Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2009, 22:31   #1

Bass boosted ICE for New Refresh Scorpio 2.2 LX, Pls help!!!

Hello Everyone,

I'm joseph from chennai, just joined the Team bhp forum, Pls excuse me for my ignorance of my knowledge in ICE.But i have crazy love in listening to bass songs, its just that i want to get excellent bass from my scorpio especially the BASS, yes im a bass freak who normally listen to Hip-hop music and would like to make my SUV punch on the roads, just like we hear some cars punching on the roads from 2 streets away where we could feel that thump..you know what i mean right?

I just want to get the exact thumping on my car too..Maybe not 2 streets but atleast 1 street? OK i understand for that i need to get a good sub and amp along with good HU..My budget is 30k and i can even extend 5k for that thunderous bass..I really don't wanna compromise on bass..Since i'm a newbie here and not very well sure about the in depth of speaker, woofer technicals can you pls suggest me all the ICE components and their prices for that budget?

I'm really not aware of any of the ICE products in detail as its my first vehicle.And from the forum knowledge i came to know that Technokrat is the best place in chennai to get the ICE fitted..Is that true, any chennai guys?

Also Can we place a subwoofer under the middle seat in scorpio or only in the last row? If we place it last row should we compromise much on the leg space? pls help on this query guys...I really appreciate..thankyou.

Mods please excuse me for starting a new thread, since its for an suv i didnt get exactly any post for this budget..thx for understanding..
Old 11th September 2009, 13:14   #2
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by josephkarthic View Post
its just that i want to get excellent bass from my scorpio especially the BASS, yes im a bass freak who normally listen to Hip-hop music and would like to make my SUV punch on the roads, just like we hear some cars punching on the roads from 2 streets away where we could feel that thump..you know what i mean right?

My budget is 30k and i can even extend 5k for that thunderous bass..
Also Can we place a subwoofer under the middle seat in scorpio or only in the last row? If we place it last row should we compromise much on the leg space?.
Big bass means big bass boxes. So if you really want big bass you need to make room for 2 15" woofers and a monoblock that can put out atleast 600W.

The kind of bass you are looking for (to be heard 2 streets away) requires a lot of power being to fed to some pretty big woofers.
Old 11th September 2009, 14:40   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Big bass means big bass boxes. So if you really want big bass you need to make room for 2 15" woofers and a monoblock that can put out atleast 600W.

The kind of bass you are looking for (to be heard 2 streets away) requires a lot of power being to fed to some pretty big woofers.

Ok i think i was too much stupid in my previous post, Sorry its just my anxiousness, Ok To get a decent bass (no more streets play) Can you pls list out the ICE components for 30-35k budget in detail with price..

HU
AMp
Front speakers
REar speakers
Subwoofer
etc...

Pls help..
Old 11th September 2009, 17:21   #4
BHPian

There are a few threads of ICE options as per budgets etc written by our resident technical guru Navin, look them up and also go through a few show off threads to get an idea of brands available and prices.I am sure that will be of help

I think the rest is covered by Navin in that short and crisp post.

Cheers
Old 11th September 2009, 19:12   #5
Senior - BHPian

I think the cheapest way to get BASS heavy system is to get BassTube's (maybe 2 ) and connect them to a Mono. I am sure people will hear you from 2 blocks away.
Old 11th September 2009, 20:15   #6

Ok I think its maybe my poor english didnt convey exactly wht i wanted from you guys..im really sorry abt tht..Ive already searched many forums and found many have answered elaborately for this type of questions on 10 - 15k budgets..So i thought maybe ill also get some good products and price description for 35k budget..Its only bcoz of my lack of knowledge on products(like pioneer, jbl, alpne etc..)

Ok with my little knowledge i could get some products names but not the prices..Can you pls tell me is it good goin for it?

1)JBL GTO1514--Subwoofer

Warranty One Year
General
Power Handling, RMS 350W
Power Handling, Peak 1400W
Frequency Response 23Hz - 400Hz
Impedance 4 Ohms
Selectivity 93dB
Mounting Depth 6-13/16"
Cut-Out Diameter 13-5/16"

2)JBL T696 Limited--Speaker

Size: 6" x 9"
Type: 3-Way coaxial
Nominal Impedance: 4 Ohms
Power Handling, RMS: 150W
Power Handling, Peak: 600W
Tweeter-Level Control (0/–3dB): Yes
Tweeter-Protection (PTC): Yes
Sensitivity (@2,83V, 1m): 93dB
Frequency Response: 35Hz – 20kHz
Mounting Depth: 81mm

3) JBL P6563C--Component

128 x 64-Pixel LCD Display With Backlighting
# of Amplifier Channels
General
Power Handling, RMS 90 Watts
Power Handling, Peak 270 Watts
Sensitivity 94dB
Frequency Response (±3dB) 45Hz – 23kHz
Mounting Depth Woofer: 63mm; mid: 37mm; tweeter: 28mm
Diameter 87mm/165mm
Impedance 2 Ohms

4)JBL PX300.4--Amplifier

CEA Rated
Click here to learn about the new CEA2006 Amplifier Standard.
Power Output 123.5 watts RMS x 4 channels at 4 ohms
and = 1% THD + N

358 watts RMS x 2 channels at 4 ohms, 14.4V supply and = 1% THD + N
Signal-to-Noise Ratio 76.64 dBA (reference 1 watt into 4 ohms)
Dynamic Power 194 watts at 4 ohms
Effective Damping Factor 6.383 at 4 ohms
Frequency Response 16.6Hz – 500kHz (-3dB)
Maximum Input Signal 5.9 V
Maximum Sensitivity 250 mV
Output Regulation .39 dB at 4 ohms
Dimensions (H x W x D) 2-9/16" x 17" x 12-1/4"

5)Pioneer FH-P6050UB --HEad unit

Now guys there maybe lot of other products other than the above listed, Can youpls help me whther i shd go for these to get a good bass?

Pls help..i really dont wanna go and talk to audio installer knowing nothing about these things..

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranava999 View Post
There are a few threads of ICE options as per budgets etc written by our resident technical guru Navin, look them up and also go through a few show off threads to get an idea of brands available and prices.I am sure that will be of help

I think the rest is covered by Navin in that short and crisp post.

Cheers
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
I think the cheapest way to get BASS heavy system is to get BassTube's (maybe 2 ) and connect them to a Mono. I am sure people will hear you from 2 blocks away.
Old 11th September 2009, 20:23   #7
Senior - BHPian

Your selection looks good. The alternative to T696 is GTO 938 or GTO 947.
Old 12th September 2009, 12:02   #8
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Can you pls list out the ICE components for 30-35k budget in detail with price...
HU
AMp
Front speakers
REar speakers
Subwoofer
etc.....
Quote:
1)JBL GTO1514--Subwoofer

2)JBL T696 Limited--Speaker
3) JBL P6563C--Component
128 x 64-Pixel LCD Display With Backlighting ???

4)JBL PX300.4--Amplifier
CEA Rated
Click here to learn about the new CEA2006 Amplifier Standard.
Power Output 123.5 watts RMS x 4 channels at 4 ohms
and = 1% THD + N

5)Pioneer FH-P6050UB --HEad unit

Now guys there maybe lot of other products other than the above listed, Can youpls help me whther i shd go for these to get a good bass?
1. Stop googling and go listen to a few systems at various installers in your neighboourhood. Look at the way they work, neatness of install. organization etc.. it will tell you a lot.

2. I dont think the above will fit into a 35K budget. Besides I see no reason to srping for such nice 6x9s when you have a sub doing bass duty.

HU: 9K with 3 pre outs
Amp: 10K 100x4
Front components: 7K
Rear Coax: 4K
15" Subwoofer in box: 9K
Install with Wires (3K) and Damping (3K): 6K
--------
Total 45K

Some brands to consider.
HU: Pio/Kenwood/JVC
Amp: JBL 100.4/Blau/Pio 6300F
Speakers: JBL/GZ/Blau

Hope this helps
Old 18th September 2009, 10:59   #9

Quote:
1. Stop googling and go listen to a few systems at various installers in your neighboourhood. Look at the way they work, neatness of install. organization etc.. it will tell you a lot.

2. I dont think the above will fit into a 35K budget. Besides I see no reason to srping for such nice 6x9s when you have a sub doing bass duty.

HU: 9K with 3 pre outs
Amp: 10K 100x4
Front components: 7K
Rear Coax: 4K
15" Subwoofer in box: 9K
Install with Wires (3K) and Damping (3K): 6K
--------
Total 45K

Some brands to consider.
HU: Pio/Kenwood/JVC
Amp: JBL 100.4/Blau/Pio 6300F
Speakers: JBL/GZ/Blau

Hope this helps
Thanks for your reply Navin, that really helped a lot to know stuff..Sorry since im an amateur in car audio and never owned a car i dont have any source of knowledge other than team bhp..

As you said i can go to audio installers to see the practical work, but here in chennai everyone seems to be expensive..Like one of our team bhp friend has posted

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...ms-though.html

he did tht in technocrat, chennai which i feel is bit expensive (sorry if im still a dumb)..

Anyways my vehicle is to be delivered in 2 weeks time and if any beloved bhpian chennai installers can help me, it wud be great..Already i pm'ed 'Nitrous' as he is a chennai bhpian and he said he can help..expecting gr8 things from him..Really the joy being here is unspeakable.. especailly when waiting for something big ive never had and already having a trustworthy team to put in the best, im thankful to all of you guys..you rock

Last edited by Dippy : 18th September 2009 at 12:09. Reason: extra smilie
Old 18th September 2009, 12:03   #10
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Anyways my vehicle is to be delivered in 2 weeks time and if any beloved bhpian chennai installers can help me, it wud be great..Already i pm'ed 'Nitrous' as he is a chennai bhpian and he said he can help..expecting gr8 things from him..Really the joy being here is unspeakable.. especailly when waiting for something big ive never had and already having a trustworthy team to put in the best, im thankful to all of you guys..you rock
One humble request: Can we post in complete english sentences with no SMS slang. I had a hard time following this post - I am still not sure if I read the post correctly.
Old 18th September 2009, 12:18   #11

Apologize..

Quote:
One humble request: Can we post in complete english sentences with no SMS slang. I had a hard time following this post - I am still not sure if I read the post correctly.
Sorry, Sorry..What I was saying is I have booked the scorpio and it will be arriving in 2 weeks time. And I sent private message to a team bhpian here named "Nitrous" who lives in chennai after seeing his many posts on ICE, and he also replied that the chennai audio installers here can fleece me and said that he can help installing my ICE with his known installer who usually does his/team-bhpian cars..

I apologize for my poor english that made you go crazy , I wont use sms slang anymore..maybe im just learning english here along with ICE.thankyou.

Most Viewed