Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2009, 10:34   #1
BHPian

PAC SWI-PS for my SX4 with Pioneer DVD

Hi ALL

Mods, Please move this thread accordingly.

Finally, my wait ending while i received my Steering Wheel Control Interface yesterday for my SX4 Zxi. The head unit is Pioneer P4150 DVD. and compatible PAC was SWI-PS. I always missed the steering controls the day i change the head-unit to the aftermarket. I inquired about the interface earlier with some people here and heard it doesn't work with AVH series, later i found the details in the PAC-Audio website that the AVH Series of Pioneer will work if the Interface Revision is 1.6.7 and above.

So i went on a search to buy it, i always prefer a local purchase and who have a knowledge of the product and compatibility. I tried the Distributor for PAC here in bangalore which is Kumar's. and asked them about the product and price, they said it is very much there and they can fit it for me for a cost. The product price was 5600/- including the installation for my spec audio. Relatively i felt the price is very much high in-terms of the product. And concluded that if they can fit this product and will work with my car which they promised. So now i have a vast choice to buy it from any online, where i can order online and get a better price and get it fitted here. To know much better about the product, i went to the PAC site and understand the installation procedure and difficulty if any for my Spec car. There is a PDF document for all spec cars and details installation procedure and programming procedure also along with it.

Now as i was in the comfort zone to buy the product and went on the search online to have the cheapest price and safe buy. Once i had read about this site called Shop in the US from India @ 20North - Millions of products, Thousands of brands in Team-Bhp and found the perfect match for price and product. it was around $49 including the shipping which was working out very cheap comparing to buy locally. You dont even have to pay the duty as they treat it as a gift and ship to india as a gift item.

Finally my product arrived in less than 15days. And is ready to be installed. As i had gone thru the installation procedure and programming process online and i had downloaded it, and was easy. So i went on myself to install the same and it took me around 30mins end to end for the installation including the programming. And the product worked great and i have very happy now my steering controls was working as good as with the factory head unit.

Last edited by tabrez02 : 23rd September 2009 at 10:39.
Old 23rd September 2009, 10:40   #2
BHPian

Could you put up pictures of the install please? Been very interested to do the same in my SX4...
Old 23rd September 2009, 12:17   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anantnehru View Post
Could you put up pictures of the install please? Been very interested to do the same in my SX4...
didnt take any pictures at the time of install though, if you let me know which picture then i can provide.
Old 23rd September 2009, 15:48   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabrez02 View Post
didnt take any pictures at the time of install though, if you let me know which picture then i can provide.
Congrats on the Pioneer Touch Screen dvd player + pac comboHave you connected a rear view camera to the touchscreen player?

Anyways, as anant said plz put up pics if possible as in close-up pics of how the HU is installed in the stock location, fit and finish of the Head-Unit install, night view with the Head-Unit on along with the car parking lights on would be great.

BY the way tabrez, did you have to install any infrared thingie anywhere inside the cabin for the PAC interface to operate? or is it a direct wired one?

Cheers
Old 23rd September 2009, 17:20   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85 View Post
Congrats on the Pioneer Touch Screen dvd player + pac comboHave you connected a rear view camera to the touchscreen player?

Anyways, as anant said plz put up pics if possible as in close-up pics of how the HU is installed in the stock location, fit and finish of the Head-Unit install, night view with the Head-Unit on along with the car parking lights on would be great.

BY the way tabrez, did you have to install any infrared thingie anywhere inside the cabin for the PAC interface to operate? or is it a direct wired one?

Cheers
Hi

No i have not connected any Rear view camera yet, may be in future as i dont want to cut my bumper. anyhow i have the rear parking sensors with led display for that.

Ok i have to take the pics and i will upload it asap with request shots.

No there is no infrared thing as such, the concept is very simple. A wire from the steering remote which sends the signal to the company head unit would be used and in my my case (SX4) the pin #12 which is a dark green wire, connected to PAC white wire. and PAC mini pin would connect directly to the head unit (W remote) jack. It is very much clearly explained in the Installation instruction so would not find any issue.

If anybody needs any assistance while installing this device, please contact me anytime.
Old 28th September 2009, 15:16   #6
BHPian

Finally!! I was waiting for such a thread for quite a long time. Congratulations on your purchase (Pioneer + pac combo).
Do remember to post day as well as night pictures with the headlights on!
Old 9th October 2009, 11:23   #7

Details

Hi Tabrez,
Thanks for this wonderful post. I am exactly in a similar situation. Can you tell me the exact part number or model number you ordered from 20north? There are more than 1 product listed (which even looks different) for SWI-PS. Appreciate your details in this blog. Thanks, Raj
Old 9th October 2009, 15:14   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnilRaj View Post
Hi Tabrez,
Thanks for this wonderful post. I am exactly in a similar situation. Can you tell me the exact part number or model number you ordered from 20north? There are more than 1 product listed (which even looks different) for SWI-PS. Appreciate your details in this blog. Thanks, Raj
Dear Raj

My Setup is Pioneer and SX4

I order the below mentioned product, however the image looks different from what you receive, Please click on the link below for the product i ordered but ignore the picture.

Shop in the US from India @ 20North - PAC SWI-PS Sony and Pioneer Steering Wheel Radio Control Interface : Automotive
Old 22nd October 2009, 10:28   #9
BHPian

My Headunit install with PAC

Pics from my install in SX4.
Attached Thumbnails
PAC SWI-PS for my SX4 with Pioneer DVD-pio1.jpg  

PAC SWI-PS for my SX4 with Pioneer DVD-pio2.jpg  

Old 2nd March 2010, 09:50   #10
BHPian

beautiful install Tabrez bhai.......could you tell me which brand of dashkit did you use? Is it scosche or some other brand?
Old 2nd March 2010, 10:03   #11
BHPian

Dear Prince

I got the kit from Hihaneet tbhpian, from delhi. i tried to procure from the MGP but it was not available, i am not sure about the brand.

Quote:
beautiful install Tabrez bhai.......could you tell me which brand of dashkit did you use? Is it scosche or some other brand?
Old 2nd March 2010, 10:27   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabrez02 View Post
Dear Prince

I got the kit from Hihaneet tbhpian, from delhi. i tried to procure from the MGP but it was not available, i am not sure about the brand.
Cool....by the way bro could you tell me how did you connect the jack from the PAC unit into the HU? The other day when i was looking at the Pioneer 4150HU, i never saw any remote jack opening on the HU chassis..soo how did you connect the wire coming from the PAC unit into the HU?

Last edited by prince85 : 2nd March 2010 at 10:28.
Old 4th March 2010, 10:29   #13
BHPian

Dear prince

There is a W.Remote option behind the HU, i am attaching the image for your reference.

Quote:
Cool....by the way bro could you tell me how did you connect the jack from the PAC unit into the HU? The other day when i was looking at the Pioneer 4150HU, i never saw any remote jack opening on the HU chassis..soo how did you connect the wire coming from the PAC unit into the HU?
Attached Thumbnails
PAC SWI-PS for my SX4 with Pioneer DVD-2948026.jpg  

Old 5th March 2010, 10:49   #14
Senior - BHPian

@tabrez02,
I too want to change the HU in my swift zxi but I am a complete noob when it comes to the actual stuff. I would appreciate therefore if you could list out all of the components that are required to make the steering controls work with an after market unit and where to order them from.
Old 5th March 2010, 16:07   #15
BHPian

Dear Khoj

Please read my post i have mentioned even the link from when i bought. Please find all the details of the part in first post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
@tabrez02,
I too want to change the HU in my swift zxi but I am a complete noob when it comes to the actual stuff. I would appreciate therefore if you could list out all of the components that are required to make the steering controls work with an after market unit and where to order them from.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks