Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2009, 14:11   #31
Senior - BHPian

Sssssshhhhh. Its a secret !!!

Yes the stuff has been shipped Will get it tomorrow as it is with the courier company.
Old 6th October 2009, 14:17   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankit_chd View Post
Oh come on , Keep DREAMING
Good luck with the tuning and TA then
Old 27th October 2009, 13:08   #33
BHPian

So where is the HU x693 pics,review and the updates.I am also looking to lay my hands on this HU.
Old 28th October 2009, 10:29   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithudigitised View Post
So where is the HU x693 pics,review and the updates.I am also looking to lay my hands on this HU.
Updates this weekend for sure , HU is there with my brother for past 20 days . Was very busy so couldn't go Delhi to pick it up . I am going this weekend , so reviews and pics coming up soooooon
Old 28th October 2009, 14:31   #35
aZa
Senior - BHPian

ankit you getting ur car along to delhi?
Old 28th October 2009, 21:42   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZa View Post
ankit you getting ur car along to delhi?

No , I am coming by bus. You wanted some audition ?

I don't think my car needs an audition , there are so many good sounding cars in Delhi
Old 3rd November 2009, 11:51   #37
BHPian

Well here are the first few pics of X693 .
Tuning has to be done , will be done soon .

For now Enjoy the pics
Attached Thumbnails
OHC gets an ICE Treatment-16438_303302725276_560955276_9484531_7401499_n.jpg  

OHC gets an ICE Treatment-16438_303660155276_560955276_9494295_6143422_n.jpg  

Old 3rd November 2009, 12:16   #38
BHPian

Congrats dude! on joining the TA club.
One can never go wrong with the Kenny's. Plus i hear the X693 is a great unit for the price! Look forward to an audition soon.
Old 3rd November 2009, 12:22   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelord View Post
Congrats dude! on joining the TA club.
One can never go wrong with the Kenny's. Plus i hear the X693 is a great unit for the price! Look forward to an audition soon.
Thanks thanks . Yea its VFM head-unit .
Yea let us tune it first then you can audition it anytime
Old 3rd November 2009, 12:46   #40
BHPian

Congrats on the fab setup. Give us an initial review on the x693. Have read a few good things about its BT.Am eagerly waiting for mine to arrive in the next couple of days.
Old 3rd November 2009, 17:22   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks thanks . Yea its VFM head-unit .
Yea let us tune it first then you can audition it anytime
Congrats Ankit, when are you giving me an audition and let me know when you are free for tuning!

Tomorrow might be your lucky day
Old 15th November 2009, 22:46   #42
BHPian

KDC-X693 Review

Guys its been almost a month now that i have been using Kenwood KDC-X693. Since the day i installed it, i can feel the difference in sound over my Pioneer DEH-6050UB. The midbass kick was more pronounced and there was better control over tweeter. Today got the chance to tune the setup properly (still a little tuning left) and now the setup sounds very very good.

Looks: 5/5
The HU is a looker. Big display, clean interface and sleek. The variable illumination adds to its looks.

Build: 4.5/5
The build quality is top notch. The knobs are way better than my previous Pioneer and not at all tacky.

Features / Usability: 4.75/5
Plenty of features to play around with. Few of them can even confuse you like DSP, Highway Sound. Though i have all of them off. Using iPod is a breeze with this HU compared to pioneer. Controlling ipod via HU is great, its just like using ipod for normal music listening. Some might get confused due to this new ipod navigation as its different when you browse files on CD or other USB devices.

TA was confusing as well as effective. There are quiet a few option for TA (preset and manual TA). We got confused while working with TA as you can set it via 2 menus. So still reading manual to see what is the correct way. Now i can't think of music in car without TA. It's a must have for music lovers.

Another great feature of this HU is Memory function. You can do all the settings on the HU and save them to memory. Next time if someone fiddles with the settings all you have to do it recall the memory position you saved to. I think you have save around 10 different settings and recall them one at a time. Favorite is another feature which i liked. You can add tracks / playlists to fav menu for easy access.

Other than this there is variable illumination, dimmer, HPF, LPF, 2 zone basic feature you will find in other kenwood HU's. Navigation compared to other kenwood HU's is very good as all the menus are under Function Menu.

Sound:
For me its an upgrade a big one over the pioneer. When i had pioneer the midbass kick was negligible, but with kenwood the midbass seems alive, the tweeter is more controlled / detailed and sub is playing tighter. TA has made things simpler too. No complaints in terms of SQ / sound.

Overall:
Overall i like the HU and don't regret it buying over likes of Clarion, P80. Even though it cannot compete with P80 when it comes to sound (as i have been told) it still offers more and is VFM, as i am an avid ipod user and can't live without it. Overall i am very happy with the purchase.

Last edited by ankit_chd : 15th November 2009 at 22:48.
Old 15th November 2009, 23:18   #43
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Guys its been almost a month now that i have been using Kenwood KDC-X693. Since the day i installed it, i can feel the difference in sound over my Pioneer DEH-6050UB. The midbass kick was more pronounced and there was better control over tweeter. Today got the chance to tune the setup properly (still a little tuning left) and now the setup sounds very very good.

Looks: 5/5
The HU is a looker. Big display, clean interface and sleek. The variable illumination adds to its looks.

Build: 4.5/5
The build quality is top notch. The knobs are way better than my previous Pioneer and not at all tacky.

Features / Usability: 4.75/5
Plenty of features to play around with. Few of them can even confuse you like DSP, Highway Sound. Though i have all of them off. Using iPod is a breeze with this HU compared to pioneer. Controlling ipod via HU is great, its just like using ipod for normal music listening. Some might get confused due to this new ipod navigation as its different when you browse files on CD or other USB devices.

TA was confusing as well as effective. There are quiet a few option for TA (preset and manual TA). We got confused while working with TA as you can set it via 2 menus. So still reading manual to see what is the correct way. Now i can't think of music in car without TA. It's a must have for music lovers.

Another great feature of this HU is Memory function. You can do all the settings on the HU and save them to memory. Next time if someone fiddles with the settings all you have to do it recall the memory position you saved to. I think you have save around 10 different settings and recall them one at a time. Favorite is another feature which i liked. You can add tracks / playlists to fav menu for easy access.

Other than this there is variable illumination, dimmer, HPF, LPF, 2 zone basic feature you will find in other kenwood HU's. Navigation compared to other kenwood HU's is very good as all the menus are under Function Menu.

Sound:
For me its an upgrade a big one over the pioneer. When i had pioneer the midbass kick was negligible, but with kenwood the midbass seems alive, the tweeter is more controlled / detailed and sub is playing tighter. TA has made things simpler too. No complaints in terms of SQ / sound.

Overall:
Overall i like the HU and don't regret it buying over likes of Clarion, P80. Even though it cannot compete with P80 when it comes to sound (as i have been told) it still offers more and is VFM, as i am an avid ipod user and can't live without it. Overall i am very happy with the purchase.
Well written review Ankit. Last time I was in your car "pre-tuning" it was quite an experience. Time for another audition then.
Old 16th November 2009, 23:41   #44
BHPian

Wow that was a nice and detailed review.

BTW can you post some better pics of the HU.
Old 17th November 2009, 06:18   #45
Senior - BHPian

Great Review, Ankit. I am getting one after reading your review Even i have a Pio 5050UB, Hope the difference is obvious for me

It truly is a great VFM package like the DXZ785USB

Where the clarion has its nose ahead (slightly) is in terms of sound tunning; However thats cleanly negated by the awesome looks and illumination effects the Kenny has

Enjoy and Post a few more Pics

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks