Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2005, 11:49   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Well done indeed Aseem. Flawless answer.

The force is strong with him Amani Navin. Tagwa ji rika yachak koth. Kama bi.

Sam
Old 26th July 2005, 13:49   #32
Team-BHP Support

Ok Sam a little secret. My knowledge of Hindi is limited. I was raised in NYC and LA and in those days ABCDs did not know much Hindi (today they are better prepaerd). So that last line was a curve ball (boucer in cricket parlance).
Old 26th July 2005, 15:16   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

I believe you. So much that you have no idea.

That last line was not hindi, but Huttese. (What Jabba spoke) hence the mention of the force being strong with him.The hutts never had an individual with enough midichlorians to be a jedi paduan.

It translates roughly to: Teacher Navin, yes he is a good student. My knowledge of Huttese is more limited as nobody really speaks it, being a con-lang.

Will the mods throw me out now? I'm sorry

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 26th July 2005 at 15:28.
Old 26th July 2005, 15:49   #34
Team-BHP Support

Am I getting a fan following? :-)
Old 26th July 2005, 15:52   #35
BHPian

Kava na ta galu, Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
I believe you. So much that you have no idea.
That last line was not hindi, but Huttese. (What Jabba spoke) hence the mention of the force being strong with him.The hutts never had an individual with enough midichlorians to be a jedi paduan.It translates roughly to: Teacher Navin, yes he is a good student. My knowledge of Huttese is more limited as nobody really speaks it, being a con-lang. Will the mods throw me out now? I'm sorry
@aseem
Simple and Crystal. BTW, translated into my thoughts (Swift/Sony HU 5610/Sony 6" on all 4 doors), it tells me to fiddle with the settings till the time I am OK with the bass coming from "We will, We will, ROCK you" and the beats after that. Must try that ASAP. Gee, thanks a lot mate - You rock

@Sam Kapasi
Perhaps "Ka soyari kulia de kankie koth Uban chone alipa" might be in order too! (Loose translation is :This bounty hunter is my kind of scum. Fearless and inventive.)

@Mods
No more, promise, of Huttese. Being a die hard fan of the episodes, could not let that one go. Mea kulpa.

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks