1. 1L-3L - can't rem any which comes with stock ice
2. 3L-6L - i10 and vista
3. 6L-10L - Fiesta
4. 10L-20L - Cruze
5. 20L-30L - Superb
6. 30L+ - BMW 7 series
Old 21st October 2009, 19:37   #17
Senior - BHPian

When the toughest competition is in the 30L+ territory, I'm liking how people are coming up with one clear winner in that category.
Old 21st October 2009, 19:44   #18
Senior - BHPian

In 10-15lacs, nothing comes close to that Kenwood DVD+GPS+DiVX+Bluetooth+Touchscreen head unit in the Cedia Sports. I don't think there's any other car in India with factory fitted GPS.
Old 21st October 2009, 20:55   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
In 10-15lacs, nothing comes close to that Kenwood DVD+GPS+DiVX+Bluetooth+Touchscreen head unit in the Cedia Sports. I don't think there's any other car in India with factory fitted GPS.
Cedia indeed leads the pack (even upto 20L OTR price range) when it comes to meanigful infotainment system for the driver. Even Laura L&K, Jetta Comfortline and Sonata don't provide things that Cedia gives at 11L.

With highway network improving in India, more and more people are hitting the road to far-off destinations. Time has come for navigation systems with good quality maps. Cedia is surely leading the technology trend here.

Bluetooth comes very handy when it comes to making /receiving calls. This is another area where Cedia brought a high-end car feature into this segment - even the futuristic Civic doesn't care to provide this.

Altis / Civic / Laura / Jetta etc. are providing some useless information like instantaneous fuel consumption, outside temperature etc., but when it comes to real useful information, they are silent. During TD, Altis sometimes showed 99 kmpl as Inst FE - what information does this datapoint give, even though this may not necessarily be inaccurate ?

Jetta Comfortline (20L OTR at Bangalore) has a Telephone button in the steering that officially doesn't work (used only to pause music). If you want that to work (to make/receive call), you need to pay another 22K to fit an enabling device. Wow !!

Below 10L, Punto and Linea Blue&Me lead the pack. I have not tested the quality, but at least the stated feature-wise, it looks awesome !
Old 21st October 2009, 21:32   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
The system on the Laura is good.
Yes, the 4 sets of 3 way components belt out a neat clear sound. My car has an old (basic) 2 DIN unit with 6 CD changer and integrated display for several car functions like park-assist. There is a facility to plug in a phone kit but I never went in for it. The newer HUs are much better and are GPS capable.

I wonder who it is made by.

Cheers,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks