Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2017, 16:00   #13441
Senior - BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatic View Post
Kaushik, try looking for sellers on ebay selling the wiring kit in your city and send them a message (on ebay) saying that you can pick up the wiring kit in person. This will probably bring the price down. This is how I got to know about the dealer I was talking about earlier.

Regarding the warranty card, did you get a dealer bill along with the Amazon bill? If you did, the dealer bill should have his contact details. Try calling him for an explanation regarding no warranty card.

Regarding sealed package, my Pioneer 5890 was certainly not in a sealed box. However the product inside the box was certainly sealed. Same applies to my Focal speakers which I bought from a accessory shop in Mumbai. The outer box was not sealed however the contents inside were in separate sealed boxes.

Does the amplifier have any signs of being used? If not then you shouldn't worry. Do let us know how the amplifier performs. What speakers do you intend to connect it to?

Best,
Enigmatic
As of now planning to run the stock components that came with the car. But have plans to upgrade to Morel Maximos. I've one old Rockford Fosgate Punch Subwoofer and planning to add that too. So, basically front components and Sub will be powered thru the amplifier. The amp looks to be brand new. BTW, when are you getting yours?
I'm currently in Shillong, so not sure about where to find good wiring kits here. And problem here is that most of the shops sell stuff at MRP with very minimum discount. Hence online is the only option to get a competitive price.
Will be contacting the seller regarding the warranty card soon.
Regards,
Old 21st March 2017, 16:35   #13442
BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
As of now planning to run the stock components that came with the car. But have plans to upgrade to Morel Maximos. I've one old Rockford Fosgate Punch Subwoofer and planning to add that too. So, basically front components and Sub will be powered thru the amplifier. The amp looks to be brand new. BTW, when are you getting yours?
I'm currently in Shillong, so not sure about where to find good wiring kits here. And problem here is that most of the shops sell stuff at MRP with very minimum discount. Hence online is the only option to get a competitive price.
Will be contacting the seller regarding the warranty card soon.
Regards,
Good to know that the amp looks new. If you have a stock headunit, the good thing about this amp is that you can manually do time alignment and slope settings from the amplifier.

My amp is expected to arrive by this weekend. If it arrives in time, I might get it installed on Sunday.

Looking forward to your installation.

Best,
Enigmatic

Last edited by Enigmatic : 21st March 2017 at 16:43.
Old 22nd March 2017, 11:02   #13443
BHPian

Quote:
Good to know that the amp looks new. If you have a stock headunit, the good thing about this amp is that you can manually do time alignment and slope settings from the amplifier.

My amp is expected to arrive by this weekend. If it arrives in time, I might get it installed on Sunday.

Looking forward to your installation.

Best,
Enigmatic
I almost bought the amp from paytm except for the scratchy connection at my place. As it says only two of them left as of now, in a dilemma whether to go ahead and buy it off or wait for your's to arrive. Worried as there is no warranty card with Kaushik's order.

I am planning to run infinity ref comps in the front with this amp and oem speakers at the back. The sub is a powered sub, so I do not think it needs to be run though the amp, but may help in getting rid of the hi-lo converter.

What about this setup:
Front comps with the amp
Rear doors from the HU itself
powered sub with the two channels of the amp itself.

- Girish
Old 22nd March 2017, 17:01   #13444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post
I almost bought the amp from paytm except for the scratchy connection at my place. As it says only two of them left as of now, in a dilemma whether to go ahead and buy it off or wait for your's to arrive. Worried as there is no warranty card with Kaushik's order.

I am planning to run infinity ref comps in the front with this amp and oem speakers at the back. The sub is a powered sub, so I do not think it needs to be run though the amp, but may help in getting rid of the hi-lo converter.

What about this setup:
Front comps with the amp
Rear doors from the HU itself
powered sub with the two channels of the amp itself.

- Girish
Girish, I would suggest you wait for my amp to be delivered. Post delivery I will be able to confirm if there is a warranty card inside and whether the amp was in sealed condition. If required, I will post some pictures.

Regarding your setup, you need to match the RMS of your speakers to that of the amp. An amp delivering slightly less/more RMS than that of your speakers would be the perfect combination.

P.S. If your subwoofer already comes with an inbuilt amp then adding this amp over and above the existing inbuilt may be an overkill. Instead you can consider upgrading the rear speakers too and powering them from the amp.

Best,
Enigmatic
Enigmatic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2017, 16:18   #13445
BHPian

Quote:

- Girish
Girish, I received the amplifier today. It does not contain a warranty card however the amp was in a sealed packing.

I will be installing it over the weekend and will get back on how it is performing.

Best,
Enigmatic
Old 25th March 2017, 18:27   #13446
BHPian

Quote:
Girish, I received the amplifier today. It does not contain a warranty card however the amp was in a sealed packing.

I will be installing it over the weekend and will get back on how it is performing.

Best,
Enigmatic
Thanks a lot. Did you try to contact the seller about the warranty card?
Old 25th March 2017, 19:18   #13447
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Best,

Enigmatic

Aah, so it's the same curious case of missing warranty cards. BTW, have you got it installed? I'll have to wait till next week as today was working day for me. Super eager to find out how it sounds( as that'll determine my next purchase )
kaushik_s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2017, 11:21   #13448
BHPian

My blau is getting delivered today, will update about the warranty card as soon I receive the same. May be will ask for a refund without opening the box if there is no warranty card inside.
Old 27th March 2017, 11:56   #13449
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My blau is getting delivered today, will update about the warranty card as soon I receive the same. May be will ask for a refund without opening the box if there is no warranty card inside.
Awesome. Who is the seller in your case? In my case the seller is called CAR SMITH, shipping was from Maharastra, most probably a Amazon warehouse. I'm not getting time to get it installed yet, hopefully sometime this week I should be able to get it installed.
Old 27th March 2017, 12:00   #13450
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot. Did you try to contact the seller about the warranty card?
Quote:
I contacted Paytm regarding the missing warranty card. They seem to be prompt and have promised a solution. However it is yet to be seen see what solution they offer.

Since you are getting your amp delivered today, do make sure to record the unboxing process. This ensures that if things do turn ugly, you have proof that there was no warranty card.

Quote:
Aah, so it's the same curious case of missing warranty cards. BTW, have you got it installed? I'll have to wait till next week as today was working day for me. Super eager to find out how it sounds( as that'll determine my next purchase )
Yes, I had it installed over the weekend and the difference was significant over my JBL GX A644SI. An interesting change of events made me install Focal components in the back as well. So now the GTA 470 is driving the Focal components in the front and the back and the JBL is driving the subwoofer.

I am finally satisfied, for now.

Best,
Enigmatic

Last edited by Enigmatic : 27th March 2017 at 12:07.
Old 27th March 2017, 12:28   #13451
BHPian

Quote:
Awesome. Who is the seller in your case? In my case the seller is called CAR SMITH, shipping was from Maharastra, most probably a Amazon warehouse. I'm not getting time to get it installed yet, hopefully sometime this week I should be able to get it installed.

Same seller in my case too and same place. Curiously, mine was the last piece when I placed the order and the next day he was back with more numbers of the amplifier. Looks like he is playing a game similar to Mi flash sale.

How much did you pay for your focals? I am happy that you are satisfied with the quality of the amp and overall setup. I need to change the back door speakers and will move the reference to back if I come across any good deal on better comps.
Old 27th March 2017, 19:46   #13452
Senior - BHPian

Today I went to a audio installer here at Shillong. But the impression I got was not very positive. The first guy didnt even had any idea on how to wire Hi-Lo converter or wire the speakers. Although another guy could able to understand what to do and they had a JBL Hi-Lo converter too. I hope that JBL line-in converter would be a good choice. But still I'm not very confident about getting it done there.
Another problem is that most of them had wiring kits from Boss, Xenos etc. There was also another brand called Unplugged (which had 4GA wires for power). Any idea on which one to go for? I remember reading bad reviews about Boss wiring kit.
Old 27th March 2017, 20:19   #13453
BHPian

Quote:

How much did you pay for your focals? I am happy that you are satisfied with the quality of the amp and overall setup. I need to change the back door speakers and will move the reference to back if I come across any good deal on better comps.
I got the Focal ISS 165 components for about 8K. They are good but are slightly on the bright side. They do sound well on the GTA 470 though.

Quote:
Today I went to a audio installer here at Shillong. But the impression I got was not very positive. The first guy didnt even had any idea on how to wire Hi-Lo converter or wire the speakers. Although another guy could able to understand what to do and they had a JBL Hi-Lo converter too. I hope that JBL line-in converter would be a good choice. But still I'm not very confident about getting it done there.
Another problem is that most of them had wiring kits from Boss, Xenos etc. There was also another brand called Unplugged (which had 4GA wires for power). Any idea on which one to go for? I remember reading bad reviews about Boss wiring kit.
I would suggest you hold back on the installation till the time you find a good installer. A bad install might not only end up sounding worse than what you have right now but might also lead to all types of rattles if the panels are not fitted back properly. I have had my rear seat locks broken by an installer.

Regarding the wiring kit, instead of spending on Xenos, Boss etc., please order a wiring kit of Scosche, Focal or other brands suggested on this thread. Wiring plays a very integral part and you must not settle for what the local installers are suggesting till you are completely satisfied with the product.

Best,
Enigmatic
Old 27th March 2017, 21:58   #13454
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I got one of these kits recently. The most useful things in the kit was the 4 ga wire, the fuse and the connector. The coax and other wires were not to my liking. So I used a set of coax cables from MX, and 14 ga speaker wire sourced separately.

Another problem is that most of these kits are 2-channel kits. Even if they say 4-channel kit. Dont be surprised to see a splitter to convert the 2-channel to 4-channel. So be ready to supplement the cables.

Last edited by condor : 27th March 2017 at 22:03.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2017, 22:43   #13455
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I would suggest you hold back on the installation till the time you find a good installer. A bad install might not only end up sounding worse than what you have right now but might also lead to all types of rattles if the panels are not fitted back properly. I have had my rear seat locks broken by an installer.

Regarding the wiring kit, instead of spending on Xenos, Boss etc., please order a wiring kit of Scosche, Focal or other brands suggested on this thread. Wiring plays a very integral part and you must not settle for what the local installers are suggesting till you are completely satisfied with the product.

Best,
Enigmatic
I'm kinda tempted to to do it myself instead of letting these guys butcher my system. Although got a few leads on couple more good installers in the City, will ask them and see if they are good enough for the job. Hopefully they are. I'll supervise anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
I got one of these kits recently. The most useful things in the kit was the 4 ga wire, the fuse and the connector. The coax and other wires were not to my liking. So I used a set of coax cables from MX, and 14 ga speaker wire sourced separately.

So, these kits from Unplug is not that bad? When I saw 4GA wires, I thought they might be decent. All other kits have 8GA wires for power and ground. Not sure if this will be overkill for my low-power system. But price was tempting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Another problem is that most of these kits are 2-channel kits. Even if they say 4-channel kit. Dont be surprised to see a splitter to convert the 2-channel to 4-channel. So be ready to supplement the cables.
I guess you meant for the Line-Out converter? The LOC that was available seems to be a 4 channel LOC and the make was JBL. Not sure if it was with a splitter but there were 4 pairs of input wires.

BTW, I'm just thinking of using only the front speaker outputs to the LOC and get the front speakers powered. In the Amplifier there is a option to route the Subwoofer pre-out (from the amp) to Rear pre-amp in and then use the DSP controls for the Subwoofer. Hope I've not read the manual wrong.

Most Viewed