Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2018, 13:02   #13651
BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

I am using a single hand 10 yr old Toyota Corolla. I want to replace the existing HU with one which has Bluetooth connectivity to take calls on my phone (using an i-phone 7). That's my prime requirement. I do not want to change the speakers. Other good to have things shall be Double din and touch screen.My budget is 7-8 k ( I have not purchased any HU since the last 10 yrs,so pardon me if my budget is still stuck in the last decade).Please recommend me a good HU for the above requirements.
Old 10th July 2018, 14:57   #13652
Senior - BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortShifter View Post
My question would be what is the next best option the aftermarket way with Stock HU & Factory Amp, preferably 6.5 Inch Component speakers Setup available in Indian market that would atleast match or come close to the Factory Dynaudio setup on each of the 4 doors as of now. Pointers i was seeking were i. Good Clarity, ii. Good Mids, iii. Good Bass as i mostly listen to Trance music.
For Trance i had Alpine SPX PRO installed in my previous XUV. Mids of SPX were to die for. There was a time when my Sub was not working and Alpines didnt let me miss it too much. Not sure if they are still available or maybe they were replaced by something else so check them out.

Alternate would be DLS. They too are known for good mid's and they have vast line up. Other brands you can look for is AudioFrog, BLAM, ETON, Rainbow etc. They all start with decent price and goes up till Dynaudio range.
nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2018, 21:24   #13653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
I am using a single hand 10 yr old Toyota Corolla. I want to replace the existing HU with one which has Bluetooth connectivity to take calls on my phone (using an i-phone 7). That's my prime requirement. I do not want to change the speakers. Other good to have things shall be Double din and touch screen.My budget is 7-8 k ( I have not purchased any HU since the last 10 yrs,so pardon me if my budget is still stuck in the last decade).Please recommend me a good HU for the above requirements.
If bluetooth connectivity is primary driver, you could try the bluetooth receiver for toyota corolla altis from amazon. You'd have to forget the touchscreen though. Here is the link

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B079D8LG58/...v_ov_lig_dp_it
topedgemonk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2018, 10:23   #13654
BHPian

Thanks. I never knew I can convert my 10 yr old Pioneer HU into bluetooth compatible model.Hope it pairs with the Iphone, because they are a bit finicky (i phone bluetooth)

Last edited by inder : 12th July 2018 at 10:24.
Old 12th July 2018, 10:54   #13655
Senior - BHPian

Get a BT 3.0 receiver. the 2.1 have crap audio quality
Old 16th July 2018, 09:40   #13656
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys,

Just bought a city 2014 with the mapmyindia icenav 301 installed. I am absolutely hating the system for the following reasons

Tangling wires for GPS locator and mic
Rattle noise from HU in the dashboard
Broken panel surrounding the touch screen
Poor touch sensitivity of the screen
Inactive stock USB and Aux (the HU USB and Aux work though)
No maps, I think the owner has taken the card with maps
Rear view camera added, the clarity is not as good as OEM.

I like my cars stock and would like to revert to stock system.

What are your suggestions guys? Should I revert to stock system? If not, how do I make this system livable?
Old 16th July 2018, 10:14   #13657
BHPian

Hi guys,
I'm planning to upgrade the stock head unit of my 2018 swift Zxi to a touchscreen unit. I'm mostly looking under 30k and I have come across two options
1. Pioneer AVH-Z5190BT.
https://pioneer-india.in/buy/car-ent...s/avh-z5190bt/
2. Sony XAV-AX5000

The clear advantage of sony is it has capacitive touch screen which is why I'm inclining more towards it. I'm also planning on installing a subwoofer and an amp so would like to know which is the better option out of the two.
Old 16th July 2018, 10:16   #13658
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
1) Bluetooth connectivity to take calls on my phone (using an i-phone 7).
2) I do not want to change the speakers.
3) Double din
4) touch screen
5) budget is 7-8 k
Since 1 & 2 are must and 4 & 5 are optional, my suggestion would be
- Get a single Din HU with Bluetooth connectivity. Price starts from 5k (Pioneer MVH-289BT, deck-less model) or a 2 din without touch (Pioneer ) for less than 10k
- Touch screen with BT function HUs will cost upwards of 10k (I got Blaupunkt San Marino for little less than 10k)

Quote:
Originally Posted by topedgemonk View Post
If bluetooth connectivity is primary driver, you could try the bluetooth receiver for toyota corolla altis from amazon.
Pardon my ignorance, is this the one which needs to be connected to the AUX port? If so, the downside is one should always keep the HU in AUX mode, else play music through disc, Radio or USB and switch to AUX when we get calls.
Old 16th July 2018, 10:37   #13659
BHPian

Got the bluetooth 3.0 reciever for 400/-. Primary requirements fulfilled without spending much vitamin M. Thanks team.
Old 18th July 2018, 11:31   #13660
Senior - BHPian

I could not find latest relevant information, so asking here, this is for my boss's Corolla Altis, he has the higher end version, so he does not want to change the In dash unit.

What he needs is a system within a budget of 30 thousand.

2 component speakers in the front

2 Ovals in the rear parcel tray

An amplifier to run this setup, he is quite an audiophile so something which goes in this budget as well as gives exceptional sound quality, anything in the JBL range that fits the bill which BHP'ians can recommended would be highly appreciated.
Old 18th July 2018, 13:55   #13661
BHPian

Recently I upgraded RCD310 in my VW Vento 1.6 MPI Highline with Pioneer AVH-Z5190BT. Earlier I had upgraded both front & rear stocks speakers and also added a sub woofer. My current setup is as below -

HU - AVH-Z5190BT
Amplifier - Blaupunkt GTA 470 SF
Front Speakers - Morel Tempo components
Rear Speakers - Morel Maximo (Co-axials)
Sub woofer - Focal (1200 watts) - Enclosed box in trunk

Right now I am playing around for the best tuning. Would like advice on if the current configuration of the system is rightly done or there is any room for improvement. I would like a clear sound with tight bass vs a boomy sound.

Amp settings

Installation in boot

Subwoofer
Bass - 0db
Low Pass - Approx. 90Hz?
How much should be the gain?

Front Speakers
Bass - 0db
High Pass - 80Hz
How much should be the gain?

HU Crossover Settings

Front Speakers

How much should be the ideal slope?

Rear Speakers

Subwoofer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyak_ss View Post
1. Pioneer AVH-Z5190BT.
2. Sony XAV-AX5000

The clear advantage of sony is it has capacitive touch screen which is why I'm inclining more towards it. I'm also planning on installing a subwoofer and an amp so would like to know which is the better option out of the two.
Specification-wise both the systems are capable. For your subwoofer requirement, you will need 3 RCS outs in HU. Both the shortlisted HUs have them. Moreover, both of them have Android Auto which is a big convenience. Time Alignment feature in Pioneer could be a differentiator. You will lose on it if you choose to go with Sony. Of course if you care for that. I have Pioneer AVH-Z5190BT installed in my Vento and I am happy with it. Sound quality is fabulous. I haven't heard Sony though.
Attached Thumbnails
Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!-img_20180718_091409.jpg  

Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!-img_20180718_091404.jpg  

Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!-img_20180718_091506.jpg  

Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!-img_20180718_091415.jpg  

Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!-img_20180718_091553.jpg  

Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!-img_20180718_091606.jpg  

Last edited by bblost : 18th July 2018 at 14:16. Reason: back 2 back
nexus is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th July 2018, 13:58   #13662
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
An amplifier to run this setup, he is quite an audiophile so something which goes in this budget as well as gives exceptional sound quality, anything in the JBL range that fits the bill which BHP'ians can recommended would be highly appreciated.
Amp: Blaupunkt GTA 470 DSP
Comps: Morel Maximo 6
Coax: Morel Coax

Should be around 30K for all. Cheapest audiophile upgrade i can think of.
nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2018, 15:32   #13663
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Amp: Blaupunkt GTA 470 DSP
Comps: Morel Maximo 6
Coax: Morel Coax

Should be around 30K for all. Cheapest audiophile upgrade i can think of.
Thank you, anything in JBL that can be recommended? He is more of a JBL fan and has an inclination to go for JBL's.
Old 18th July 2018, 15:51   #13664
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Thank you, anything in JBL that can be recommended? He is more of a JBL fan and has an inclination to go for JBL's.
Amplifier: JBL GX-A604 (4- Channel) = ~₹12K
Components: JBL GTO 609C = ~₹6.7K
Coaxials: JBL GTO939 (6 x 9) = ~₹10K

Total: ~₹29,000

All prices are to be taken as an estimate. Picked the prices from Amazon.in.

EDIT:

I have no experience with any of these suggestions. Just browsed and picked them.

Last edited by a4anurag : 18th July 2018 at 15:53.
Old 19th July 2018, 09:42   #13665
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexus View Post
Recently I upgraded RCD310 in my VW Vento 1.6 MPI Highline with Pioneer AVH-Z5190BT. Earlier I had upgraded both front & rear stocks speakers and also added a sub woofer. My current setup is as below -

HU - AVH-Z5190BT
Amplifier - Blaupunkt GTA 470 SF
Front Speakers - Morel Tempo components
Rear Speakers - Morel Maximo (Co-axials)
Sub woofer - Focal (1200 watts) - Enclosed box in trunk...
Nice setup.
Does the OPS display and steering wheel control work with this head unit? And how much did it cost? Sounds like a worthy upgrade from RCD330g if you want car play or AA.
ventoman is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks