Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2009, 21:28   #1
BHPian

Getting Dicor in a months Time. Need ICE Advice

I am getting Dicor very soon. I want to know some Iceing upgrades. Please go through the following:

1. Can we replace the OE HU with some touchscreen? Wont that be blocked by gear lever?

2. I am intrested in Single 10" Sub. Have selected Alpine Type R 1042. ANy place to buy it in Delhi/Chandigarh? Or preferably online?

3. What amp to suit with it?

4. Any good installer in Chandigarh? Can go to Delhi but since I have some personal problems I cannot stay overnight anywhere, so I believe going Delhi for installing and coming in a day wont be possible.

Budget in not a concern. Want good bass But dont need a DJ on Wheels
Old 19th September 2009, 00:10   #2
Senior - BHPian

why dont you visit the ICE section and i am sure most of your questions will be answered by that.
Old 19th September 2009, 16:51   #3
BHPian

Safari Dicor? or Indica/Indigo?

If it's Safari you can fit a 10" sub without affecting any of the jump seats, you'll need to make a wedge shaped box to fit the contour of the rear seat.
Old 19th September 2009, 18:03   #4
BHPian

Sorry, Its safari. I wanted to know, can I get Type R here in Delhi or Chandigarh? At what price?
Old 19th September 2009, 18:15   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThE Godfather View Post
I am getting Dicor very soon. I want to know some Iceing upgrades. Please go through the following:

1. Can we replace the OE HU with some touchscreen? Wont that be blocked by gear lever?
Standard OE provided by TATA is of Alpine Brand and is pretty good. In my beast, I had a Blaupunkt DVD system which I had recently replaced with JVC AVX-44 touch-sensitive system and to tell you the truth, It is useless.

AVX-44 in itself is a great system but there are two problems:
1. I always end up touching the screen while changing to 1st, 3rd or 5th gear.
2. One can hardly view any of the funky display due to obvious obstruction.

IMHO, You are better off with OE system and let's just pray that TATA pays heed to this and provided better positioning of OE in future cars/UVs.
Old 20th September 2009, 00:17   #6
BHPian

hmm..!! Actually I feel, that black Alpine Looks Odd on a bright colored dash. So I was wandering if I can get two Din System/Touchscreen or something.

If touch screen is not possible, is it possible to get a Double Din System?
Old 20th September 2009, 01:03   #7
Team-BHP Support

The gear lever position is awkward, and not condusive to such systems. Best you stick to single DIN system. You can get a more expensive brand, or get one with DVD support etc., but its best to spend money on amp and speakers, as they are the weak link
Old 20th September 2009, 01:41   #8
BHPian

Money will be spent on Amp and Speakers for sure, but I am trying to get a double din system. That is the main query. And I think its not possible?
Old 20th September 2009, 13:06   #9
Senior - BHPian

2DIN will require extensive modification of the center console.

If you cut the lighter socket and the ashtray out, then the unit will be located too low - neither efficient for use nor good for showing off. If you shift the AC controls below (*IF* it is feasible) it might be better, but that would need you to redo the most of the console.

You could put in one of those 1DIN units that have a retractable screen, instead.
Old 20th September 2009, 13:10   #10
BHPian

Yaa!! That retractable thingy would be nice. Any good models to look for?
Old 25th September 2009, 15:26   #11
BHPian

Alrite friends, I have selected certain items. Please put in your opinions and need help in allocating the items.

I am desperately looking for Alpine Type R 1242D 12" Sub. Cant find a dealer locally, import is very costly. Due to weight of the sub.

Amp I have selected if Alpine MRP M500 again, import is not possible.

Looking for good components, have not decided anything on this.

Damping.

Any place in Delhi to get all this done?
Old 25th September 2009, 15:48   #12
Senior - BHPian

godfather you can come over and meet us at Chandigarh .. drop me a PM and am sure we will find a solution for your Safari.

Yes you can replace your orginal headunit to some touchscreen but i think we need a dash kit or need to custom fabricate one , but not very sure !!

Better buy a 12 inch sub than a 10 inch sub for a big vehicle like safari and plonk it in custom sealed box.

You can opt for Blaupunkt VA 475 or kenwood 8404 or JBL 1004 or Pioneer or Alpine MPR series but there are other options also avaible out here

Yes i know a good installer in Chandigarh, just PM me and your issues will be sorted !!

There are plenty of components now avaiable you need to tell your taste of music

Damping can be sourced through LBM from delhi

Last edited by chiragh_bir : 25th September 2009 at 15:50.
Old 25th September 2009, 16:46   #13
BHPian

Heya Chirag, replied to your PM. As I said, no problem in coming to Chandigarh. But Iwould like to know the prices first. Because I have to see if I should wait for my cousin who is coming to India from US. He can get the stuff. If there would be a small differnce, say 2 or 3k then I would prefer buying here.

Please let me know the prices of Alpine Type R, need 10" only as I have certain purpose with the vehicle. Also, price of Alpine MRP M500
Old 25th September 2009, 16:50   #14
Senior - BHPian

i have no idea of alpine 10 inch subs..

i saw MPR 600 amp here for 11k , i think it is still avaiable
Old 25th September 2009, 18:49   #15
BHPian

You mean this?

Alpine MRP-M650 Mono subwoofer amplifier 600 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms at Crutchfield.com

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks