Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2021, 13:41   #14191
Senior - BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
All things are working well, except that the reverse camera has 8 LED lights which are on all the time as they are connected to the ACC. Is there anyway only the lights can be switched off without disconnecting the camera? These lights are very bright and could be distracting to drivers behind me. I'm even thinking of painting the lights black or fixing tape on it. please advise.
Quoting myself, The problem went away by itself. Last 2 days the LED lights are not alit. Perhaps they burned out? 2 of the LEDs seem to have bulged a bit.
One issue is that the camera quality seems to have worsened when the LEDs went out. There is blurring of the image.
Perhaps the camera is not meant to be powered all the time and is failing? Can anyone suggest a bumper camera which can be powered all the time one's driving?
Old 19th April 2021, 21:35   #14192
BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

I am looking to upgrade speakers in my AStar
Headunit is Pioneer DEH-X4690bt/

No amp is being planned nor are components! All 4 doors have 1 layer damping.

All 4 doors will have same coaxials. Speaker choices are:
DLS Audio M226 (motorconcept quotes 7000 per pair)

Morel Maximo 6C
(Motorogue has them for 4000 per pair) Will explore karol bagh once delhi repoens

Infinity Reference REF-6522ix Coaxial Car Speakers (Amazon Appario is selling for 4474 per pair)

Also looking for underseat sub, options are:

Pioneer TS-WX130EA - Custom Sounds is quoting 9500 Rs

MBQ AUDIO AW-10E 10" Active Underseat Subwoofer - (motorconcept quotes 13000 Rs)

Infinity Basslink Mini 6x8 Underseat Subwoofer (100W RMS 200W Peak)

Need your expert opinion. Sund should be as sweet/warm as possible, Max budget is 30000 Rs as of now.

Last edited by Mohitkumaar : 19th April 2021 at 21:37. Reason: Added budget
Old 21st April 2021, 21:34   #14193
BHPian

I am looking to upgrade the music experience in my car.

Songs I listen to: Mostly old hindi and bengali songs. I like clarity and treble more than bass.

Budget: 25k

Car: Swift zxi+

*The stock head unit not to be changed at any cost.
*I live in such a place where car accessories shops only stock Sony speakers. So mostly I will buy the products online and get them installed from MASS.

I am waiting for the suggestion from experts. Thanks in advance.
Old 21st April 2021, 21:55   #14194
BANNED

Quote:
Can anyone suggest a bumper camera which can be powered all the time one's driving?
Look at camera's from Blaupunkt too. They don't have any LED's in them though and not sure if they can survive being ON always.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indrasis_gun View Post
Budget: 25k

*The stock head unit not to be changed at any cost.
*I live in such a place where car accessories shops only stock Sony speakers. So mostly I will buy the products online and get them installed from MASS.

I am waiting for the suggestion from experts. Thanks in advance.
Is this budget for speakers + amplifier included?

If yes, look at Stetsom IR 400.4 amplifier (4 channel). Speakers you can add components at the front and coaxial at the rear. For Speakers: Focals, Morel Tempo series, Blam, Alpine

For buying online, look at https://www.motorogue.in/

PS: I have no affiliation with the website. Just sharing to help a BHPian.

Last edited by a4anurag : 21st April 2021 at 22:22. Reason: Website link corrected!
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2021, 09:19   #14195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Look at camera's from Blaupunkt too. They don't have any LED's in them though and not sure if they can survive being ON always.
I am thinking of buying the Blaupunkt BC DH02. Only things I'm not sure of are if the connectors - Power and RCA are same as generic and whether it will fit in the same hole. Are these things standardized?
(The previous one was Adeptt AD-Rev)
Old 22nd April 2021, 10:29   #14196
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

For buying online, look at https://www.motorogue.in/
Just so everyone knows. Motorogue is not shipping till May.
Old 22nd April 2021, 11:38   #14197
BANNED

Quote:
I am thinking of buying the Blaupunkt BC DH02. Only things I'm not sure of are if the connectors - Power and RCA are same as generic and whether it will fit in the same hole. Are these things standardized?
Power connection might be through a pigtail harness. Camera feed input will be through RCA. For dimensions, check their website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohitkumaar View Post
Just so everyone knows. Motorogue is not shipping till May.
Yes. There is a banner saying the same when one opens their website.
Old 5th May 2021, 20:16   #14198
BHPian

Hi everyone, need an advice. I am getting a Sony XMN-1004 apmlifier at a pretty good rate. Wanted to know folks experience here with that amp.

The intended purpose is to use in an AStar connected to basic comps up front and similar coaxial at rear. The HU is a JVC KD-R881BT. The speakers havent been decided yet - but will probably be MTX TR65S up front and Helix L 6X at the rear doors.

Any information on how good/bad the sony amp is would be highly welcome!

Had asked the same in another thread (Queries in 'Ask the gurus' section). Bumping it here since I did not get a response there.
Old 2nd June 2021, 07:59   #14199
BHPian

Need a help to chose the 1st audio upgrade
Car: VW Ameo
Budget: 8-10K

Options:
1. JBL GTO 609C Component Speakers (Rs. 8000/-)
2. Pioneer TS C501N Component Speakers (Rs. 3500/-) + Pioneer 2 CH AMP (Rs. 4000/-)
3. Infinity Alpha 650C Component Speakers (Rs. 4300/-) + Pioneer 2 CH AMP (Rs. 4000/-)
4. Infinity Ref6520CX Component Speakers (Rs. 7000/-)
5. Blaupunkt Active Subwoofer GTB 8200A (Rs. 8000/-)
6. Morel Maximo 6 coaxial front speakers (Rs. 6500/-)
7. Helix L 62C Component Speakers (Rs. 6000/-)
Old 2nd June 2021, 08:21   #14200
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
Need a help to chose the 1st audio upgrade
Car: VW Ameo
Budget: 8-10K
Morel Maximo 6 is cheaper than what you mentioned. You can get Morel Maximo components (front) and coaxials (rear) for 11k.

Check out this link for Morel Maximo Coaxials. It's only 4k for a pair.

https://www.motorogue.in/products/sp...mo-coax-6.html

It would be great if you also go with door damping along with speaker upgrade.
Dr.Naren is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2021, 08:27   #14201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Morel Maximo 6 is cheaper than what you mentioned. You can get Morel Maximo components (front) and coaxials (rear) for 11k.
It would be great if you also go with door damping along with speaker upgrade.
Do you have a link for the Combo of Morel Maximo Components + Coaxials? Rear seats are always unoccupied so I can go for only the Morel Component speakers.
Being a VW, I feel they are decent with cutting out N& V from outside. Good damping sheets are costly and the cheapest ones really make no sense. I had Wruth damping on my Figo, regret it. Would have rather spent to upgrade Figo's audio setup than that.
Old 2nd June 2021, 08:42   #14202
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Do you have a link for the Combo of Morel Maximo Components + Coaxials? Rear seats are always unoccupied so I can go for only the Morel Component speakers.
I don't have a link for Morel components. It's out of stock online. I suggest you to get in touch with the Morel audio importer. It's Supreme-India, Delhi.

Quote:
Being a VW, I feel they are decent with cutting out N& V from outside. Good damping sheets are costly and the cheapest ones really make no sense.
You can get front components and damp only the front doors. You should be able to do it by using at least 4 sheets, won't cost you more than 4-5k.
Old 2nd June 2021, 11:57   #14203
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Do you have a link for the Combo of Morel Maximo Components + Coaxials?
Maximo 6 Components are available online at Supreme India. They are the current importers for Morel.

Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!-screenshot_20210602115448__01__01.jpg

https://supreme-india.com/index.php?...product_id=294

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 2nd June 2021 at 11:58.
Old 9th June 2021, 12:23   #14204

Suggestions for Stereo and Component speakers upgrade for KIA Seltos

Greetings to all. My name is Faisal Rasheed Lone and I am from Srinagar J&K. I have been a Team-Bhp follower since long but posted only once in the forums. I need a few suggestions from all the experts here as I am too confused to make a decision myself.

I own a KIA Seltos HTE bought in October 2020 and has done 10555 kms since then. Really happy with the car except a few things like a tad stiff suspension and extra lumbar support for the front seats. Have been thinking of upgrading some stuff on my Seltos and the first priority is the music system. Will upgrade in stages and am currently on a limited budget.

My Requirements

1. A decent touchscreen with good output that doesn't look out of place or too small.
  2. A pair of components that sound sweet , with adequate bass and really good vocals and treble as I am not a bass head.
  3. Good damping.
I have had a look over the internet and YouTube for various combos and have shortlisted some stereos and components as well. Need your valuable suggestions for the same.

My Shortlists

Here are some of the stuff that I have shortlisted, any recommendations and suggestions are welcome

For stereo

1. Blaupunkt key largo 10.1 inches,
  2. MAxxlink 10 inches and
  3. Nakamichi 10 inches stereo.

For component speakers

1. Flux neo 260
  2. Avatar Buran CBR 620
  3. Steg Leo 650c

For Damping

1. CTK Gold
  2. Vibrofilter 1.8mm
I am currently getting Blaupunkt key largo 10.1 for 18k, Maxxlink 10 inches 4+64 for 14.5k and Nakamichi for 22k. AS far as components go, flux Neo 260 in Karol Bagh retails for around 10k, but I am getting it for 7K from a local known accessory shop. Steg LEO I am getting for Rs 7200 and Avatars for 5K.

I seriously need your valuable suggestions and recommendations for the same and as I wont be installing and amplifier right now, what would be the best setup for me considering my music taste. Also I need reviews regarding Auto Music Emporium in Karol bagh New Delhi if someone has any experience with them.

Thanks a lot. Eat Well, Stay Safe.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 9th June 2021 at 17:53. Reason: Only two emoticons per post please. Thanks.
Old 9th June 2021, 15:09   #14205
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Stereo and Component speakers upgrade for KIA Seltos

Component speakers - decide after audition, which is close to your expectation.

On the HU, I suggest to stay away from Android HUs based on my past experience. They tend to get slower and underperform in due time. Go for something from the mainstream brands (Pioneer, Sony, JVC, Kenwood, Blaupunkt) with Android Auto & Apple car play options.
Mr.Boss is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks