Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2009, 23:01   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetrage911 View Post
Thanks a lot Gigy .Could you please gimme the exact product names of the below items, it would be a little easier for me to search
1. Component set for front (4k)
2. Coax in rear for rear fill (2k)
3. 4 channel amplifier (7k)
4. Sub (3k)
5. wiring (2k)
For the comps, you can have JBL, better would be Bull Audio. For the amp go for JBL 4 chl, SUB again could be Bull audio, and if only 2K for wiring then you can have JBL (Fake) wiring which should be around 1.5K.
As you are in Delhi, your best bet would be to go for Bull audio as its VFM.
Old 8th October 2009, 22:31   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
For the comps, you can have JBL, better would be Bull Audio. For the amp go for JBL 4 chl, SUB again could be Bull audio, and if only 2K for wiring then you can have JBL (Fake) wiring which should be around 1.5K.
As you are in Delhi, your best bet would be to go for Bull audio as its VFM.
Hey thanks nitin for more details, btw wats VFM??
(am an ignorant fellow )
Old 9th October 2009, 00:51   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey thanks nitin for more details, btw wats VFM??
(am an ignorant fellow )
Value For Money (VFM). Dude just go for Bull Audio if money is constraint. If not, then there more options. PM if you need audition.
Old 9th October 2009, 03:57   #19
Senior - BHPian

How much are the bull audio components for?
Werent they somewhere around 6.5k or something like that.

You can go in for the JBl 608c.
The advantage you have is they are really good VFM and secondly they have a 2 ohm impedance which means you can provide them with more power than you could to 4 ohm impedance components like illusion audio , bull audio, blau, etc.
Old 9th October 2009, 08:24   #20
Senior - BHPian

For components jbl 608c or boston s60 will come in 4k approx without bill. you can go for two sets if interested. (front/rear). or retain rear ones for time being.
for amplifier 4 channel ones from blaupunkt / kenwood /jbl
JBL subGT5-S12 or CS1215 for 2.4k without bill + box cost.
Get good quality RCA. twister for 700 will do or get GZ ones.
Upgrades can keep happening with time when you decide on the head unit change.

look into this thread for the latest price around town, you might find better options.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...hat-price.html

Last edited by gigy : 9th October 2009 at 08:25.
Old 9th October 2009, 18:49   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
How much are the bull audio components for?
Werent they somewhere around 6.5k or something like that.

You can go in for the JBl 608c.
The advantage you have is they are really good VFM and secondly they have a 2 ohm impedance which means you can provide them with more power than you could to 4 ohm impedance components like illusion audio , bull audio, blau, etc.
Thats a very valid reason for going in for JBL608c. Thanks abhinav.
Old 9th October 2009, 18:53   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigy View Post
For components jbl 608c or boston s60 will come in 4k approx without bill. you can go for two sets if interested. (front/rear). or retain rear ones for time being.
for amplifier 4 channel ones from blaupunkt / kenwood /jbl
JBL subGT5-S12 or CS1215 for 2.4k without bill + box cost.
Get good quality RCA. twister for 700 will do or get GZ ones.
Upgrades can keep happening with time when you decide on the head unit change.

look into this thread for the latest price around town, you might find better options.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...hat-price.html

Thanks a lot gigy, I have now decided for the below products:
1. JBL 608c Front Components
2. JBL Amplifier GT5-A604 600-Watt 4-Channel Full-Range
3. JBL GT5 S12 SubWoofer

I am going for the same HU as of now due to low budget but will upgrade in future.

Thanks a lot guys for all the help
Old 9th October 2009, 19:18   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot gigy, I have now decided for the below products:
1. JBL 608c Front Components
2. JBL Amplifier GT5-A604 600-Watt 4-Channel Full-Range
3. JBL GT5 S12 SubWoofer

I am going for the same HU as of now due to low budget but will upgrade in future.

Thanks a lot guys for all the help
Excellent VFM choice!
Old 9th October 2009, 22:40   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Excellent VFM choice!
Well, the credit goes to all of you awesome guys
Old 18th October 2009, 11:00   #25
BHPian

?

Hi guys,

One of the JBL dealers has suggested me to go for a bass tube instead of a SUB in order to avoid further cutting of the tray. He has recommended the below product:

JBL 1100W bass tube Model:CS1215T

He said for a Baleno, bass tube is the best choice coz it can be mounted in the boot easily and only 60% of the bass is heard from inside which gives a very smooth feel(not too loud bass).

Let me know guys, what do you think about it? Anybody who is using a bass tube currently, please prrovide feedback of the product.

Abhinav, filcord, gigy, nitinralli: need your advice .
Old 18th October 2009, 16:03   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... One of the JBL dealers has suggested me to go for a bass tube instead of a SUB in order to avoid further cutting of the tray. ... coz it can be mounted in the boot easily and only 60% of the bass is heard from inside which gives a very smooth feel(not too loud bass). ...
His personal opinion, and classically empirical. I think he hasn't heard sealed boxes in sedan boots. No further cutting is required in the parcel tray in either case, and yes there is some attenuation when you keep a bass maker (not LBM) in the boot. 'Smooth bass' is just a nice phrase, and is not the opposite of 'loud bass'. Whether (ported) tube or (sealed) box, one has to tune the system properly to give realistic bass.
Old 18th October 2009, 17:38   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
His personal opinion, and classically empirical. I think he hasn't heard sealed boxes in sedan boots. No further cutting is required in the parcel tray in either case, and yes there is some attenuation when you keep a bass maker (not LBM) in the boot. 'Smooth bass' is just a nice phrase, and is not the opposite of 'loud bass'. Whether (ported) tube or (sealed) box, one has to tune the system properly to give realistic bass.
Sorry for the hijack...

DA , how would you define realistic bass? The biggest concern for me while tuning my system is the bass! I just dont feel it's presence when the sub is active , but miss it when its deactivated.
Old 18th October 2009, 18:00   #28
Senior - BHPian

If you're installing a sub on the parcel tray, use a free-air sub. Putting the JBL there will make it sound horrible.
Old 18th October 2009, 18:13   #29
Senior - BHPian

@pranava999, the way you have described it, you are at the right point, I think. That is how it is normally intended to be - at least at the origin.

Newer genres of music, such as hip-hop etc. have accentuated low bass by design - most of the bass is synthesized. Other genres have less electronic bass, mostly wind or string electronically amplified. The tabla / pakhawaj banya in Hindustani Classical has to sound natural and not like hip-hop boom, nor like the didgeridoo drone / synthesized bass glide in 'Jaane kyun log pyaar karte hain' (Dil Chahta hai)). 'Realistic' relates to how it would sound if you attend a concert in person, preferably without a PA system. For example, electric string bass guitar should sound like how it crisply comes from the bass guitarist's amp/speaker, not a 'whoom-whoom' sound like from a bassoon (wind bass instrument).

For comparison, you need to hear some tracks on a set of good headphones (either in-ear or over-the ear muff; tone controls flat, no loudness or bass boost) and then your ICE. If it is possible to listen to the tracks on an iPod, AND you are able to playback the iPod through your ICE (direct, not via FM modulator) - nothing like it.

Though it will be difficult for both to be identical (dissimilar environments), you will be able to get a fair idea what you should be looking forward to. Since there is no subwoofer in case of headphones, you get a fairly decent realistic bass from the them. If you are able to get the same proportion going in your ICE integration, you are home and dry.
Old 18th October 2009, 18:30   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
@pranava999, the way you have described it, you are at the right point, I think. That is how it is normally intended to be - at least at the origin.

Newer genres of music, such as hip-hop etc. have accentuated low bass by design - most of the bass is synthesized. Other genres have less electronic bass, mostly wind or string electronically amplified. The tabla / pakhawaj banya in Hindustani Classical has to sound natural and not like hip-hop boom, nor like the didgeridoo drone / synthesized bass glide in 'Jaane kyun log pyaar karte hain' (Dil Chahta hai)). 'Realistic' relates to how it would sound if you attend a concert in person, preferably without a PA system. For example, electric string bass guitar should sound like how it crisply comes from the bass guitarist's amp/speaker, not a 'whoom-whoom' sound like from a bassoon (wind bass instrument).

For comparison, you need to hear some tracks on a set of good headphones (either in-ear or over-the ear muff; tone controls flat, no loudness or bass boost) and then your ICE. If it is possible to listen to the tracks on an iPod, AND you are able to playback the iPod through your ICE (direct, not via FM modulator) - nothing like it.

Though it will be difficult for both to be identical (dissimilar environments), you will be able to get a fair idea what you should be looking forward to. Since there is no subwoofer in case of headphones, you get a fairly decent realistic bass from the them. If you are able to get the same proportion going in your ICE integration, you are home and dry.
Thank you. Guess I'm almost there. AM happy if it moves me inside the car rather than outside.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks