Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2017, 15:23   #13516
BHPian

Hello BHPians,

I have a Vento running on stock speakers and RCD 510 head unit. I am planning to improve the setup and approached a famous installer "Powerzone" in chennai. I prefer SQ than loudness and the installer was pushing for a DSP made by a company called "Musway". They have a website but it is not sold anywhere in India as far as I have searched. According to him, this addition alone can improve the SQ by several notches even with stock speakers.

Does any BHPian have experience with this unit? The price is on the expensive side at 35K. I am skeptical since it is not a familiar brand.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 11th July 2017 at 23:02. Reason: Grammar.
Old 9th July 2017, 16:40   #13517
Senior - BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatic View Post
A couple of days back my Civic was broken into and my headunit - Prioneer AVH - X5890BT was stolen (along with the air conditioner controller). Fortunately the remaining ICE was not touched.

While the Civic is being repaired at Honda, I am now on the lookout for a new headunit.

What do you guys have to say about the Sony XAV-AX100? It comes with Car Play and Android Auto. Would it be better than the Pioneer 5890 that I had? The two apparent shortcomings of the Sony are that (i) it does not come with a CD/DVD slot, but in the 6 months that I had the Pioneer, I never used a CD/DVD so I might be okay with this; and (ii) the Sony has a screen size of 6.4 inch whereas the Pioneed was 6.95 inch, this might actually be a significant point of consideration.

Other than the above, in terms of SPL, how would you guys rate it? Please also suggest any other options I should consider.

Best,
Enigmatic
Why don't you check out the 712BT from Sony? Did this happen at home or at work? And was your window broken?

Quote:
Originally Posted by senthils27 View Post
Hello BHPians,

I have a Vento running on stock speakers and RCD 510 head unit. I am planning to improve the setup and approached a famous installer "Powerzone" in chennai. I prefer SQ than loudness and the installer was pushing for a DSP made by a company called "Musway". They have a website but it is not sold anywhere in India as far as I have searched. According to him, this addition alone can improve the SQ by several notches even with stock speakers.

Do any BHPian have experience with this unit? The price is on the expensive side at 35K. I am skeptical since it is not a familiar brand.
If its not sold here officially then you won get any warranty and technical support.
straight6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2017, 11:58   #13518
BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
Why don't you check out the 712BT from Sony? Did this happen at home or at work? And was your window broken?
I have used the 712BT in a friends car and although I do like the interface (extremely smooth), it doesn't come with apple carplay or android auto. I am also considering the Pioneer 8890BT however it retails for around 39k whereas the Sony AX100 retails for 26k.

This happened at home. The co-driver side window was broken and the entire dash kit (which has the headunit and the automatic climate control) was taken.

Best,
Enigmatic

Last edited by Enigmatic : 11th July 2017 at 12:02.
Old 11th July 2017, 18:40   #13519
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have used the 712BT in a friends car and although I do like the interface (extremely smooth), it doesn't come with apple carplay or android auto. I am also considering the Pioneer 8890BT however it retails for around 39k whereas the Sony AX100 retails for 26k.

This happened at home. The co-driver side window was broken and the entire dash kit (which has the headunit and the automatic climate control) was taken.

Best,
Enigmatic
If you're in Bombay I can get you a much better deal on the 8890 with bill and warranty. Pm me if interested.
Old 11th July 2017, 20:11   #13520
BHPian

Quote:

Best,
Enigmatic
I just read the last 10 odd pages and I have to say that your setup is almost identical to mine

I already have the Focal ISS 165 components in the front and the ISC 165(I think) coaxials in the rear. Head unit is 8890BT and sub is a Blaupunkt GTB 8200A. Since my car is a Polo, the subwoofer seems quite sufficient.

And finally I bit the bullet yesterday (Amazon Prime day) and picked up the Blaupunkt 470 DSP amplifier @7500 (Plus 15% cashback, so a win-win I guess). Now I am excited to hook up my speakers to the amp and hoping that with the 8890 head unit, they will sound even better. Any tips/suggestions, do let me know.

Will update once I get the amplifier installed and just worried (financially) that I don't move my front components to the rear and pick up some other components
Old 11th July 2017, 22:53   #13521
BANNED

I am planning to upgrade the audio in my Swift ZDi (2013 model). I am keeping the HU stock. Damping will done for 4 doors using damp-mat as suggested. My preference is underlined.

Options in my mind as suggested:

Front Components:
  1. Morel Maximo 6 6-1/2 240W 2-Way Maximo - ₹9,400
  2. Polk db6502 Series Component System 6.5" - ₹12,900

Rear Co-Axials:
  1. Focal-R-165C two way co-axial - ₹3,800
  2. Morel Maximo 6C 6.5" - ₹6,025
  3. Polk Audio DB651s Slim-Mount 6.5" - ₹8,750
  4. Rockford Fosgate R165X3 Prime 6.5" Full-Range 3-Way Coaxial - ₹6,905

Amplifier:
  1. JBL GX A646SI Four Channel - ₹8,900
  2. Pioneer GM-A6704 Bridgeable Four Channel - ₹7,700
  3. Sony XM-N1004 In Car Xplod - ₹6,900
  4. Blaupunkt GTA 470 DSP - ₹9,300
  5. Blaupunkt EMA 455 600-Watt 4-Channel Amplifier - ₹5,900
PS: All prices are as seen on Amazon.in.

I am a TOTAL noob when it comes to audio. Budget is Maximum ₹20,000 - 25,000 excluding damping.
Old 14th July 2017, 16:26   #13522
Senior - BHPian

Here's my system installed by Soundfactor.
Attached Thumbnails
Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!-img20161206wa0020.jpg  

Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!-img20161206wa0019.jpg  

Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!-img20161206wa0018.jpg  

Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!-img20161206wa0015.jpg  

Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!-img20161206wa0014.jpg  

Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!-20161204_202043.jpg  

Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!-20161204_202057.jpg  

Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!-20161204_202407.jpg  

Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!-20161207_160305.jpg  

Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!-20161208_124237.jpg  

straight6 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th July 2017, 19:32   #13523
BANNED

Here's what I have finalised,

Front Speakers:
  • Polk Audio db6502 components

Rear Speakers:
  • Polk audio db652 co-axial

Amplifier:
  • Hertz HCP4
  • JBL GX A646SI
  • JBL GX A604
  • Pioneer GM A6704

I am confused which one to get in the amplifier that gets speaker level inputs and no Hi-Lo converter.

Budget including Speakers + Amp + wiring = 30-32K. The Polk speakers I am getting for 15K locally (10K+5K) so my budget for Amp would be around 9-12K. HU is stock.
Old 14th August 2017, 20:40   #13524
BHPian

Guys need your advice on the following:

I want to change the front stock speakers of my punto to Rockford fosgate components with stock head unit.

I dont want to install amplifier and neither want to change the head unit. I hope

Pls advice if buying online is okay or suggest a suutable shop in Delhi.
Old 16th August 2017, 15:46   #13525

Yes, if you are getting a good deal online, go ahead. Any decent accesories guy will be able to swap the stock speakers with the new components.

I do not think you need to come down to Delhi for such a simple job.

But if you still insist - you can search this forum. There are quite a few good ones like Driven and Motor Concepts.
Old 16th August 2017, 20:56   #13526
BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by 599gto View Post
Any 3.5 mm Auxilary cable would do. Try the ones from Belkin, very high quality and doesn't hamper the sound quality as much as a regular Chinese one would do. Priced at Rs. 399.
I too have the same issue with my 2011 Wagon R. On reading this thread, I have just discovered that instead of playing CDs, using an AUX cable is a better option.

I checked on Amazon and came across a Belkin Mixit Up AUX cable for INR 521. Would this be the same product that you are recommending? If so, I guess the price has escalated with time.
Old 16th August 2017, 23:02   #13527
Senior - BHPian

If you want a good install, find a good installer and buy what he suggests. of course, do feel free to negotiate and make sure you fit things into your budget(installers are salesfolk too, and will try to infect you with upgraditis )
Old 25th August 2017, 21:56   #13528
BANNED

Want Better SQ

Hi All

Here is my set up

HU Pioneer 278BT (2 yr old) - 2 Pre outs :(

Front Polk Coaxial (2 yr old)
Rear Infinity Coaxial (2 yr old)

Sub 10 inch kenwood (8 years old and good condition)

Rockfort Fosgate R600x5 5 channel amo (2 weeks old)

I had changed amp as my 8 years old pioneer went kaput , but somehow i feel the new better powered amp is not that great compared to my 8 years old pioneer amp.

I am someone who loves bass and need clear sound for old songs , i need a spread bass for classic songs and punch for english songs.

Can i better these ? I was looking at Pioneer 5090BT but installer said it wont make much difference , should i look at component speakers for fornt?

Please advice
Old 26th August 2017, 22:07   #13529
Senior - BHPian

Re: Want Better SQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Hi All

Here is my set up

HU Pioneer 278BT (2 yr old) - 2 Pre outs :(

Front Polk Coaxial (2 yr old)
Rear Infinity Coaxial (2 yr old)

Sub 10 inch kenwood (8 years old and good condition)

Rockfort Fosgate R600x5 5 channel amo (2 weeks old)

I had changed amp as my 8 years old pioneer went kaput , but somehow i feel the new better powered amp is not that great compared to my 8 years old pioneer amp.

I am someone who loves bass and need clear sound for old songs , i need a spread bass for classic songs and punch for english songs.

Can i better these ? I was looking at Pioneer 5090BT but installer said it wont make much difference , should i look at component speakers for fornt?

Please advice
First of all change your installer.

A HU with 3 pre outs will make a big difference as your front and rear speakers will be on 2 separate channels and the sub will have its own. You can also consider the 2090BT and save more money.

Can you give some more details about your sub? Is it a dvc or svc? Max rms power?

Ideally you should have gone with components in the front but you can check after the HU if you like it or not. If you go with components you can then decide which of the coaxials are better and go with those in the rear.

Also get your entire wiring checked.
Old 27th August 2017, 00:18   #13530
Senior - BHPian

Hi All,
Need some help here to remove some stray noise from ICE setup. Recently got a new installation of ICE done on my car with Blaupunkt GTA-470 DSP, Morel Maximo in the front and Rockford Punch P1S412 subwoofer in a sealed box. Input to the amp is from an LOC from the OEM system of i20 Elite AVN and only the front outs are used. Now, without connecting the sub, it all sounds pretty good. But there is an issue with the subwoofer connection. Basically in the Blaupunkt GTA-470 DSP, there is a Sub pre out option and the same can be routed to Rear in to power the sub by bridging the rear posts. And that's what I've done. But with that, whenever I try to increase the gain to may be around 35-40% or more, there is a loud buzzing noise from the sub, as if some stray power noise that have sipped in. If I keep the gains at less than 40% then there is absolutely no noise and the whole setup sounds ok.
This sound is there even if the pre-out inputs (for the fronts) are not connected, so I guess we can leave the source or LOC out of it. It's as if like the subwoofer pre-out in the amp is picking up some stray noise and pushing that to the input. I am kind of suspecting the ground but I am not sure how to check if it is actually the ground.
Can it be power line if not ground? But in that case shouldn't even fronts would have similar noise?
Or in worst case scenario, can it be any issue with the Amplifier itself?
PS: There is no such noise from the front speakers at any gain settings.
Regards,

Most Viewed