Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2022, 15:50   #14281
BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

hello Audio Gurus,

Need a help on the issue that I am facing after the recent audio upgrade I did in my Grand I10. I had already upgraded my speakers to Infinity component speakers (6530CX 6.5") in front and Coaxial in the back few years back. That was a decent upgrade and the sound output was definitely better than that of the stock speakers.

To get better quality, I have added an Acustika amplifier ( 4 * 80 Watt RMS) amplifier however not very happy with the output I am getting. I still fill that my stock output was really better. Also the depth in Bass is missing completely. Even I did the damping work along with installation of amplifier to get better sound.

Looking at few threads, It seems like DSP might be a potential solution. Before going in that path, Do you thing I should do any other change to get a decent sound ? Sub is an option for Bass thing but am not looking for that depth of Bass. I know my current speakers are capable of delivering good Bass.
Old 28th April 2022, 17:11   #14282
Senior - BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNayak View Post
hello Audio Gurus,

Need a help on the issue that I am facing after the recent audio upgrade I did in my Grand I10.

To get better quality, I have added an Acustika amplifier ( 4 * 80 Watt RMS) amplifier however not very happy with the output I am getting. I still fill that my stock output was really better.

Looking at few threads, It seems like DSP might be a potential solution.
Before jumping to a conclusion - It's hard to believe bass reduced after an amp install
1. How is the amp connected to the HU
2. is there any HPF applied either on the head unit or amp?

Please make sure there are no phase issues
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-e...ker-phase.html (Checking your Speaker Phase)
Old 29th April 2022, 22:30   #14283
BHPian

Hi guys,

I have Infinity Reference 6520 comp in front and had Polk audio db690 coax in rear shelf. But the rear shelf got bent in the middle and I have removed it for now. HU is an age old Pioneer DEH-3050UB. It has USB and aux-in which I have connected with a BT receiver to connect to my phone. So far so good.

I need suggestions on the below.
  1. Good 4 channel amplifier that can drive both the front comp and rear coax. No plans for sub as mine is a Swift and boot space is already at a minimum
  2. Good wiring kit(?) or brand. I'm not satisfied with the default wiring the installers use.
  3. A reputed installer in Chennai who can do a good job for these.
Thanks in advance.
Old 1st May 2022, 07:14   #14284
BHPian

Hi, We are purchasing Urban Cruiser (rebadged Brezza) and need a HU that can support front and rear camera unit. Budget is maximum 25,000 including installation (and both cameras). Please advise on the HU and if possible a trusted shop around south bangalore (bannerghatta road)

Last edited by TSEA : 1st May 2022 at 07:16.
Old 2nd May 2022, 11:11   #14285
BHPian

Hey guys, I am looking for a component speakers for Figo below Rs. 5000/-. This is not my primary car so dont wish to go overboard. So far have considered the below:
1. Infinity primus6510cshi 80 Watt RMS 320 Watt Peak Speaker @ Rs. 5000/-
2. Pioneer TS-C602IN 90W RMS 2 Way Component Speaker @ Rs. 3100/-
Need experts to comment the difference and the value of Infinity over the Pioneer.
Old 9th May 2022, 11:09   #14286
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSEA View Post
Hi, We are purchasing Urban Cruiser (rebadged Brezza) and need a HU that can support front and rear camera unit. Budget is maximum 25,000 including installation (and both cameras). Please advise on the HU and if possible a trusted shop around south bangalore (bannerghatta road)
Please do suggest a HU that can support front and rear camera and a place around south bangalore to get the work done
Old 9th May 2022, 11:41   #14287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by emkay.india View Post
[*]A reputed installer in Chennai who can do a good job for these.[/list]Thanks in advance.
You can checkout bhpian Nitrous owned store, Autoexperts in Chromepet. They have done some nice installs and my civic was done by them too. Quite happy with the result.
varunanb is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th May 2022, 18:10   #14288
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSEA View Post
One workshop you can see is Motoman near Arekere, he does decent job.

But I would recommend Evo for quality audio and lighting work in bangalore, though bit far in Indiranagar

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...bangalore.html (ICE/ Accessories : EVO (Ulsoor, Bangalore))
Old 9th May 2022, 23:18   #14289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunanb View Post
You can checkout bhpian Nitrous owned store, Autoexperts in Chromepet. They have done some nice installs and my civic was done by them too. Quite happy with the result.
Oh this is great.. I'll definitely visit him them. Thanks a bunch.
Old 10th May 2022, 08:35   #14290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
One workshop you can see is Motoman near Arekere, he does decent job.

[/url]
Thanks Shamanth, will check Motoman.
Old 21st May 2022, 20:59   #14291

Greetings !

After lurking on the forum for almost a decade and trawling through threads, i am finally stepping into the murky field of audio upgrades. Humbly soliciting advice to find my way through this quagmire.

Regarding background story, the OEM head unit on my pre-owned Corolla Altis (2015) has developed a weird affliction over the years. The resistive screen shows extra resistance to respond unless the car has been nicely warmed for a few hours in the sun. After numerous instances in which i was left staring at the start-up warning screen and could not progress further due to insufficient heating of the HU, i made up my mind to take the plunge for a new head unit.

My plan is to first change the head unit with a budget under 25k. Speaker upgrades may be planned in distant future if finances permit. I'm mostly satisfied with android auto and listening to the fm station or spotify. I'd also like the new HU to be reliable and prefer physical buttons for volume. Also i don't really need a large screen and am looking for a drop-in replacement if possible.

With all these requirements, i though the sony ax5500 , ax3200 and pioneer z5290 / a4490 might be best suited. the ax5500 is strangely unavailable on amazon and flipkart. internationally it seems to have been replaced by the ax5600 which is not yet available on sony india website.

Please suggest which of these units / any other which may best suit. Any details of which retailer/installer i could visit at Hyderabad would also be much appreciated. Thanks!
Old 22nd May 2022, 00:30   #14292
BHPian

I got a HU replacement done on my Aura, from Mumbai. The car is now in Pune with my family. It’s been 4months since the swap and the frame seems to have given way. As a result the HU has partially collapsed inside the cavity. Everything works but it rattles like crazy and I’m afraid the whole thing might just slide inside.
It’s not possible to get the car back to mumbai for a repair job. Can someone suggest an ICE installer in pune? Have been going through the forum and Poona Motors seems to be an obvious choice but they don’t seem to do repair jobs.
Old 27th June 2022, 21:03   #14293
BHPian

I'm looking to improve the sound quality in my Kushaq style. The stock quality is pretty good, but I'm looking to improve the bass (a bit more tight, and thumping), and better imaging. (Prefer warm/neutral sound)

I already have a pair of Alpine spj-17c2 coaxial (which I will use for rear), and an Alpine 4Ch amp. I'm thinking it might be a good idea to skip the amplifier, to keep my warranty intact (Skoda).

So, which component speaker(or another coaxial) would satisfy my criteria for plug-n-play, which can provide good output without an amp, and also has sufficient low end (35-40hz)?

Budget 6-8k. If you think I shouldn't hold out from using the amp, please do suggest.

Last edited by ridehard : 27th June 2022 at 21:08.
Old 27th June 2022, 22:53   #14294
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridehard View Post
I'm looking to improve the sound quality in my Kushaq style. The stock quality is pretty good, but I'm looking to improve the bass (a bit more tight, and thumping), and better imaging. (Prefer warm/neutral sound)

I already have a pair of Alpine spj-17c2 coaxial (which I will use for rear), and an Alpine 4Ch amp. I'm thinking it might be a good idea to skip the amplifier, to keep my warranty intact (Skoda).
If you get to this, I am curious to know the result. On another note, I am very keen on understanding if there is some way to tune the stock amplifier and the sub woofer. I studied the connections of the sub and its casing and there is absolutely no way to tune or adjust anything. Also removed the amplifier casing under the seat to discover it is a panasonic amplifier but as usual didnt find any setting.

I cant believe that there is no way to set gains etc on what is supposed to be a premium offering. Maybe is it available in through VCDS? It would be great if someone digs this info out. I would be the happiest

I am looking to enhance bass at lower levels and reduce the bass on the door speakers so that they can work better with the rest of the frequency range and let the sub do the job of filling bass into the cabin.
Old 27th June 2022, 23:14   #14295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridehard View Post
I'm looking to improve the sound quality in my Kushaq style. The stock quality is pretty good, but I'm looking to improve the bass (a bit
Instead of speaker upgrade get an active subwoofer. Cost around 8-10k and almost plug and play.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks