Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2021, 14:26   #14131
BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Sharing some more pictures of this installation. The frame fits quite well and it does not have the projected look that I thought it would have.Attachment 2102035Attachment 2102036
That's awesome. How does it look from the side? The trim looks to be protruding.

How have you mounted the various inputs? the USB, AUX etc.?
Old 7th January 2021, 08:01   #14132
BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

Quote:
Originally Posted by viXit View Post
The USP of some of the head units like the AX-5000 is the high power output from the head unit, but that's not needed for you since you have a separate amplifier. You can go with the other options in such a case.

Wireless carplay audio quality is not as good as wired. Don't sacrifice quality for comfort.

Yes, damping is indeed the upgrade that gives you most improvement. the returns will be lesser since your car is a well built skoda, but definitely a good improvement if damped well.

How are you running everything on only 4 channels? is the head unit running the rear speakers?

Congrats on the upgrade!

As the law of diminishing returns follows, the first few bucks you spend on your speakers amp etc will give you the most returns in terms of audio quality. As you are experiencing now.
Changing the head unit will definitely improve sound quality. It also opens A PLETHORA of tuning options like crossovers, EQ, time alignment, individual speaker volume control, Presets and open up more ways of connecting to the car for better quality audio. But in your case it will improve your output since you can now use low level input instead of high level like you are now. But the existing once doesn't seem to have that bad quality, so the quality might not be THAT evident. But when you tune it to your tastes you'll love it.

Have you looked at the rcds displays with android auto and apple carplay? they will go better with the look of the car since they are designed for the VW/SKODA family interiors. Mod Gannu_1 and many others have succesfully retrofitted them in their VAG cars.

But the more expensive aftermarket headunits will definitely give you much better performance like faster boot up times, extremely snappy and quick user interface, ability to connect more sources, few more tuning options and overall quality..[/list]
Thank you for your detailed responses viXit, appreciate it!

Agree, the AX5000 HU’s USP is high power output, incidentally it is also where Sony starts to offer the capacitative touch screens. The lower priced ones offer resistive touch screen only.

There seems to be a supply issue with the pioneer HU, or probably it is due for an update, not a lot of places seem to have it in stock. Also, some of the online reviews mentioned the touch response on the pioneer one seems to be not great as it is resistive again.

Although the Blaupunkt one seems to fit the bill, I’m worried it might not do much to improve sound quality from the stock HU. But it does offer most value considering its price.

I’m leaning towards the Sony one, let’s see how that goes. Not too keen on the RCDS ones as they seem to be too much of a hassle to install & might not give as much flexibility with settings as the aftermarket ones do.

Thanks again for all your inputs!
Old 7th January 2021, 14:11   #14133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhas_raj View Post
Thank you for your detailed responses viXit, appreciate it!
Happy to help! just keep us posted with pictures and more details.

Quote:
Agree, the AX5000 HU’s USP is high power output, incidentally it is also where Sony starts to offer the capacitative touch screens. The lower priced ones offer resistive touch screen only.
Please consider the ease of use of a touch screen in a moving car, a sensitive touch screen would mean a touch being registered easily. A resistive touch screen means a mere touch would not set it off, you will press harder to confirm. It has helped me immensely in my drives. The AC controls in my honda city are touch based and it's really irritating when I touch something that I don't want to when I hit a bump.

Quote:
There seems to be a supply issue with the pioneer HU, or probably it is due for an update, not a lot of places seem to have it in stock. Also, some of the online reviews mentioned the touch response on the pioneer one seems to be not great as it is resistive again.
Have you looked at Kenwood?

Quote:
Although the Blaupunkt one seems to fit the bill, I’m worried it might not do much to improve sound quality from the stock HU. But it does offer most value considering its price.
More often than not, what appears as better value is because of cost cutting in internal components. I used to have a blaupunkt head unit in my car and it had too many problems. The touch screen, the buttons, the volume, I swore never to go near blaupunkt again. Visit an installer and try to gauge the feel of the system.

Quote:
I’m leaning towards the Sony one, let’s see how that goes. Not too keen on the RCDS ones as they seem to be too much of a hassle to install & might not give as much flexibility with settings as the aftermarket ones do.
That is true, I'm just a sucker for an OEM look
Once you get over the not-stock look of the aftermarket head unit, it's all good things from there!
Keep us updated with the search sir.

Last edited by BlackPearl : 7th January 2021 at 15:48. Reason: More than 2 smileys. Thanks.
viXit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2021, 14:32   #14134
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Sharing some more pictures of this installation. The frame fits quite well and it does not have the projected look that I thought it would have.
Do post some images with better quality and avoid glare from the screen. I want to see how it is in day time.

Also have you applied any screen protector to the HU?
Old 8th January 2021, 02:11   #14135
BHPian

Gurus need some advice on upgrading from rockford fosgate comps in the front and kicker audio at the rear. This is a 2015 city with stock system paired to a pioneer 4 channel bridge able amp. Options I am getting are Audiocircle (10k a pair) and Aries(15k a pair) but tbh I don’t find these brands value for money and they come without an mrp so one doesn’t know what one is paying. Also he won’t let me test them out and I didn’t push since I wasn’t too sure either. I am pretty happy with the sound signature most Bose systems give. Need very tight bass and crisp vocals. I am leaning towards the infinity but have zero experience with them.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 8th January 2021 at 09:27. Reason: edited
Old 8th January 2021, 06:58   #14136
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karan_n8 View Post
Options I am getting are Audiocircle (10k a pair) and Aries(15k a pair) but tbh I don’t find these brands value for money and they come without an mrp so one doesn’t know what one is paying. Also he won’t let me test them out and I didn’t push since I wasn’t too sure either. I am pretty happy with the sound signature most Bose systems give. Need very tight bass and crisp vocals. I am leaning towards the infinity but have zero experience with them.
Aries is under Audible Physics speakers and pretty well known so no issues at all.

Do let me know the desired budget then options can be suggested.
Old 8th January 2021, 12:43   #14137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Aries is under Audible Physics speakers and pretty well known so no issues at all.

Do let me know the desired budget then options can be suggested.
Sir would like to stay inside of 15k for the two pairs.
Old 8th January 2021, 13:57   #14138
BANNED

Quote:
Sir would like to stay inside of 15k for the two pairs.
I'll suggest you to get components for the front and coaxials for the rear.

You can look at JL Audio C1-650 and C1-650x or DB Drive too. Morel Tempo series also should have some options available.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 14:52   #14139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I'll suggest you to get components for the front and coaxials for the rear.

You can look at JL Audio C1-650 and C1-650x or DB Drive too. Morel Tempo series also should have some options available.
Sir which one of these would offer the best clean and tight bass? I haven’t heard any of these and unfortunately the local installers don’t have these.
Old 8th January 2021, 21:37   #14140
BANNED

Quote:
Sir which one of these would offer the best clean and tight bass? I haven’t heard any of these and unfortunately the local installers don’t have these.
I have heard to JL ones other than Audible Physics Avatar and Tandav series speakers, bass was good enough in JL's speakers.

Most local ones in Delhi will have JL Audio in stock.
Old 13th January 2021, 12:50   #14141

Modification to infotainment dash for Honda Amaze (2013 version)

Hi All,
I have a Honda Amaze (bought it in 2013); petrol - do not remember the variant, but I think it is the 3rd of the 4 variants available then. The infotainment section is pretty basic - analog knobs for AC, music. I am looking to upgrade this to a digital one. Any suggestions on some good workshops in Chennai who can do this and any suggestions on the brand I should go for? Sony, Panasonic, etc.?

Is it even possible in the first place?

Appreciate any inputs please.

Thanks,
Rishi
Old 13th January 2021, 14:22   #14142
BHPian

Re: Modification to infotainment dash for Honda Amaze (2013 version)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishimad View Post
Hi All,
I have a Honda Amaze (bought it in 2013); petrol - do not remember the variant, but I think it is the 3rd of the 4 variants available then. The infotainment section is pretty basic - analog knobs for AC, music. I am looking to upgrade this to a digital one. Any suggestions on some good workshops in Chennai who can do this and any suggestions on the brand I should go for? Sony, Panasonic, etc.?

Is it even possible in the first place?

Appreciate any inputs please.

Thanks,
Rishi
Folks will be able to respond appropriately on the upgrade if you have a budget in mind.
Old 13th January 2021, 15:01   #14143

Re: Modification to infotainment dash for Honda Amaze (2013 version)

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashantuchil View Post
Folks will be able to respond appropriately on the upgrade if you have a budget in mind.
Of course Would like to stay within 15K.

Thanks!
Old 13th January 2021, 16:36   #14144
BHPian

Advise for Creta Base

Hello All,

Trying to search through this vast thread and couldn't come to a conclusion on what setup would be best fit our requirements. Hence the post. Would greatly appreciate if an direction can be provided for the below requirements.

Looking for a setup recommendations for Creta E something around 60-70k(have an contingency of another 10k if needed). Applecarplay and Android auto is must, preferably an 9in HU (as creta has a big interface face).Not a big audiophile, but sucker for crisp and tight sound.

Best,
Krishna
Old 13th January 2021, 20:41   #14145
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishimad View Post
I am looking to upgrade this to a digital one. Any suggestions on some good workshops in Chennai who can do this and any suggestions on the brand I should go for? Sony, Panasonic, etc.?
Do mention what is the budget for this job so the recommendations can pour in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldk2 View Post
Looking for a setup recommendations for Creta E something around 60-70k (have an contingency of another 10k if needed). Apple carplay and Android auto is must, preferably an 9in HU (as creta has a big interface face). Not a big audiophile, but sucker for crisp and tight sound.
HU: Sony XAV-AX8000 (~30K)

Front components: Morel Tempo Ultra (20K), Polk dB+ 6502 (8K), JL Audio C2-650 (23K), Focal Access 165AS (13K), Focal Expert PS165V1 (23K)

Rear coaxial: Morel Maximo 6C (4K), Polk dB+ 652 (4K), JL Audio C1-650x (7K), Focal Access 165AC (9K), Alpine SPS-610 (4K)

Amplifier: Pioneer GM D8704 (~14K) /Pioneer GM-E7004 (~6K)

Subwoofer: Is it required?

Wiring: Blaupunkt 4ga amplifier wiring kit (7K)

The above are the choices and many more available. So please try and audition a few before deciding on the setup.

PS: Prices are approximate. In reality you will get a good discount.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks