Team-BHP - ICE upgrade for my recently brought baleno
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   ICE upgrade for my recently brought baleno (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/65900-ice-upgrade-my-recently-brought-baleno.html)

I upgraded from esteem to a baleno recently, So it was time I removed the audio setup on my maruti esteem & below is what I have ready with me for my baleno:

Pioneer DEH-P5050UB
Blaupunkt GTA 4 special MK II
Polk momo mmc690
Polk DB 525 (advised to get rid of it, jarring at high volumes)

I want to go for a
15 inch sub,
Front component &
Mono block amplifier.

My budget is 25k which should ideally include the product cost, labor, damping & wires.

Type of music I listen to - Rock and metal (heavy, melodic death, thrash), daft punk, deep forest.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks..

The Blau amp you have wont drive a 15" sub well.

1. damp atleast the front doors well 2K
2. get a 12" sub for 6K
3. get front components for say 6K
4. get monoblock for sub 9K
5. wires and install 3K

Quote:

Originally Posted by navin (Post 1494734)
The Blau amp you have wont drive a 15" sub well.

1. damp atleast the front doors well 2K
2. get a 12" sub for 6K
3. get front components for say 6K
4. get monoblock for sub 9K
5. wires and install 3K

Navin, appreciate your inputs.:)
I currently don't have the money for the mono amp, I am planning to invest in a good/bigger sub & spend some more money on wiring/damping which would elevate my setup to accommodate future upgrades, I do understand the sub won't perform well with the current amp.

May I know the brand name to go for? How do the following go?

Front component - Illusion
Sub - Kicker Solobaric (or) JBL ( don't know if this is expensive)
Wiring -?
Damping - ?? How much would it cost for the baleno as a whole

thanks..

Mr. Bean,

what I like to do is trust one installer (after checking out all I need to) with the install. Most GOOD installers will have 2-4 brands of RCA wires and their favourite damping material in stock. In general stick with damping material that is made from butyl rubber and NOT foam. Butyl rubber has a much longer life than foam esp in India's hot and humid climate.

You had a budget of 25K which I think can include a monoblock esp since you are using the old HU, blau amp, and rear 690 speakers.

The price guidelines I have given in my earlier post should suffice, the rest I leave to your ears. It is your system, your money and your music. You have to live with it not the installer, me or anybody else. Trust your ears.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Bean (Post 1494243)
Type of music I listen to - Rock and metal (heavy, melodic death, thrash), daft punk, deep forest.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Bean (Post 1494774)
May I know the brand name to go for? How do the following go?

Front component - Illusion

Hi Mr. Bean, Illusions are great speakers guaranteed, but IME they are perhaps not best suited for your type of music. You should definitely listen to 3-4 different brands, between them Illusion, JBL, Hertz, Alpine etc., to figure out what sounds best with heavy metal/thrash.

For good damping of front 2 doors and the boot, keep a budget of around 3-4k (if you go for a brand like Noisekill).

For wiring, JBL has a great VFM wiring kit for typical installs that has one 8ga amp power cable, 1 RCA and subwoofer speaker cable, along with fuse and holder. IIRC, the kit can be had for less than 3k.

Subs- you can definitely check out JBL, Ground Zero (entry-level models), ID CTX etc. I hope you'll pay as much attention to the enclosure type as to the subwoofer brand.

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenh0rn (Post 1495342)
Hi Mr. Bean, Illusions are great speakers guaranteed, but IME they are perhaps not best suited for your type of music. You should definitely listen to 3-4 different brands, between them Illusion, JBL, Hertz, Alpine etc., to figure out what sounds best with heavy metal/thrash.

I haven't been to a car audio showroom till now, I will check the performace with my black sabbath, COF, pantera & Amon amarth collection.