Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2009, 11:46   #61
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
BUT, will a christmas tree sound as good?
for sound you got the stereo system.

Quote:
The imaging is really spot on this time, and I would like to thank Ford (and of course, Eclipse) for that ;-)

They were stifling the bass from the sub (which incidentally is kicking SOSOOOOOSO hard that the shelf is going to vibrate to it's death if there is no airspace made for the air below it (to come into the cabin).
Frank,

1. it does help that the speaker locations on the Fiesta do help the sound stage. Me thinks you bought the car ONLY for the reason that provides the best sound stage.

2. If the shelf is rattling it needs to be damped too. Otherwise the rattles from the shelf will distract from the music. Also if you cut the shelf so as to bring the bass into the cabin you might change the loading a bit - on second thoughts I dont think this change will be audible. You are after all using a sealed box sub.
Old 25th September 2009, 12:15   #62
Senior - BHPian

Navinji, the shelf isn't rattling, but I see it move up and down (in the rear view mirror), as though there is a human in the boot kicking it. LOL.
Methinks the air lock building up in the boot (and the opposition to the standing waves) from the parcel shelf is causing some stray waves of bass, causing a slightly (unprecise) muffled bass sensation. I will not be making a hole there. Just removing the stock speakers, hence creating a 'vent' for the bass to enter the cabin.
Old 25th September 2009, 13:16   #63
BHPian

So, the beat is rocking the hood finally eh franky bhai?
Old 25th September 2009, 13:40   #64
BHPian

Heard that your mujik systam is quite in demand for this year's dhandia nights, specially ur boofer!!!

Last edited by pranava999 : 25th September 2009 at 13:41.
Old 25th September 2009, 13:52   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Navinji, the shelf isn't rattling, but I see it move up and down (in the rear view mirror), as though there is a human in the boot kicking it. LOL.
Methinks the air lock building up in the boot (and the opposition to the standing waves) from the parcel shelf is causing some stray waves of bass, causing a slightly (unprecise) muffled bass sensation. I will not be making a hole there. Just removing the stock speakers, hence creating a 'vent' for the bass to enter the cabin.
Frank bhai, congrats first on getting everything fired up! I'm coming to Mumbai and will love to meet you and experience/audition your Fiesta+ICE on the weekend of 10/11 October. Will connect via phone- definitely looking forward to it

Rest about your RVM, don't trust the damn thing too much! In my car, when I looked through my RVM, the hatch door looked so badly pounding and shaking that I wondered if the door will open itself and set itself free! But when I craned my neck and looked directly, the door was standing firm as a rock, it was just that the bass was vibrating the RVM so much! Of course, I know of a Fiesta whose RVM actually came off from its mounting (I think it was held together by glue).

Baaki, I've experienced the same stifling feeling about my sub too, as if the sound of sub is playing in the car next to me. Of course time alignment has blended the sub sound perfectly and now i truely experience UFB (upfront bass), but the sound itself is a bit muffled/stifled. I even cut open a 12" hole in my MDF tray hoping it'll improve things, but there's not much difference (as Navin hints above). Of course, mine is a regular sealed enclosure.

Will be good to see a solution that we can both use to our satisfaction.
Old 25th September 2009, 14:41   #66
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Oh baba franky, think about it. If something is moving and juming around wont it make some sound? Maybe not a racket or an irritating rattle but it will make sound na?

If the vent is via the rear speaker's location it is the same for the speaker stil I dont think the change in loading will affect the quality or quantity of the bass much.
Old 25th September 2009, 17:47   #67
BHPian

I would second greenh0rn on the RVM. The same happens in my car(swift). The mirror rattles a lot.
So just confirm whether it is the panel or the RVM that is vibrating.
Old 25th September 2009, 18:02   #68
Senior - BHPian

Frank, the install is looking great. I am looking forward to seeing the videos tonight.
Old 25th September 2009, 19:30   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranava999 View Post
So, the beat is rocking the hood finally eh franky bhai?

Heard that your mujik systam is quite in demand for this year's dhandia nights, specially ur boofer!!!
Ha ha Pranava. I know about my BOOFER, but I also know that YOUR boofer can do some other crazy wonders. Show the world what you got. FAST!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenh0rn View Post
Frank bhai, congrats first on getting everything fired up! I'm coming to Mumbai and will love to meet you and experience/audition your Fiesta+ICE on the weekend of 10/11 October. Will connect via phone- definitely looking forward to it

Rest about your RVM, don't trust the damn thing too much! In my car, when I looked through my RVM, the hatch door looked so badly pounding and shaking that I wondered if the door will open itself and set itself free! But when I craned my neck and looked directly, the door was standing firm as a rock, it was just that the bass was vibrating the RVM so much! Of course, I know of a Fiesta whose RVM actually came off from its mounting (I think it was held together by glue).

Baaki, I've experienced the same stifling feeling about my sub too, as if the sound of sub is playing in the car next to me. Of course time alignment has blended the sub sound perfectly and now i truely experience UFB (upfront bass), but the sound itself is a bit muffled/stifled. I even cut open a 12" hole in my MDF tray hoping it'll improve things, but there's not much difference (as Navin hints above). Of course, mine is a regular sealed enclosure.

Will be good to see a solution that we can both use to our satisfaction.
right. I get it. I understand what you are saying, but there is a box of tissues on that same shelf that raises alarm like crazy. LOL.
NOTHING is rattling. It's just moving. Which shows that a large amount of air being generated in the boot. Venting it will help. Surely.

About coming to Mumbai, I am eager to hear what others say about this system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Oh baba franky, think about it. If something is moving and juming around wont it make some sound? Maybe not a racket or an irritating rattle but it will make sound na?

If the vent is via the rear speaker's location it is the same for the speaker stil I dont think the change in loading will affect the quality or quantity of the bass much.
It will surely make some sound, and must be resonating to the bass to make a slightly irritating bass response. But, relieving some of this air in the boot might help.
If it helps, the right speaker location is EXACTLY where the motor of the subwoofer ends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ameenmaj View Post
I would second greenh0rn on the RVM. The same happens in my car(swift). The mirror rattles a lot.
So just confirm whether it is the panel or the RVM that is vibrating.
I know. Happened in my Esteem too. This has reduced itself to a very large extent in the Fiesta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Frank, the install is looking great. I am looking forward to seeing the videos tonight.
Thank you. I am sure you will enjoy the video. I still enjoy looking at it!
Old 25th September 2009, 20:26   #70
Senior - BHPian

So Frank when is the next Upgrade happening?
Old 26th September 2009, 09:41   #71
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Ha ha Pranava. I know about my BOOFER, but I also know that YOUR boofer can do some other crazy wonders. Show the world what you got. FAST!
Franky, Yeh BOOFER BOOFER kya hota hai? Did not LBM or Gunbir coin this word?

Pranava, shy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Techno, after Franks does a few more RCs (root canals) he will have the funds for his next upgrade (every RC needs a cap, some need a bridge. Post RC the tooth looses it's nourishment and gets brittle so to prevent disintergration they cap it which where the money goes).
Old 26th September 2009, 11:45   #72
Senior - BHPian

Wonderful thread

I made the mandatory pit-stop at SoundManiac's lovely STATUTORY WARNING thread before entering with much trepidation the "ICE Section" and during my visits here, I have been reminded of what SoundManiac wrote often enough.

This thread however was a refreshing change, wonderfully written and could become a prescribed text for a newbie embarking on an ICE project. Thanks Frank for the detailed and step by step account of your ICE installation. I just put in my two bits worth and voted for a 5* rating for this thread.

Cheers,

P.S. everyone remind me to brush my teeth twice a day, else I might have to spring for that upgrade!

Last edited by Ravveendrra : 26th September 2009 at 11:48.
Old 26th September 2009, 14:43   #73
BHPian

Quote:

Pranava, shy?
Boofer through a little linguistic corruption is the sub woofer. Bet you did not know that .. (am kidding). A lot of taxi wallahs yearn for 'boom and the chilling' efect, so that they get noticed for their 'dik chik, dik chik' SPL.

Not really shy Navin, just sad to say that the install has not yet happened. The equipment just been lying around, just need to make time and effort to get the install done. One of these days for sure! Just hope it sounds atleast few notches better than the OE quality.

Last edited by pranava999 : 26th September 2009 at 14:44.
Old 26th September 2009, 16:08   #74
Senior - BHPian

Frank, your mono amplifier, it seems, will be a common item in team bhp soon. many here have ordered it for the kind of price its available now. i think its time to upgrade.
Old 26th September 2009, 18:08   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Very soon. The next upgrade is your's from the Sony amplifier to a DLS!

Quote:

Pranava, shy?

Techno, after Franks does a few more RCs (root canals) he will have the funds for his next upgrade (every RC needs a cap, some need a bridge. Post RC the tooth looses it's nourishment and gets brittle so to prevent disintergration they cap it which where the money goes).
BOOFER. LOL.
As for your knowledge of Root Canals, I guess you pretty much know when and why a root canal is indicated. Great work !! Thumbs up!
There is VERY little money in Dentistry now. Trust me. I am still studying, but when I do start earning, it's going to be very difficult to be frivolous!
The MAGNET industry is very strong ATM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
I made the mandatory pit-stop at SoundManiac's lovely STATUTORY WARNING thread before entering with much trepidation the "ICE Section" and during my visits here, I have been reminded of what SoundManiac wrote often enough.

This thread however was a refreshing change, wonderfully written and could become a prescribed text for a newbie embarking on an ICE project. Thanks Frank for the detailed and step by step account of your ICE installation. I just put in my two bits worth and voted for a 5* rating for this thread.

Cheers,

P.S. everyone remind me to brush my teeth twice a day, else I might have to spring for that upgrade!

Thank you sir. I tried my best to enlighten as many people as I could, in ICEing a Fiesta. After all, it would be fun to see more people like Saathee and Me, getting higher end upgrades done on our Fiestas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranava999 View Post
Boofer through a little linguistic corruption is the sub woofer. Bet you did not know that .. (am kidding). A lot of taxi wallahs yearn for 'boom and the chilling' efect, so that they get noticed for their 'dik chik, dik chik' SPL.

Not really shy Navin, just sad to say that the install has not yet happened. The equipment just been lying around, just need to make time and effort to get the install done. One of these days for sure! Just hope it sounds atleast few notches better than the OE quality.
What you are getting is WORSE than OE quality.

NOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigy View Post
Frank, your mono amplifier, it seems, will be a common item in team bhp soon. many here have ordered it for the kind of price its available now. i think its time to upgrade.
Hope to see more with that amp. I don't see ANY other amp being that VFM. Who are the others? I know Piyush ordered it. Anyone else ?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks