer(lifted from another XUV where it was working perfectly) and 1 amplifier.
Issue: Outside noise creeps in the speakers and a general hum/hiss is prevalent intermittently. The noises max out when the car equalizer is maxed out. At max car equalizer settings, even the operating noise of electric car seat gets picked up or amplified by the speakers.
What the guys at both the workshop did:
Changed the wiring, substituted the amplifier with another one. Didn't solve the issue at hand. Please do let me know if you need more information and do help a noob out.
This sounds like a grounding issue - are you using the stock HU, and if so how is it connected to the AMP - does the HU have a line out, or is it taken from the speaker line? And if it's from the speaker line, do you also have a DSP?
ph03n!x is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2019, 11:20   #13821
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
This sounds like a grounding issue - are you using the stock HU, and if so how is it connected to the AMP - does the HU have a line out, or is it taken from the speaker line? And if it's from the speaker line, do you also have a DSP?
Thank you,Its stock HU. I have no answer to other questions, but i am going to the installer today for clarifications. Will also ask him to double check on the grounding.
TrailBlazer007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2019, 20:37   #13822
BHPian

hi experts,
I have bought an Audison prima AP 8.9 amplifier. Audison also sells wiring harness and there are various variants fitting different car manufacturers.
Link https://www.audison.eu/products/ap-t-h-tol01/
I have a Toyota Innova Crysta and obviously I checked out the Toyota compliant wiring harness. Audison claims as follows
Quote:
Harness “DCC” is the Plug&Play solution for LEXUS and TOYOTA to integrate Audison Prima with the factory car audio system. The battery positive is taken from the head unit without the need of reaching the engine compartment thanks to the DCC* solution.

*The DCC solution, (Direct Cockpit Current) can be used combined with the AP bit amplifiers’ feature which controls the amplifier absorption peaks, protecting the car power supply system.
Any experience with fitting Audison Prima amplifiers?
Do the car manufacturer specific / Toyota specific wiring harness connect on Toyota India (such as Innova Crysta) cars?
Do Toyota India cars OEM headunit provide direct power supply without reaching out to the engine bay?

thanks in advance.
Old 13th February 2019, 17:28   #13823
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs_rajesh View Post
Do Toyota India cars OEM headunit provide direct power supply without reaching out to the engine bay?
I think Toyota's OEM HU will be wired something like the diagram below. One remote turn on wire via the ignition and one direct wire for everything else.
Attached Thumbnails
Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!-caraudioheadunitcolorsatcarstereospeakerwiringdiagram.jpg  

navin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2019, 10:43   #13824
BHPian

Pardon me if this is a noob question, but i am unable to figure out a way to play songs via Bluetooth on my Kenwood KDC-U549BT. I normally play songs via USB but it just struck me to play Amazon Music Songs via BT, but i have been unable to get it working. It detects the Phone but does not play songs via the Car speakers.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Old 14th February 2019, 11:04   #13825
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi3284 View Post
. I normally play songs via USB but it just struck me to play Amazon Music Songs via BT, but i have been unable to get it working.
Hope that Bluetooth setting on mobile phone are enabled for both 'Phone Audio' and 'Media Audio'.

Quote:
It detects the Phone but does not play songs via the Car speakers.
After checking manual for Kenwood KDC-U549BT, I doubt if this head-unit supports audio streaming over Bluetooth. You can use Aux-cable for playing content from Amazon music and listen via Car speakers.

Last edited by navin : 14th February 2019 at 13:32. Reason: typo
sukiwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2019, 11:35   #13826
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
Hope that Bluetooth setting on mobile phone are enabled for both 'Phone Audio' and 'Media Audio'.

After checking manual for Kenwood KDC-U549BT, I doubt if this head-unit supports audio streaming over Bluetooth. You can use Aux-cable for playing content from Amazon music and listen via Car speakers.
Thanks Suhas for your prompt response. I use a OP3T and under Bluetooth Settings for the Kenwood HU, i see only 'Phone Audio' and 'Contact Sharing' Options. Even i am skeptical if this HU supports playing Audio over BT.

Last edited by navin : 14th February 2019 at 13:33. Reason: typo in quoted post
Old 18th February 2019, 14:12   #13827
Senior - BHPian

Need advice on 4 channel amplifier. I have Infinity reference speakers on my car and plan to add an amplfier. I have shortlisted below:

1. JVC: https://www.amazon.in/JVC-KS-DR3004-...nnel+amplifier
2.Sony: https://www.amazon.in/Sony-XM-N1004-...nnel+amplifier
3.Pioneer: https://www.amazon.in/Pioneer-GM-A67...nnel+amplifier

I read Pioneer has heating issues, not sure about others. Can you suggest which one would go best with Infinity speakers? I am looking for low end bass and some extra power to rear co-axials as they sound quite low. I have stock HU in Innova Crysta and don't want to change.

Secondly do I need to change the stock wiring and how much would labour cost?
Old 18th February 2019, 15:56   #13828
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Need advice on 4 channel amplifier.

I read Pioneer has heating issues, not sure about others. Can you suggest which one would go best with Infinity speakers? I am looking for low end bass and some extra power to rear co-axials as they sound quite low. I have stock HU in Innova Crysta and don't want to change.

Secondly do I need to change the stock wiring and how much would labour cost?
What about the Kenwood 704?
https://www.kenwood.com/india/car/sp...plifier/pm_ps/

Yes you would need to install power cables for the amplifier and speaker cables from the amplifier to the speakers.
navin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2019, 16:26   #13829
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
What about the Kenwood 704?
https://www.kenwood.com/india/car/sp...plifier/pm_ps/

Yes you would need to install power cables for the amplifier and speaker cables from the amplifier to the speakers.
I am okay with Kenwood as well but appears they aren't easily available here in Bangalore. People here are suggesting Blaupunkt/Pioneer/Sony or Rockford.
Old 18th February 2019, 16:33   #13830
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhoneycake View Post
I have the Sony XAV-AX5000, so I’ll compare that against your list.
We paid 20k on Amazon. It’s a fantastic unit. Do check it out.
Can you share the link please? I am finding only the ones for 25k

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks