Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2016, 19:33   #13216
Team-BHP Support

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

Can anyone suggest some speakers & amplifier to go along AVIC-8200NEX. I intend to us this in Isuzu - VCross. Help on the size of speakers for front & rear will also be appreciated.
Old 16th July 2016, 12:29   #13217
BHPian

Just bought a Pioneer 80 PRS from Amazon.com for my 2004 Baleno. Costed 250$. A friend is getting it from the US. I just hope there are no issues at the customs. And I think this model is discontinued by pioneer, will they honor warranty in India? And can anyone suggest a good pair of components speakers to go with it? Budget for front components around <5k. Will I be able to get a decent pair? Do I require an amplifier to drive these components?

Current setup in my Baleno is a stock kenwood cassette player with FM. And stock OE speakers all around.
I plan to install the Pioneer 80PRS with a set of components at the front. What type do you suggest at the rear?
Old 16th July 2016, 13:03   #13218
Senior - BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepilot View Post
Just bought a Pioneer 80 PRS from Amazon.com for my 2004 Baleno. Costed 250$. A friend is getting it from the US. I just hope there are no issues at the customs. And I think this model is discontinued by pioneer, will they honor warranty in India? And can anyone suggest a good pair of components speakers to go with it? Budget for front components around <5k. Will I be able to get a decent pair? Do I require an amplifier to drive these components?

Current setup in my Baleno is a stock kenwood cassette player with FM. And stock OE speakers all around.
I plan to install the Pioneer 80PRS with a set of components at the front. What type do you suggest at the rear?
That is too good a HU to use with 5k rupee components or without an amplifier.
With the volumes in the car audio market down, 5k gets you very low end components. Look at finding mid-priced components.
Old 16th July 2016, 13:10   #13219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
That is too good a HU to use with 5k rupee components or without an amplifier.
With the volumes in the car audio market down, 5k gets you very low end components. Look at finding mid-priced components.
Please suggest some mid priced components (and the price range too?)
EDIT: How are polk DP 6501 components?

And a decent amplifier to go with it?

Any pointers regarding the rear setup?

Last edited by thepilot : 16th July 2016 at 13:12.
Old 16th July 2016, 13:46   #13220
Senior - BHPian

Which HUs support music playback from phone [android] through USB?

Kenwood Bt 600U says it does but not clear whether you have to use their music app for that feature to function. sent a mail to nippon, no reply.
Old 5th August 2016, 21:21   #13221
BHPian

After reading through I.C.E forums for weeks on Team BHP, I had put together a very basic I.C.E last year for my then 8 year old Santro. Bought a Pioneer HU with BT, USB and CD options, JBL - GTO 950SI speakers (for rear) and Rockford Fosgate (front). I didn't need a sub-woofer set up and this basic set up ran fine for 18 months fulfilling my music needs.

Just a couple of days back I noticed one of the rear speakers (JBL) produced a weird sound and I immediately switched off the music. I took it to a local car stereo shop and he said that the speaker had got dust and it caused shorting. He said it can be repaired by him for 200-300 rupees but if I send it to JBL it will cost me 700-800 rupees.

I have no idea whatsoever he told me so thought to turn back to gurus here.

Is it possible to repair a speaker? I didn't know that!
If yes, then can someone guide me how if there is any service center of JBL in Delhi/Gurgaon/Noida because I was not able to find any contact information.

Any help would be much appreciated. Eagerly awaiting response!
Old 5th August 2016, 23:40   #13222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakwontsing View Post
After reading through I.C.E forums for weeks on Team BHP, I had put together a very basic I.C.E last year for my then 8 year old Santro. Bought a Pioneer HU with BT, USB and CD options, JBL - GTO 950SI speakers (for rear) and Rockford Fosgate (front). I didn't need a sub-woofer set up and this basic set up ran fine for 18 months fulfilling my music needs.

Just a couple of days back I noticed one of the rear speakers (JBL) produced a weird sound and I immediately switched off the music. I took it to a local car stereo shop and he said that the speaker had got dust and it caused shorting. He said it can be repaired by him for 200-300 rupees but if I send it to JBL it will cost me 700-800 rupees.

I have no idea whatsoever he told me so thought to turn back to gurus here.

Is it possible to repair a speaker? I didn't know that!
If yes, then can someone guide me how if there is any service center of JBL in Delhi/Gurgaon/Noida because I was not able to find any contact information.

Any help would be much appreciated. Eagerly awaiting response!
Hello ! Cool Handle there.
As per my knowledge of ICE, Dust cannot short a speaker.
It is very much possible to repair a speaker but you need to know what's wrong with it first.

I would suggest you go to Motor Concept at Kirti Nagar or visit the car market on Lal Sai Mandir Marg near Jail Road, may find other options.
Old 5th August 2016, 23:48   #13223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepilot View Post
Please suggest some mid priced components (and the price range too?)
EDIT: How are polk DP 6501 components?

And a decent amplifier to go with it?

Any pointers regarding the rear setup?
Polks are generally considered bright in nature but deliver punchy bass.

Mid priced Components can be from Rainbow Audio, DLS Audio, Morel Audio ideally priced in the 10-20k bracket.

If you have budget constraints or you do not want to spend a big amount at once, upgrade stagewise.

Leave the rear setup alone for now if you are the only person in your car most of the time, get good speakers for the front and put rears in the next upgrade.
Old 8th August 2016, 14:19   #13224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
so swap the phase of both rear speakers :/
Sorry for the late update. Thank you Greenhorn Sir. You are truly an audio guru. Solved the problem and saved me some hard earned cash too(was planning for a change of speakers). The system sounds great with very punchy bass.

speedmunster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2016, 16:13   #13225

Hi ICE Guru's,

I recently upgraded my Punto ICE to Pioneer 4890 HU, Infinity Reference Series Front components & Rear 6x9's and a Sony 4ch Amp in a shop in JC road as recommended by a friend.

I am not particularly happy with the tuning of the setup done by them. I thought the installation work was neat but when it comes to tuning they want to play their own audio and tune it their way.

So then which is the best place to get my entire system tuned with some expert help. Preferably Koramangala or surrounding areas. Hear a lot about Auto Planet in the forums, but do you think they would entertain me when I have not purchased the equipment from them.

Also, I do not want some one to tell me that the installers did a bad job or they took me for a ride. Want them to tune what I have as I am not going to invest any more money. I believe I have invested in a good set of Audio equipment and would like to get the max out of it!

Thanks..

- Sachin
Old 15th August 2016, 19:09   #13226
BHPian

Bad news to report. My Waggie was broken into and the ICE was stolen. Everything was cleaned out, the ever faithful JBL HU, ts 2150 and the pio woofer.

Now I am looking out for a budget HU which should play USB only along with a decent 6x9 and stock sized front speakers. Thankfully my buddy will be giving away his amp which will be doing duty in my car now. I am not skimping on wiring and will use Good quality audio wiring.

Some suggestions will be helpful for HU and speakers.
Old 17th August 2016, 18:29   #13227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinkudva View Post
Hi ICE Guru's,

Also, I do not want some one to tell me that the installers did a bad job or they took me for a ride. Want them to tune what I have as I am not going to invest any more money. I believe I have invested in a good set of Audio equipment and would like to get the max out of it!

Thanks..

- Sachin
can't you do it? just get a good cd, a screwdriver and a silent garage and its fun time you can tune as per the music you like. most of the car shops set gain to ear numbing maximum and set you off. lot of good simple articles around in the interwebs to help you out.
deathwalkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2016, 20:06   #13228
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinkudva View Post
Tuning they want to play their own audio and tune it their way.
Had a similar experience with a famous Bangalore tuner where he tuned the system to his bland, booming bass taste and below what I would call as an average tune. When I gave my feedback, he just told that I was listening to wrong sound till date, and his tune is right.

Lost the respect for him, but didn't care about it anyways since I knew tuning can be done with some time and effort. After spending several hours behind the wheel, I would rate my tune several times better than what he initially gave.

Would suggest you do it yourself with your choice of music.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2016, 22:05   #13229
BHPian

Hello ICE Gurus,

Request your inputs on a radical idea going through my head off late.

Following is the setup in my Safari
1: I recently replaced the stock Alpine head unit with Sony X-plod CDX-G1150U, on my sheer need of an AUX /or USB inputs my blind love for Sony due to past experiences at home in car. the Aux input for this is head unit is my old Nokia 5800 Express Music.
2: Speakers all 4 door are JBL CS-6C components, replaced the stock speakers over last one year. Had to cut the existing speaker panels to get them in. Tweeters are the stock ones JBL are still unused. I am happy with the outcome and this has led to hunger for more.

My question is on installing the amplifier. This is where the dilemma is!!

I do not want to install {read - buy} a subwoofer. I do not want a boom boom setup, but only need the beats to be clear the bass to be felt. SO my volume will always be on lower end will not behave as a PA system.

I have an old Sony MHX-GX-2000, Mini Hi-Fi system at home, which is not used due to circuit failure {beyond repairable} of amplifier unit. Speakers are still rock Solid. Speakers are 6 Ohms {as rated on the speaker panel}. Another set of Philips speakers with 4 ohms rating, can be used if required.

Amplifier on radar is Sony XM-N1004 {4 channel etc etc}. Or any other suggested for this setup under 6000

The head unit has Right+Left rear outs and Right+Left sub outs.

Questions
1: Can I install the speakers from home theatre on this or any other amp?
2: I am not disturbing the existing speaker setup for the car, they will still go via the head unit and not via amplifier. Is this possible or am I asking tooo much from the head unit to drive 6 {or all 8} speakers???
3: The description of Sony amp says it has 4 Ohm output, can I install 6 ohms on it. My knowledge of Electronics says, 6 ohms will draw less power than 4 ohms, so should not be an issue!!

Pardon my ignorance and lack of knowledge, and don't start bashing me..
please treat me a new-nooby or an infant in terms of ICE.

Thanks in advance
Saurabh

Last edited by saurabh2711 : 18th August 2016 at 22:21.
Old 22nd August 2016, 13:35   #13230

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
can't you do it? just get a good cd, a screwdriver and a silent garage and its fun time you can tune as per the music you like. most of the car shops set gain to ear numbing maximum and set you off. lot of good simple articles around in the interwebs to help you out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Had a similar experience with a famous Bangalore tuner where he tuned the system to his bland, booming bass taste and below what I would call as an average tune. When I gave my feedback, he just told that I was listening to wrong sound till date, and his tune is right.

Lost the respect for him, but didn't care about it anyways since I knew tuning can be done with some time and effort. After spending several hours behind the wheel, I would rate my tune several times better than what he initially gave.

Would suggest you do it yourself with your choice of music.

Thanks for the suggestion guys! I think I am going to vouch for self tuning as well.
I get about 1.5 hrs of road time everyday so I just kept experimenting with the settings day after day and finally hit a sweetspot
I'm in love with the sound now!!

I think letting someone else tune your system is just a waste of time and effort. Self tuning takes time but end of the day its worth it if you love your music and have spent a lot of money on the equipment..

- Sachin

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks