Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2018, 04:34   #13621
BANNED

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Hoping to spend 30k Max for front components and amp. Rear coaxials and sub woofer are being repurposed from my WagonR
So you should be able to get a decent 4 channel amplifier for the front and rear speakers and a mono amplifier for the Subwoofer.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2018, 04:56   #13622
Senior - BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
So you should be able to get a decent 4 channel amplifier for the front and rear speakers and a mono amplifier for the Subwoofer.
Any specific models you would suggest?
Old 7th April 2018, 05:08   #13623
BANNED

Quote:
Any specific models you would suggest?
4 channel amplifier: Hertz HCP 4 (I bought it for 11K almost an year back and it is good). No idea about mono amplifiers.

I have Polk dB 6502 (components) and Polk dB 652 (coaxial) in my Creta which was carried over from the Swift. Polks are bright and not that punchy. Sounds output is decent and clear. I have never auditioned Morel's.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2018, 03:27   #13624
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
what are your rear and sub speakers?
Old 8th April 2018, 06:26   #13625
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
what are your rear and sub speakers?
Did you mean to Quote Ishaan for this question?

Answering anyway
I haven't added a subwoofer in my setup yet. Speakers are Polk dB 6502 components and Polk dB 652 coaxials.
Old 8th April 2018, 08:32   #13626
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Did you mean to Quote Ishaan for this question?

Answering anyway
I haven't added a subwoofer in my setup yet. Speakers are Polk dB 6502 components and Polk dB 652 coaxials.
Whoops, yes
I need some sleep!
greenhorn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2018, 23:43   #13627
Senior - BHPian

Update on Forester audio and further queries:

Headunit - Pioneer DEH 80 PRS (Still unopened in the box)

Front speakers - Morel Tempo Ultras (On the way)

Amp - Helix Dark Blue 5 channel Amp (On the way)

Subwoofer - Pioneer champion series 12" vented (Sitting collecting dust in the garage)

Rear Speakers - ???

Should I buy components or coaxials for the rear? I have ditched the idea of re-purposing my JBL gto 6x9 coaxials from the WagonR as I prefer surround sound rather than sound coming from behind and I'd like to offer the same to rear seat passengers in my Forester. without obviously affecting the listening experience for myself and the co-driver. That said, should I be buying a basic set of components or round coaxials? Also can someone highlight exactly why components would be better or worse in the rear doors?

Thanks

Last edited by IshaanIan : 10th April 2018 at 23:44.
Old 11th April 2018, 18:28   #13628
BHPian

Quote:
Front speakers - Morel Tempo Ultras (On the way)

Amp - Helix Dark Blue 5 channel Amp (On the way)

Subwoofer - Pioneer champion series 12" vented (Sitting collecting dust in the garage)
Even I have a Pioneer 80 PRS lying unopened in a box for last 6 months. Unable to decide over a decent set of speakers and amp to pair it with.
Can you share the costs of the speakers and Amp which you've mentioned? And also where can they be sourced from?
Old 17th April 2018, 10:08   #13629
BHPian

Quote:
[b]

Rear Speakers - ???

Should I buy components or coaxials for the rear?
Just my 2 cents.

Hi IshaanIan - Welcome to the ICE journey

I have a pretty good setup in my Ritz for the past 4 years. And yes, I don't have a rear fill at all.

If you are the only person who's going to enjoy the music, I would say ditch the plan of getting rear 6x9s. Spend the money on a good set of Amp and Sub.

But, if you are really keen on getting rear speakers, please ensure you get the ones that are door mounted so that they don't over power the front components.
Old 23rd April 2018, 16:43   #13630
BHPian

Hello Audio Gurus!

I have a '15 MY Polo GT TSI and was thinking of upgrading the audio setup of the car.

The car has the RCD 320 as stock.

My requirement from the SQ is to have clear lows and mids - which is good for soft/soothing music like Hindi bollywood stuff, jazz etc. Bass need not be thumping strong at all - however it should be better than stock.

Request to the gurus here to suggest the components which I can consider: including HU, speakers, amps and subwoofer.

One of the requirements is that I would really prefer to have the boot available - hence is a subwoofer really required?

One of the benchmarks for the audio quality which I really liked, which might help the gurus to suggest a setup - is that of the 10-speaker system in the top-end Tata Hexa. The music felt extremely clear & rich to the ears and it did not feel loud/garish in any way. I'd love to have similar sound quality in the Polo.

Regarding the budget, please suggest something in this range: 30k < Budget <= 50k.

Thanks for the suggestions in advance!

Last edited by AbhisheKulkarni : 23rd April 2018 at 16:46.
Old 23rd April 2018, 16:47   #13631

Hi All,

Recently My Duster's stock MediaNav stopped working. Now my search for new HU is on. I dont want to spend more than 15K on HU, since I want to have a display screen on the dashboard for my navigation, rear camera and dash cam need...Duster's HU placement in terms Navigation use is very bad and its difficult to keep looking down for Navigation assistance.

Now coming back to HU, Alpine CDE W265 BT meets my expectation in terms of all the audio requirements. However would be great if anyone can suggest a better HU in this price bracket.

Thanks.
Old 11th May 2018, 15:08   #13632
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepilot View Post
Even I have a Pioneer 80 PRS lying unopened in a box for last 6 months. Unable to decide over a decent set of speakers and amp to pair it with.
Can you share the costs of the speakers and Amp which you've mentioned? And also where can they be sourced from?
Sorry for replying so late, I was going to buy the stuff from the states and have a friend bring them down, but then since I would have to wait for too long, I decided to go a different route. Bought a used pair of Audison Voce AVK6 speakers for 13k which I will use in the front now, I've got that, my 80prs and a ported dual coil Pioneer subwoofer. Now I am on the lookout for either a 4channel and a monoblock along with a pair of decent not too expensive 5.25" coaxials for the rear fill, or 2 4 channel amps so I can power everything. As far as the 4 channel amp goes I'm currently looking at the Focal auditor 4340 which is coming upto 7k seems like a decent buy.
Old 12th May 2018, 14:56   #13633
M35
BHPian

I am thinking of getting an under-seat powered Su-woofer for my Skoda Yeti. The OE set up is great with good quality and clarity, but lacks that extra bass to my liking. I have two in my list
  • Alpine PWE-V80
  • JBL BassPro Sl 8
I am inclined towards the Alpine as it seems to have much better build quality and arguably better performance. I am not looking to break the window glasses, but will need that low range clean bass, even at low volume settings.
Which should be a better bet and any other to consider in the price range ( Around Rs.15-18k) ?
Old 14th May 2018, 18:37   #13634
M35
BHPian

Looks like no real interest in under-seat stuff here. I also get a feeling that I might not get the real bass (tight booom) with these hide-away powered sub-woofers.

BTW, happened to bump in to this - spare tyre mount powered subwoofer. I am hearing it for the first time. Further research lead me in to the fact that some high end cars come equipped with this set-up. The pictures below are for reference. These could be mounted inside the spare wheel. They are not really cheap ( around Rs.30-35k), but they are completely concealed and expect the performance good too. Worth it ?

The Volkswagen OE

Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!-spare-tire-woofer.png

One from Alpine

Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!-spare-tire-woofer-2.png

Last edited by M35 : 14th May 2018 at 18:39.
Old 14th May 2018, 19:43   #13635

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35 View Post
Looks like no real interest in under-seat stuff here...........
I am not as knowledgeable as the gurus but here are my 2 cents:

1. Go for a ported box sub if boot space is not your concern. Nothing can beat that. Also, bigger the better.

2. If boot space cannot be sacrificed, under-seat subs are a very good option. You can find members here who have installed these in their hatches (i20, punto, etc) to SUVs (Scorpio, yeti, etc) and they are happy with them. Blaupunkt seems a popular choice.

At the end, it is your decision according to your priority. Finally, I can suggest that if you go to a good installer they may be able to give you an audition in your car of how an under-seat sub would sound.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks