Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2009, 17:24   #1
BHPian

Only AMP for Honda City ZX

Hi All,

My car ( City ZX GXI ) came with Alpine CDE-9871 EHI and JBL Speakers.
Rear speakers are GT5-652 and I am guessing same is for the front as well. I can't confirm the front model. Dealer had told me that this car was a limited edition with JBL setup . There is a small and nice "JBL Premimum " sticker near the gearbox.

I dint find the exact model on the Alpine website. But thereis a model called CDE-9872 EHI. Specification says that it has 1 preout.

Alpine Electronics of Asia Pacific Co., Ltd.

I have the manuel for 9871 and there is one page which talks about " External Device" ( connecting to an External Amplifier)

So I am guessing , like 9872 EHI, my HU 9871 also has 1 preout and I can add Amplifier. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Now , there is nothing wrong in the current setup , except I feel like sound is cracking when the volume is above 20. And I am hoping that If I add 2 channel amp for the fronts , and use inbuilt amp for rears, then there would be some difference in the SQ. Am I right ?

If so, then could you please help in choosing the right AMP and what else is needed ? like, wiring etc ?

Budget- 5k only ( but can go upto 7 Max)
Preference - JBL
2 or 4 ch?

Appriciate your help.

Thanks !
Old 18th September 2009, 18:58   #2
Senior - BHPian

Since a 2 channel would not be VFM at its price, a 4-channel would be better - like the JBL A504 or Blaupunkt GT4 Special Mark 2. In any case, you will need to additionally spend at least 1K for cables and wires when you put in the amp, so totally about 6-7K.
Old 18th September 2009, 20:31   #3
BHPian

Thanks DerAlte. Considering the VFM factor, I think I can stretch my budget and will go for 4 channel then. A504 doesnt figure on the website. A604 is there JBL Car & Marine Audio

Going through the forum and still trying to figure out the best place in HYD to buy and install amp. Any recommendations guys? Also would like to know recommended/best brand for cables.
Old 25th October 2009, 17:13   #4
BHPian

hi guys,
i also have a NHC with the same set up (alpine CDE 9871 EHI) but i have kept the JBL GT-652 at the front and changed the rear ones with mtx 6*9(no amp attached).
now i want to add a sub to the car,
do i buy a sony xplod amp and buy a ground zero sub? but then how do i set it up? 2 channels to the front and bridge the rest to the sub or 2 channel to the rear mtx and the remaining bridge it to the sub? please advice.
my budget is strictly 10000/= for the amp/sub and wiring and installation.
i have just bought a sony 4 channel amp for 4500/=
please guide me
Old 2nd November 2014, 23:34   #5
Senior - BHPian

Re: Only AMP for Honda City ZX

What touchscreen head unit would be the right upgrade for this setup?
I would like Bluetooth, navigation, Dvd player and rear camera functionality.
Old 3rd November 2014, 13:12   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
What touchscreen head unit would be the right upgrade for this setup?
I would like Bluetooth, navigation, Dvd player and rear camera functionality.
Almost all the mainstream HUs have these features and will suit your setup: Pioneer, JVC-Kenwood, Clarion, Blaupunkt. Cost anywhere between 20K (without navigation) and 35K with navigation. In some, you can buy an HU without navigation, and add the MapMyIndia navigation box to it. Ask around at dealers near you, and cross-check prices online.
Old 3rd November 2014, 15:57   #7
BHPian

Sorry to revive an old thread but I have the exact same query.

The vehicle is Honda City ZX EXI 2006. Head unit is Pioneer X759BT (2-din). Front Speakers (in door) are Focal 165 CA1 6.5" (co-axials) and rear tray loaded with JBL GTO959 6x9 co-axials.

There's a good amount of door vibrations even slightly cranking up the volume and I've done front door damping with an unknown brand (cost me Rs.1200 for front two doors).

First question, I am expecting clarity after adding an amplifier or will it only further my woes adding more vibrations? Am I correct in first getting an amplifier or should I spend the same (or maybe more?) amount on full damping?

Second question, whether a two-channel amplifier will be able to power all four speakers? I want all four speakers to be powered by the AMP. Or I need a proper four channel amplifier? My budget is 7-8K max. Some of the Amps I shortlisted are: JBL GT-X424, Blaupunkt EMA-455, Sony XM SW1. Purely selected these on "newb" basis leaving some room for wiring cost. Any other options in my budget highly welcome.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks