Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2005, 17:33   #1
BHPian

Cleaning the car CD player lens

How do you guys clean the car headunit lens? I was thinking of using the normal CD type lens cleaner (The one with a briush attached to the CD surface) but was not sure how it'd behave in the car player.
Old 8th July 2005, 17:47   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

There is no other option but the CD with brushes on it, and i think it will work just fine.
Offtopic:- I was having some problems with unwanted sounds from my tape player in the car. I use the cassttee adapter to play my ipod in the car and whenever the musics loud and i press the accelerator i get sounds from my speakers like how a turbo chargered car sounds, anyway i can stop this sounds? I tried using a casstee head cleaner but it didnt help as i doubt it has anythign to do with the head.
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2005, 18:00   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohit
How do you guys clean the car headunit lens? I was thinking of using the normal CD type lens cleaner (The one with a briush attached to the CD surface) but was not sure how it'd behave in the car player.
Do not put a Brush type cd lens cleaner in your Car head unit. it has a tendency to get jammed in the eject mechanism. Get it done at a service centre.
Sam Kapasi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2005, 18:02   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil
Offtopic:- I was having some problems with unwanted sounds from my tape player in the car. I use the cassttee adapter to play my ipod in the car and whenever the musics loud and i press the accelerator i get sounds from my speakers like how a turbo chargered car sounds, anyway i can stop this sounds? I tried using a casstee head cleaner but it didnt help as i doubt it has anythign to do with the head.
What you've got is alternator whine. It's a nightmare for most installers. In your case, it's the cassette adapter. Tell me, if you disconnect the i-pod, does the whine still persist?
If you use a normal music tape do you have whine? Any amps in the car?
Sam Kapasi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2005, 12:36   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

I have used 3 different cassette adapters and still the sound presists. I do have an amp in the car but i doubt it has anything to do with that coz when i play cds there is no such sounds. Even when the ipod is disconnected the whine remains, when i pause the ipod and go into higher rpms it gets really loud but once i play the ipod the music overlaps the whine but the whine still can be heard in the background.I havent ever played a normal tape... i will do the same and let u know but i dont think the whine comes with a normal tape.
Old 10th July 2005, 20:25   #6
BHPian

Alternator whine is a real bloody pain

Ans like sam said, do not use a brush lens cleaner in the car changer
more or less guaranteed to get jammed
Revvhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2005, 21:09   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

@Sam...I put a regular tape in today and the sound is not there.So its only with cassttee adapters that this whine comes. Please help, this sound is really annoying. 10x
Old 10th July 2005, 21:14   #8
BHPian

i think its the only thing(CD type lens cleaner ) available to clean the lens and if you use that it should not be a problem.
Vikas Mawandia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2005, 10:01   #9
Senior - BHPian

Sahil, the problem is with the earthing ...check with ur ground. I faced the same problem..and had to go to the level of selling my amp because of this. Check if the amp's earthing is proper. Its a big NIGHTMARE!!
Old 11th July 2005, 11:35   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
@Sam...I put a regular tape in today and the sound is not there.So its only with cassttee adapters that this whine comes. Please help, this sound is really annoying. 10x
Hey Sahil,

Sorry dude, not much can be done here. The only advice i would give you is to get a deck with an AUX input. Meanwhile, turn down the gains of your amp and turn up the volume of the tape deck. That should greatly reduce the sound.
Old 11th July 2005, 13:42   #11
Team-BHP Support

Maybe try other cassette adapters.
Old 11th July 2005, 14:19   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I have used 3 different cassette adapters and still the sound presists.

He has navin... see?
Old 11th July 2005, 15:08   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

I wish the AUX could be fitted onto my deck but unfortunatly its a tricky situation for the same. I have a clarion double din panel which came with my accord, my first option was to put an AUX as this would give best sound quality but my car accessory shop guy adviced me not to do the same he would have to do some souldering and cutting inside the panell to make an AUX outlet because the deck doesnt have one. The panel has a code error system because of which he said there is a great chance of everything getting messed up if we try and open it up to mess around, i didnt want to get anything done without a guarantee from him that its safe.
About the amp issue........i doubt its due to the amp as my amp is only connected to the woofer and not to any of my speakers.
Old 11th July 2005, 17:05   #14
Team-BHP Support

a ground loop is a ground loop. amplifiers amplify sound - any sound they can lay their circuits on. that is why sam asked you turn the gain of the amp down.
Old 2nd November 2008, 14:13   #15

cleaning the lens of a CD / DVD player

Can i use a philips DVD lens cleaner to clean the lens of my KENWOOD KDC-MP5039 HU. The player doesnt support DVD playback but i have noticed the philips DVD lens cleaner works in cd players also and i cant find philips cd lens cleaner anywhere in the market. Will the DVD lens cleaner be of any use in my unit ??? i have a doubt about the position of the cleaning brush of a DVD lens cleaner.....Please help

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks