Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2010, 01:25   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie2400 View Post
Ohh thats really cool,so you got the box made remember our meet is long time due buddy,may be me and invisible can make out a plan for a meet and audition soon
Hey! really long time. Certainly we should meet up. PMed you my contact.
Old 9th May 2010, 03:07   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_sound View Post
WOW the bass is changed due o the boxes. Its become loud... but soft at the same time. Its become a mixture of SPL + SQL.

Woofers seem to be in much better control now.

Earlier box had a hammering sound.... it was great though, but felt like sound from chest.
These boxes a boomy, loud, soothing and it sounds like deep from within the stomach.

Will post videos in the appropriate section.

Invisible as per your suggestion i made got the ports designed.
That's sounds great! The enclosure plays important role, it can even make an avg sub sound good as long as it's build as per the specs of the sub. Hope you using the subsonic filter/HPF to control the excursion that way there could less mechanical noise or let's say sub will sound more cleaner.
How about some pics.
Old 9th May 2010, 10:45   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
That's sounds great! The enclosure plays important role, it can even make an avg sub sound good as long as it's build as per the specs of the sub. Hope you using the subsonic filter/HPF to control the excursion that way there could less mechanical noise or let's say sub will sound more cleaner.
How about some pics.
Ya i am doing something with the subsonic filter, but dont have much clue about it. All i know that changing the filter caused the woofer to go louder

Would upload pics sometime late this week as my camera is with my mom and she is travelling.
Old 10th May 2010, 17:03   #49
BHPian

hey,
i'm looking for an enclosure for 2 pioneer 307 D4 subs in delhi. who would be able to fabricate the calculated enclosure in delhi. it's for an alto. so the size has to be considered. if someone could get me in contact with the right person, that would be stellar.
cheers,
Old 11th May 2010, 02:17   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilMonSter View Post
hey,
i'm looking for an enclosure for 2 pioneer 307 D4 subs in delhi. who would be able to fabricate the calculated enclosure in delhi. it's for an alto. so the size has to be considered. if someone could get me in contact with the right person, that would be stellar.
cheers,
Will need some spec details on this. Like, what's the Fs, Qts, VAS, xmax, value of the sub and what music you listen to and how much power is available for them?
Old 11th May 2010, 07:24   #51
BHPian

Hi,

I want some help with my woofer setup.

I have two Polk DB series subs that pums out 720 watts RMS, in total, and have installed them in a sealed box. These two subs are powered by a Kenwood 9104-D mono amplifier. The problem is when I play them i hear the rattling of the boot lid and the number plate more and this is just disturbing.

The car is a ford fiesta. I had few suggestions from my friends, they are as follow please help me follow the right one.

1. Have the entire boot sound proofed
2. Sound proof only the boot lid with wurth and use the wurth sound dampening sprays and sheets
3. have the woofer turned towards the seat with the magnet facing the boot
4. have the woofer fixed in a moulding setup where the woofers are fixed near the boot lid on the sides.

Please let me know which I need to execute so as to reduce/eliminate the rattling.

Thank you.
Old 11th May 2010, 11:46   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr_007 View Post
Hi,

I want some help with my woofer setup.

I have two Polk DB series subs that pums out 720 watts RMS, in total, and have installed them in a sealed box. These two subs are powered by a Kenwood 9104-D mono amplifier. The problem is when I play them i hear the rattling of the boot lid and the number plate more and this is just disturbing.
The boot really needs some good damping. Try and damp the boot lid, wheel well, side wall. Also, facing the woofer towards the back seat will have a bit phase issue. The best position is known to have the woofer facing the bootlid delivers a bit better results.
Old 12th May 2010, 07:17   #53
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_sound View Post
Since my dimensions are a little different from the DD suggested size...what should be port length and width in my case?
I think Invinsible has already helped you out. The port length and area are a function of what frequency you intend to tune the box to.

There is plenty of freeware out there that will help you determine the port and box dimensions based on the published specs.

Quote:
The best position is known to have the woofer facing the bootlid delivers a bit better results.
I know this is one of the many emperical results I have no theoretical answer to.
Old 10th June 2010, 17:00   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Will need some spec details on this. Like, what's the Fs, Qts, VAS, xmax, value of the sub and what music you listen to and how much power is available for them?
sorry for the late reply,

you can get the specs for the subs on the internet as they are pretty common. i dont really have the specs for them except that they have 2 4ohm voice coils and have a peak power output of 1200 watts RMS @ 2 ohms i reckon.
as for powering them i'm currently running them of an FLI loaded 800s and i'm planning to get a punch 1000.1 and run 4 subs off that at a 2 ohm load.

Musically, i listen to everything from chillout to psytrance to hip hop to metal to grindcore to fusion. anything that is sonically pleasurable i like...

dimensions and construction for a dual sub enclosure would be really helpful,

Cheers.

Last edited by lilMonSter : 10th June 2010 at 17:07.

Most Viewed