Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2009, 00:34   #1
BHPian

OHC gets an ICE Treatment

A lot of you might be aware of the fact that I started my ICE journey in Palio which i had to bid farewell in between the install
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...e-journey.html

Well the good news is "The Italian are out & Japanese are in"

I have started doing the install in my 7 Year OLD OHC. Well it still drives as good as it did 7 years ago. Its 1.3 90 BHP but still gives tough competition to cars costing 12+ lac (well one can confirm from the Skoda guy ).

The equipment is all same with a few changes here and there. Install is 98% done and just need to power up the system and tune it which will be done tomorrow. So the full install report will follow soon as i am very tired to write all that, till then enjoy the pictures and guess the equipment if it needs any guessing!

P.S. TBHP picture uploader is having some problem so unable to upload rest of the pics. Some watermark script problem :S
Attached Thumbnails
OHC gets an ICE Treatment-04092009306.jpg  

OHC gets an ICE Treatment-04092009307.jpg  

OHC gets an ICE Treatment-04092009308.jpg  

OHC gets an ICE Treatment-04092009309.jpg  

OHC gets an ICE Treatment-04092009310.jpg  

OHC gets an ICE Treatment-100_1680.jpg  

OHC gets an ICE Treatment-100_1681.jpg  

Last edited by ankit_chd : 6th September 2009 at 00:41.
Old 6th September 2009, 11:51   #2
BHPian

waiting for the rest of the pics
Old 6th September 2009, 13:26   #3
Senior - BHPian

Ankit we all had seen all these pics except the car boot pics so please update your thread little faster with the list of other equipments used.
Old 7th September 2009, 00:30   #4
BHPian

The Journey!

Note: Its going to be a long write up so sit back relax and get your pop corns and soft drinks.

The History
It all started a few months back when i was first introduced to TBHP ICE section. Everyone knows the ICE scene here at Chandigarh and what all products we get. I had ICE in my Palio but as i am a DJ for past few years and have worked on professional equipments i always felt that there is something (make that a lot) missing in my car. At that time i was using Blaupunk components, JBL 1204 D sub in slot ported box (designed by me according yo specs), Desi Alpine V12 amps x 2 and some MTX at the rear which gave away within a week of the install.

So while browsing TBHP ICE section i came across alot of music lovers like myself and ideas started to flow in. Had a lot of conversations over threads and PM with a lot of guys and got a lot of mixed reviews about different products, which ofcourse confused me a hell lot more on what to buy and what not to. Here is the thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...e-upgrade.html i started and which confused me.

During this i ordered a Hifonics 1208D Mono from US. Its sitting at my house since March 2009. Then i contacted some local TBHPians and luckily got hold of abhibh one fine day to audition his setup. Auditioned his car and it was a total bliss. Over the next few days had a lot of conversations over PM and a few more auditions in and around Chandigarh i found that tweeter position in my Palio was the culprit why i was not satisfied with any auditions i had.

A few months passed by as i had my exams and then again i was confused what to buy and what not. Auditioned few more components JBL Power Series, Infinity Kappa, MTX, Alpine Type R, iD CTX, Rainbow SAX etc. I was on a look out for new components & amp. Wanted a power full amp within 10-11K budget. So one fine day i bumped into a Panasonic CY-PA2003 for 9K. Consulted a few members including abhibh and bought the amp. Next was the components and sub. Auditioned a few subs but none of them was fast enough for my trance and techno music. I was at Delhi during August and made a quick stop at GYRO. Met Abhimanyu there and he helped me with auditons. Got to audition m4ugr8 (Manan - Hope i got your name right) and my jaw dropped. The music was so smooth and clear, soundstage was perfect, midbass was tight and good. I eventually ended up buying an iDv3 12". Wanted to buy Rainbow SLC but they are way out of my budget.

The Present
So after soming back from Delhi I with the help of Abhi started the install in my Palio 1.9D. Well you can read more about it here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...e-journey.html

It was sad to let go of Palio but then getting an OHC was an upgrade. So this weekend we started the install in my OHC and completed it yesterday except for tuning. The install and tuning is now done and here are the pics and what i feel about the equipment and music. There were a lot of obstacles during the install and thanks to Abhi and Shresth for overcoming them.

- My Blaupunkt components has a new life.

- iDv3 is a great sub woofer blends in perfectly, goes loud & low and is very fast for my trance music.

- All my doubts about overpowering and underpowering stuff are now cleared as i am feeding 200Wx2 RMS to my components. iD sub is getting 450W RMS.

- Hifonics Mono didn't let me down.

Thanks to Abhi, Shresth, Gunbir Paaji, Abhimanyu, M4ugr8 and other the members who helped me during my ICE journey.
Attached Thumbnails
OHC gets an ICE Treatment-100_1682.jpg  

OHC gets an ICE Treatment-100_1688.jpg  

OHC gets an ICE Treatment-100_1689.jpg  

OHC gets an ICE Treatment-100_1690.jpg  

OHC gets an ICE Treatment-100_1692.jpg  

OHC gets an ICE Treatment-100_1693.jpg  

OHC gets an ICE Treatment-100_1694.jpg  

OHC gets an ICE Treatment-100_1695.jpg  

OHC gets an ICE Treatment-100_1696.jpg  

OHC gets an ICE Treatment-100_1697.jpg  

OHC gets an ICE Treatment-100_1698.jpg  

OHC gets an ICE Treatment-100_1699.jpg  

OHC gets an ICE Treatment-100_1700.jpg  

OHC gets an ICE Treatment-100_1701.jpg  

OHC gets an ICE Treatment-100_1705.jpg  

OHC gets an ICE Treatment-100_1711.jpg  

OHC gets an ICE Treatment-100_1712.jpg  

OHC gets an ICE Treatment-100_1713.jpg  

OHC gets an ICE Treatment-100_1738.jpg  

OHC gets an ICE Treatment-100_1739.jpg  

Old 7th September 2009, 09:48   #5
Senior - BHPian

Hey congrats thats one nice setup there with ID you can't go wrong i am a hardcore fan of ID stuff.

Did you mentioned which HU are you using i am not able to make out ?
Power cable ? Brand
Damping ?
RCA ?

Was this a total DIY (with abhi) If yes looks pretty cool very nicely done.

Do post some more pics of the other stuff like HU,Compo damping.
Old 7th September 2009, 09:55   #6
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Ankit.

Guess abhibh has posted pics of your ID on his FB page
Old 7th September 2009, 10:40   #7
BHPian

Well yea , no1 can go wrong with an ID

Its loud , its fast, it goes low , its tight , i am very happy with the buy

Well Headunit is the weakest link of the system , its Pioneer 6050 , will be upgraded sooon
Old 7th September 2009, 11:00   #8
BHPian

Very neatly executed Ankit. Any damping done?
Old 7th September 2009, 11:05   #9
Senior - BHPian

Great setup. I remember member blue_raven having HIFONICS in his zen. Congrats.
Old 7th September 2009, 13:15   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyasma View Post
Very neatly executed Ankit. Any damping done?

Not yet brother , boot will be done asap . Well the doors are left till i get my new components
Old 7th September 2009, 13:20   #11
Senior - BHPian

Best sub to buy ID. What is the brand of wiring you are using? Also what was the price you were quoted for Rainbow SLC?
Old 7th September 2009, 13:23   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Best sub to buy ID. What is the brand of wiring you are using? Also what was the price you were quoted for Rainbow SLC?
Well i haven't asked for the rates yet as i might get them from US
Old 7th September 2009, 13:35   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankit_chd View Post
Not yet brother , boot will be done asap . Well the doors are left till i get my new components
Good going my friend.. Have fun
Old 8th September 2009, 00:27   #14
Senior - BHPian

Ankit i hope you are enjoying the setup. I would like to share something regarding the install & equipment

- You car needs to be damped specially the boot.

- Mounting the midbass was a tough job. The mounting depth of VPC 172 is a lot. We have to use heat gun (thanks to Shresth for the idea) on the door panel to make room for midbass. So midbass still can play better if we modify the panel.

- I feel kenwood 9104 is a better amp than Hifonics. I am not saying Hifonics is bad. For the price it was a steal. I liked the lighting effect on Hifonics

- I feel Panasonic amp is overrated and it heats up pretty fast.

- Blaupunkt VPC components are not at all bad for the price. Infact it beats JBL & MTX

P.S. Chirag you need to audition Ankits setup. Fix up time with him.
Old 8th September 2009, 22:38   #15
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Ah! So the thread was up while I was gone.

It was an amazing experience doing the install in the 3 days with you 2 guys! What a learning experience!

A few observations:-

-Installing the VPC midbass in the front is a pain. IMO, one should get a custom fiberglass panel made and retain the originals rather than slicing, dicing and heat guning them.

-That iD is a fricking awsome SUB (this is can say even though I'm a neeb at ICE)!

-Ankit's trunk seems to open up quite a lot!

-An old battered up 6050 head unit is a pain to work with.

-If you don't get dampening done in the boot, then the trunk (a.k.a VIBRATOR MACHINE) will break open someday.

-Any one trying to steal from this setup is gonna have the worst time of his life with the amount of screws it's been put up with.

Would like to end with a small observation. We ended up drinking about 10 litre coke in the 3 days of install. Long live the "kala pani" .

Enjoy.

Most Viewed