Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2006, 10:49   #16
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsurfer
I have gone through a good number of threads before posting this....
[/b][/i]Now my budget is around 25-30K. How good are component speakers? .
2. No Amp, Sub now. I will upgrade later..
this is one thread you might have missed.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...k-25k-30k.html
way down in the bottom of all that dribble are some ideas on ICE for 25-30k.

a) at 30K I would recommend you consider an amp only because it will do your comps more justice. besides amps dont take up that much room.

b) HU: 9K, Amp: 9K, Speakers: 10K, wires and install 3K.
see you have already streched to 31K. ;-) we are ICE are known for such "errors in judgement".

c) you'll get many brand recomendations here please use only YOUR ears (and what betwen them).

At your price point: good HU brands: Pionner, Blaupunkt, Sony, Clarion and maybe Kenwood (I have not heard a recent Kenwood).
good amp brands: Pioneer (6200), JBL (60.4), Blaupunkt (a triffle harsh/edgy).
good speaker brands: JBL (GTO), Alpine Type S, Hertz, but also listen to the Bostons (some like them) and Blaupunkts.

Do let us know what you get.
Old 12th October 2006, 11:52   #17
BHPian

Thanks a lot guys. I am finally happy that I need not install 6X9'' speakers at rear. This is what I finalized -

1. HU - Alpine, Blaupunkt, Pioneer
2. Front comps - JBL, Hertzm Blapunkts
3. Rear coaxs - JBL, Hertz, Blaupunkts
4. Amp - Pio, JBL

BTW, My delivery has been postoponed to Monday. So, not sure when would I get this done.

I will let you know what went in finally

Cheers
Old 12th October 2006, 18:13   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsurfer
Thanks a lot guys. I am finally happy that I need not install 6X9'' speakers at rear. This is what I finalized -

1. HU - Alpine, Blaupunkt, Pioneer
2. Front comps - JBL, Hertzm Blapunkts
3. Rear coaxs - JBL, Hertz, Blaupunkts
4. Amp - Pio, JBL

BTW, My delivery has been postoponed to Monday. So, not sure when would I get this done.

I will let you know what went in finally

Cheers
if you have decided not to install 6"X9" at rear then what is point # 3 doing in your finalized list? It means the same thing
Old 12th October 2006, 18:43   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008
if you have decided not to install 6"X9" at rear then what is point # 3 doing in your finalized list? It means the same thing
mobike,#3 is not about using 6x9,infact he has talked about using coaxial speakers in rear doors and not on tray i beleive.

Good choices windsurfer,now go ahead and have a audio demo.Dont forget to post us ur final set-up.
Old 6th August 2007, 14:48   #20
BHPian

Pls suggest ICE for my new Palio Stile 1.6

I have got my new Palio Stile 1.6 and need to get a decent ICE system installed. My requirements are:

Head Unit

1. Head Unit with Bluetooth connectivity for mobile handfree.
2. Front USB port.

Speakers

1. Two speakers in the front doors and two in the rear.
2. Dont want 6*9 co axials since dont want to compromise on boot space.
3. Front speakers can be components (would i need seperate tweeters in the front then?)

Subwoofer

1. Should i go for a powered sub tube (JBL or Soomoku?)
2. Or i should get a 4 channel amp and get it to power the subwoofer and the components up front.
3. If i get a powered bass tube, would the front components be able to run effectively on the HU.

Please Help!
Old 6th August 2007, 15:19   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReNaGade View Post
1. Head Unit with Bluetooth connectivity for mobile handfree.
2. Front USB port.

Speakers
1. Two speakers in the front doors and two in the rear.
2. Dont want 6*9 co axials since dont want to compromise on boot space.
3. Front speakers can be components (would i need seperate tweeters in the front then?)

Subwoofer
1. Should i go for a powered sub tube (JBL or Soomoku?)
2. Or i should get a 4 channel amp and get it to power the subwoofer and the components up front.
3. If i get a powered bass tube, would the front components be able to run effectively on the HU.!
HU: Pio 7950

Speakers: 6" components in the door, coax in the rear doors prices start at 9K for all 4. JBL GTO, Blaupunkt Thc/Thx etc.. if you are on a budget consider JBL's CS range. If you want to move up one step (20K for all 4) consdier Infinity, Hertz, Illusion, and Alpine. I am not sure if the Stile has pods for speakers in the rear door.

Amp: Pio 6200 or Blau GT4, next step JBL 60.4 or even the 4060. further up - the Infinty 475.

Boot space:
You say you do not want to comrpomise on boot space. where then do you intend to put the sub? To drive a sub well you need a bigger amp than the ones listed above. The JBL 75.4 can drive your front components and a sub or you can get a dedicated monoblock like the PIo D510 or JBL 300.1 (10K)
Old 6th August 2007, 15:50   #22
BHPian

Why don't you consider Blaupunkt range. A blaupunkt system will fit in OEM slot with the OEM wiring set (no need to cut main socket wires).

I've Palio 1.6 Sport with following combinations and it sounds great. It is a normal system, and had it been a component system, it would feel greatest.

Blaupunkt SanDiego MP27 (Simple system)
GTX693 HP (6X9) for rear
GTX 51/4 for front.
Old 6th August 2007, 15:57   #23
BANNED

Navin, how these JBL CS series sounds with Pioneer HU?As i am buying Pioneer 5950 with CS2165C for front and CS2165 for rear doors for my Swift.
Old 6th August 2007, 16:31   #24
Senior - BHPian

Pio + JBL (CS series) would sounds pretty nice to me!
Old 6th August 2007, 17:23   #25
BANNED

Hi and welcome to the most happening section of Team-BHP. Yes, everything is ICE'n HOT here. And the latest is your HOT 1.6!

Congrats on your new car. Make sure you kick and lick her good the way it is supposed to be.

We'd be a bit more glad if you could put your expected budget for your upcoming ICE. We all will be very happy to over cross it and so the reason to ask.

Let it start with the HU.
Your options start from 9k upto a mind blowing 2L! So We'd love to know about that green stuff.

I'm confused same like NAVINji. How are you going to save boot space when You're putting in a sub/Bass tube? Or do you mean a removable setup?
Old 6th August 2007, 23:23   #26
BHPian

Thanks Navin, Speedzak, I am looking at spending 15k only at this stage but want to add a amp sub setup later so the HU needs to have a pre out. 15k is for the HU and four speakers. I can buy from the grey market too since the prices of bluetooth HU's is pretty high (12-15k) in the retail.
The sub that i plan to get later should be removable, that's why a powered bass tube might come be practical.
Old 6th August 2007, 23:39   #27
BANNED

Great!
It is always good to do it step by step.

15k it is for now!
But you want a Bluetooth equipped HU which also has USB and some preouts. Right? That is going to be a bit on the higher side. Try the Pioneer HUs and JVC ones. They are quiet cheap and pure VFM when bought in grey. Even their authorised prices are very attractive. But inside 15k, I still think you go for a non blutooth HU which will leave you with some bucks you can get some good speakers with.

JBL CS series of compos are one of the most economic range sold with B&W in India. And they sound good for their price too.
Or better, buy the HU and a pair of good compos for now and keep the rest for later.
Old 7th August 2007, 10:32   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I am looking at spending 15k only at this stage but want to add a amp sub setup later so the HU needs to have a pre out. 15k is for the HU and four speakers. I can buy from the grey market too since the prices of bluetooth HU's is pretty high (12-15k) in the retail..
A good Bluetooth/USB HU would run you 9K from Pio or 8K from JVC.

JBL CS series components (for front) and coax (for rear) would cost you 7K for all 4.
Old 7th August 2007, 18:15   #29
BHPian

That fits just right in my budget, i guess ill take ur advise Navin. Cheers!
Old 7th August 2007, 22:40   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
That fits just right in my budget, i guess ill take ur advise Navin. Cheers!
Please use your EARS too. Listen to atleast 2 brands if not 3.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks