Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2010, 10:00   #76
BHPian

Thanks bro!
I sourced the DLS comps from Mumbai. Let me send you a PM with the contact details.
Old 8th June 2010, 11:25   #77
BHPian

It will be great if you can post in the details regarding the price factor too !!
Old 7th August 2010, 02:42   #78

Hi
Sweet install. I was eyeing the same Kenny HU for my car. Could you tell where you sourced it from? and what were the damages (if you dont mind)?
Old 7th August 2010, 15:30   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S00p View Post
Hi
Sweet install. I was eyeing the same Kenny HU for my car. Could you tell where you sourced it from? and what were the damages (if you dont mind)?
You can get the HU from Driven for 13K. I have the same one and it sounds great.
Old 7th August 2010, 22:37   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S00p View Post
Hi
Thanks! For the price, it's by far the best HU you can get. If you have someone coming down from US, you can grab it for ~200$. Or else, you can buy the X7016 locally ~12-13k I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelord View Post
Finally a quick question for the gurus: I noticed that the tweeters produced a strange shrill kind of distortion/distraction on a few tracks. This is not a lisp or a squeal but a subtle shrill. Upon analysis I found that this occurs mainly at the crossover frequency and if there is no other music, the shrill then extends instead of rolling off. Now, with time and run-in, the left tweeter became perfectly OK but I can still hear this distortion from the right tweeter. So my question is, that is this phenomenon commonly observed on all silk-dome fabric tweeters? I asked B&T regarding this and he said this should settle down with run-in in a few more weeks. But still am curious on why this occurs only on a few selected tracks.

Thanks for reading!
I am still not sure what caused the problem, apparently the tweeter was damaged during transit. But many thanks to Ajay who sent a replacement set of the T-25 tweeters! The DLS R6A are going to serve me for long! Smooth and detailed sound.
Old 16th August 2010, 12:42   #81
BHPian

That ICE is just awesome. just wanted to ask you how much did it costed and how is the overall effect ? does it bring any kind of load on the battery ? i have booked a new alto k10 and when i was selecting the speaker with amplifier, the person at the MGA accessories told me that a speaker with such a thing would bring unnecessary burden on the battery.
I liked the alloys treatment ? how much did that cost too ?
Old 18th August 2010, 00:39   #82
BHPian

Thanks David! Approximately 50k give or take. Overall, a nice SQ install for an Alto. Alloys were 5.5j plati, around 11k an year back.
And congrats for the K10, test drove it yesterday and found it a pocket rocket indeed

The guys are MGA Accessories might be knowledgeable but they'll always misguide people for their own profits. Now what he said might have been true if you plan to run 2 15" subs powered by a 1500 W mono. For a SQ install, the 40A alternator provides more than sufficient power. And yes, even for a SQ install, it's recommended that the car be running for ICE (alternator keeps on charging the battery)
Old 25th August 2010, 00:34   #83
BHPian

Forgive my stupid question, I know for a fact that ALTO comes with a double din, I see a slot just below the Kenwood H.U. Is it readily available and where can I get it?

Cheers!
-Z
Old 26th August 2010, 00:02   #84
BHPian

Sorry bro, but I didn't get your question properly.
Old 26th August 2010, 08:39   #85
BHPian

I was referring to the below slot. My installers did cut the front plate of the double din and inserted the H.U. in the top half of the din. Bottom part is covered. i want to utilize that space to keep some C.D's or something. When i asked them, they quoted Rs.600. I thought it was pretty unreasonable.
Attached Thumbnails
Alto - ICE Upgrade with DLS, Kenwood, Blaupunkt. Updated pics on pg 3-img_1554.jpg  

Old 3rd September 2010, 23:30   #86
BHPian

Yikes. 600 bucks is too much! I remember when I got my ICE installed for the first time, no cutting or modding was required for the HU slot and the one below.
Old 4th September 2010, 09:36   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelord View Post
Yikes. 600 bucks is too much! I remember when I got my ICE installed for the first time, no cutting or modding was required for the HU slot and the one below.
Thanks bro! Mine didn't come with any slot :(
there was just this piece of grey plastic thing which covered the entire slot. ICE installer cut the top half of that plastic to insert the 1 din Kenwood H.U and the bottom half is still covered.
Attached Thumbnails
Alto - ICE Upgrade with DLS, Kenwood, Blaupunkt. Updated pics on pg 3-dsc00382.jpg  

Old 6th September 2010, 18:04   #88
BHPian

Oh gosh, looks so different. My alto (1 year back) came with the usual 2 slots (both open) and the dash is unicolor. I see your dash is light and dark grey!
Old 11th September 2010, 04:17   #89
BHPian

nice setup...gives me ideas...4" front compos eh!!!
Old 9th October 2010, 21:44   #90
BHPian

Thanks! 4" components, well, go for 6.5" ones if you can! Might involve modding the door pads but the improvement in sound is totally worth it!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks