Team-BHP - JBL,Rockford,Kicker,Blaupunkt,etc!!check it out !
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   JBL,Rockford,Kicker,Blaupunkt,etc!!check it out ! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/6628-jbl-rockford-kicker-blaupunkt-etc-check-out.html)

Well,I happened to go to CrossRoads 2 late night to book movie tickets..and guess what I was in for !..man,5 beauties with awesome sound systems !!..wild..it seems there was some photoshoot or something..I couldn't stay for long,since was there with family,and they were gettin late !..so,just managed a single picture on the cell..the quality isn't too good,since I had to activate night mode and click the picture..
There was a Red Kicker Santro,a Rockford Fosgate Opel,Blaupunkt Sumo,JBL Esteem,and Skoda - I didn't check out sound system..
Man..the music was killin and awesome..
Just wish I could have stayed a bbit longer and enjoyed the sound more..was there just for 30-60 secs. !..

Well,anyone have any idea about what was goin on here,just post about it..it was today,18th July,Monday,around 10:50pm..
cheers,
Suraj

Sam might know. Sam, Sam are you there?

Quote:

Originally Posted by srasania
a Rockford Fosgate Opel

Its a black one I guess with Vinyls. This car is from Juhu mostly, have seen it scores of times.

hi,red santro of kicker that was mine,times of india &top gear are going to launching something that is why they called all the cars.

WOW nice cars, and even better sound systems. Dude u could hav got more pix :( And isn't that a Blaupunkt Scorpio?

yeah karthik..should have clicked a few more pics..but well,like I mentioned in my first post,couldn't manage more pix at that time !.. :-(

Suraj

Yawn, just another bunch of company SHOWCARS! Demo cars are meant to look and sound good for obvious reasons. Plus demo cars dont have a budget restricting them, so they have to look and sound good.

Its more exciting to see a daily drive looking and sounding good with a creative stereo install.

Karthik, yes the Blaupunkt show car is a Scorpio. Have seen it and the Rockford Corsa in Madras at a sound off.

Quote:

Originally Posted by navin
Sam might know. Sam, Sam are you there?

Hi! I'm back.

The times of India is launching BBC Top Gear, the magazine.
First issue will be out next month. Kartik Ganesh is on the editorial team and was doing a story on Loud Show Cars, not brand specific. We have a store in Crossroads so we managed to arrange for them to shoot for the story.

There is some more stuff happening. ;) Nice to see more world class magazines, Car coming in next month, Top Gear soon after that.
Incidentally someone was asking for detailed pictures. There are pics of that skoda (Which carries an infinity kappa system) on the "car audio advice" thread, on the first or second page.

Cheers

Q: How much do these magazine guys know? The few that I've met have not really impressed me. I mean these guys eat, breathe, and drink audio so they should run circles around me but many of them dont know the basics and dont tinker much. I'd love to meet Indian equvalents of JG Holt, Wes Philips, Dick Oshler, etc. So Sam if you run into any I'd like to update myself. I know I need a refresher course or 2.

For many of them, it is just a job. For us, it is a passion. You and I get a kick out of making our own stuff. Many don't know what it is to make stuff at home and listen to it. DIY, not buy, is my policy.

I wont go that far. the audio business is not one where profits come by easily. people in it are usually passionate about it. case in point: our friend Sam K. I can name more, many more.

the sad truth is that few journalists in India make enough money to have a good life. This ensures that even those passionate about audio dont write about it (professionally) as they cant make their ends meet by doing so. That leaves the magazines to hire anyone who needs the job instead of those who want the job.

There are exception to every rule though. Mr Sorabjee for example come acorss as someone who knows his stuff. Mr. Billimoria (Photo) too. But there are not enough of them.

Quote:

the sad truth is that few journalists in India make enough money to have a good life.
I am one of those but I report on sports. But someday down the line I would love to get into the audio journalism field.

sports still pays better even in the US. it fills a bigger need.

Kya Yaar,

You guys are toh full derailers ya. Look at the thread! look at the topic.
*Shaking fist angrily at you two*

you know who you are - THREAD DERAILERS!! DEVIANTS!! BASHEE BAZOUKS!! BLISTERING BARNACLES!!

say - who likes tintin??

Quote:

Kya Yaar,

You guys are toh full derailers ya. Look at the thread! look at the topic.
*Shaking fist angrily at you two*

you know who you are - THREAD DERAILERS!! DEVIANTS!! BASHEE BAZOUKS!! BLISTERING BARNACLES!!

say - who likes tintin??
Guilty, my lord! Pease forgive us. :D