Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2017, 14:40   #13486
BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

Quick question to the members.

My amplifiers are currently placed on the boot floor and I would like to secure them either by mounting on the back seat or towards the side of the boot (Car in question is a Civic which has significant cavities on both sides of the boot to mount the amplifiers). Since I have never gotten this done before, request the members to also shed some light on the approximate cost involved.

Best,
Enigmatic.
Old 5th May 2017, 15:10   #13487
Team-BHP Support

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatic View Post
My amplifiers are currently placed on the boot floor and I would like to secure them either by mounting on the back seat or towards the side of the boot (Car in question is a Civic which has significant cavities on both sides of the boot to mount the amplifiers). Since I have never gotten this done before, request the members to also shed some light on the approximate cost involved.
Costs vary greatly Enigmatic. I prefer to use the back of the back seat for the amps and use those cavities for a subwoofer.
navin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2017, 18:48   #13488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Costs vary greatly Enigmatic. I prefer to use the back of the back seat for the amps and use those cavities for a subwoofer.
Thanks once again, Navin.

I plan to go to Ramie over the weekend to get this done and also let him have a look at the Blaupunkt amplifier cutting out issue. Hopefully we'll be able to find a fix.

Will keep the thread updated.

Best,
Enigmatic
Old 8th May 2017, 20:40   #13489
BHPian

While getting the amplifiers mounted over the weekend, I came across this compact 4 channel amplifier from Focal. Although it only pumps out 55W, yet look how compact it is:
Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!-img_2452.jpg

Size wise, it is slightly larger than a iPhone 7+.

Product page:
http://www.focal-america.com/product/impulse4320/

Any information on how it performs?

Best,
Enigmatic

Last edited by Enigmatic : 8th May 2017 at 21:03.
Old 10th May 2017, 18:41   #13490
BHPian

H folks,

My limited tech savvy brain has searched this thread but dont think anyone has asked this question so let me shoot straight.

I have a Dzire VXI (2nd Gen, 2012 May),its a car that I am not intending to sell for another 5 years or more hence I am thinking of spending some "pink" stuff and want to upgrade the HU with an unit which comes in built with Android auto. The HU in Dzire 2017 looks very appealing to me.

Basic requirements apart from decent sound is bluetooth connectivity for hands-free chat,maps and video playing capabilities.

My question is if anyone has any idea if Maruti guys can use the latest gen HU in this older Dzire(saw some adapters on aliexpress).

Or should I go with something like this

Ideally I wouldnt want to spend more than 15-20k

Would be glad if someone can shed some light/ideas on this.

Thanks
Old 11th May 2017, 12:08   #13491

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
I would suggest you avoid Pioneer and consider Sony or Alpine HU (3 pre outs) and in first phase you go with the HU and 4 speakers with damping in the doors. This will give you such good mid bass that in the second phase you can go with just an amplifier and then decide if you want a sub.

If you think you don't want a sub more powerful than a 300w rms, go with a 5ch amp so it will give you the option to run 4 speakers and the sub from 1 amplifier. The Powerbass ASA3 700.5 is what I had used and its excellent.
Straight6, Thanks for your reply. I was between jobs last few months, and could not concentrate on this.

Your suggestion is very good. I've been researching which speakers to shortlist, and the list is just increasing. Finally I'm totally confused. I would like to go with Components in the front, and coaxials in the rear. Also I want to make sure, I should not end up looking at another upgrade after few years.
Can you please suggest good brands I should look for, and if possible, any specific models. Your help is much appreciated. Thank you!
Old 12th May 2017, 18:16   #13492
BHPian

Has any one tried mirroring their their iphone/android to a headunit which does not support mirrorlink?

I ask because Pioneer, for reasons best known to them, decided to remove mirrorlink from AVH-X5890BT even though its predecessor had it. I did some digging around the internet and apparently we can still mirror our phones. What is required is an RCA to HDMI converter along with a HDMI to Lightning converter (in case of apple). After connecting all of this, if source is selected as AV on the headunit, your phones screen should be mirrored onto the headunit. However, since this is technically not "mirrorlink", you will not be able to control your device from the headunit and all the inputs have to be made on your phone. The good part however is the if you select an app on your phone (eg. google maps etc), it will show up in full screen on the headunit.

If any of you have undertaken a similar activity, could you please share the RCA to HDMI cable/adapter you bought. There seem to be many available online however the reviews are not very comforting.

Best,
Enigmaitc
Old 24th May 2017, 06:08   #13493
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baagi View Post
Straight6, Thanks for your reply. I was between jobs last few months, and could not concentrate on this.

Your suggestion is very good. I've been researching which speakers to shortlist, and the list is just increasing. Finally I'm totally confused. I would like to go with Components in the front, and coaxials in the rear. Also I want to make sure, I should not end up looking at another upgrade after few years.
Can you please suggest good brands I should look for, and if possible, any specific models. Your help is much appreciated. Thank you!
Please pm me I'll give you a number in Bangalore.
straight6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2017, 14:58   #13494

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
Please pm me I'll give you a number in Bangalore.
Unfortunately, I do not have privileges to send a PM. Is it possible for you to send me the details in PM please?

Thanks!
Old 26th May 2017, 14:39   #13495

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Can anyone suggest some speakers & amplifier to go along AVIC-8200NEX. I intend to us this in Isuzu - VCross. Help on the size of speakers for front & rear will also be appreciated.
Where did you get the AVIC-8200NEX. Is this available in India?

Mod Note : Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 26th May 2017 at 15:00. Reason: Rrefer mod note.
Old 26th May 2017, 23:16   #13496
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baagi View Post
Unfortunately, I do not have privileges to send a PM. Is it possible for you to send me the details in PM please?

Thanks!
I don't get the option either.

Call this guy Sunny at 9900021527 and visit them.
straight6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2017, 10:44   #13497
BHPian

Need advice.

I have an issue with one of the mid-basses.

At low volumes, the mid either doesn't produce any sound. If the volume is turned up, it gives out a rubbing sound, akin to radio playing at 93.4 fm instead of 93.5 fm.

But if volume is pumped up significantly, the sound is ok.

What could be the problem?
Old 6th June 2017, 12:31   #13498
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepfusion View Post
Need advice.

I have an issue with one of the mid-basses.

At low volumes, the mid either doesn't produce any sound. If the volume is turned up, it gives out a rubbing sound, akin to radio playing at 93.4 fm instead of 93.5 fm.

If the volume is increased it sounds ok? That is weird. Usually when the surround of a speaker deteriorates it will sound worse as the volume is increased. For what it's worth how old are these speakers? Check the rubber surround on the mid-basses.
Old 6th June 2017, 12:36   #13499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
If the volume is increased it sounds ok? That is weird. Usually when the surround of a speaker deteriorates it will sound worse as the volume is increased. For what it's worth how old are these speakers? Check the rubber surround on the mid-basses.
The mids are about 6 years old. I have taken the magnet off and cleaned it.

After the magnet is taken off, the suspension is perfect.

The surround is in perfect cosmetic condition. No cuts or even blemishes anywhere.

The mids in question aer illusion audio carbons.

Last edited by deepfusion : 6th June 2017 at 12:55.
Old 6th June 2017, 15:27   #13500
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
At low volumes, the mid either doesn't produce any sound.
What could be the problem?
Quote:
The surround is in perfect cosmetic condition. No cuts or even blemishes anywhere....The mids in question aer illusion audio carbons.
There has got to be some mechanical source for that noise. I assume at higher levels of music the noise is just not audible.

Please check that the rubber glue that attaches the surround to the gasket has not dried up. Sometimes this happens and the rubber surround flaps against the gasket.
navin is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed