Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2009, 23:04   #1

Sub and Amp alone for i10 sportz

Hi friends, I have recently cancelled the booking of scorpio lx and booked i10 sportz - alpine blue last week, The car is expected next thursday.

The sportz has 2din stock system and 4 speakers, i have no option of changing it for next 2 months, But i have a plan of putting in an mono Amp and Basstube for that..

Ive nailed down JBL CS 1215T bass tube which has 250W RMS output at 4 ohms and JBL GTO3501 Mono amp which gives 225W RMS at 4ohms? Do they match perfectly?

Can someone give pricing for this? I have future plans like Good HU, front comps, rear speakers and a 4 ch amp to drive front and rear..

Can anyone pls tell me whether its good choice or is there anyother good alternative, my budget is 15-20k for them and i always hear hiphop music for low bass..pls suggest..thanks in advance..
Old 26th September 2009, 05:15   #2
Senior - BHPian

Yep, you can easily power the 1215 using the 3501.
Use a 4 gauge cable for the same.
but i am not sure whether you would be able to add a mono + sub in the stock hu. It might not have preouts
If it doesn't, my advice for you would to go step by step and change in the order or

HU , Front Components (+ maybe rears) , 2 channel amp ( power the rears of the HU , or a 4 channel to power all four speakers.) , the sub + mono.
Old 26th September 2009, 13:27   #3
Senior - BHPian

CS 1215 is a small bass tube (in terms of power)..

I would suggest you to buy a good 4 channel amp and power it with it , buying a smaller mono is of no use IMHO and in future you can also run front compos with the same amp without adding and extra amp ..
Old 29th September 2009, 14:00   #4
Senior - BHPian

Adding a mono and a bass tube/sub woofer will make the system sound bottom heavy/bass heavy and the sub woofer will overpower every other speaker in the car since stock speakers can't keep up much. Having the stock i10 unit will compound problems since you will not be having independent sub woofer control (since there is no pre out) and you will not be able to contain the amount of bass from the sub. I would suggest you to let the bass tube and mono come later. For the time, just source a dash kit and install a good set of components in front. Upgrade to a good 4 channel amp and a bass tube/sub woofer in the 2nd stage. Damp the doors and make sure the install is done by someone competent. Spend a few on a good set of speakers and a competent head unit. This will set the stage for a sub woofer soon. Upgrading to a mono and sub through the stock unit is a bad idea.
My 2 cents. Of course, if you want a mono and sub now, then buy a mono with a subwoofer control knob, so atleast you can control the amount of bass.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks