Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2007, 11:21   #31
BHPian

Guys, iv got the ICE system installed in the Stile 1.6. As recommended by my fellow BHpians iv gone ahead with the following config:
1. Sony USB HU (Rs. 5200)
2. Blaupunkt Components in Front (Rs. 4400)
3. Blaupunkt Co-axials (GT Series) in Rear (Rs. 2400)

It's all in grey but the dealer has given a 1 year service warranty on the HU and 2 years replacement warranty on the speakers. (Dont really know if he would stick by his commitment incase something goes wrong).

Regarding the sound quality, the component woofers upfront are giving OK bass while the tweeters are giving excellent treble. The co-axials are taking care of the vocals and the modrange is also decent. What is lacking is the THUMP! for which i would be going in for a sub/amp setup when i get my next paycheque

Cheers!
Old 12th August 2007, 15:21   #32

Hello All, I got delivery of my Palio Stile 1.6 on August 10 and I have got the followimg config of my ICE system ( everything from the grey market):

1. HU: Blaupunkt - London ( Rs. 6000/-)
2. Front Components: Blaupunkt IC 130 ( Rs. 2700/-)
3. Rear Coaxials: Blaupunkt GTx 130 ( Rs. 1350/-)

The tweeter have been installed right at the top of A-Pillar near the roof and therefore they are damping out the rear speakers and the components in the pods of the front doors. I am thinking of placing the tweeter at other location. Any Advice from the ICE GURUS? And what do the GURUS think of my configuration. Please comment.

Cheers
Old 26th August 2007, 11:02   #33
BHPian

Hi,
Had u got ur bluetooth HU ?
IF yes plz give me the details about its price and how it is sounding, i am also inclined towards going for bluetooth enabled HU.
Old 26th September 2007, 23:01   #34

ICE for Palio stile 1.6

I have been member of this forum for quite sometime and as an after effect now a owner of Palio 1.6. I bought my 1.6 sports (red) last week. and now I need some good sound advice from the GURUs!
I am based in Hyderabad and don’t know the good places to buy/install the system. Any pointers for buying/installing ICE are most welcome.

Here is the description:
1. Your Car: Palio stile 1.6 2007

2. Your current setup (If any): None

3. Your Budget: 20 K

4. Do you drive most of the time or is it chauffer driven? Self driven

5. Your Music preferences (Genres, favorite artists, etc.): I hear almost everything. I prefer resolution with decent amount of tight bass.

Additional Information:

6. Are you ready to sacrifice your boot space/modify door panels? : I love the stock look of the CAR. Little changes here and there are fine but not the major ones.
Old 27th September 2007, 13:19   #35
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick20 View Post
3. Your Budget: 20 K
5. Your Music preferences (Genres, favorite artists, etc.): I hear almost everything. I prefer resolution with decent amount of tight bass. .
Blau or Pio HU: 7K
Blau GT4 amp: 6K
Blau Thc/JBL CS components and Blau Thx/JBL CS 6x9 on MDF tray: 9K

Total 22K. Hopefully wires and install will be included.
Old 27th September 2007, 15:38   #36
BHPian

^ I was not personally too impressed with Blaupunkt speakers, especially on the Bass front - and since he wants "tight bass" I wonder if some other brand might be more appropriate.
Old 27th September 2007, 16:26   #37
BHPian

HU: Pio 6950 - 7.5k
Rear: Kicker ES693 - 5k
Comp: EL6.1-6k
Amp & Sub - sugestions down the pipeline
Old 27th September 2007, 23:53   #38

thanks for all the replies. i know i can always count on team-bhp advice. I have following configuration in my mind.

HU: Pio 7950UB
Front: JBL GTO 507 comps
Rear: JBL GTO 937 6*9 on MDF tray.
Sub: no sub for now
Amp: is it really required? if it is then which one and how much i need to shell out for the same. JBL 75.4 ??

I don't know the prices of the above and also good places to buy and install these in hyderabad. need your inputs on the same. where art thou JBL gurus?

I will audition the system before getting it installed, but i wanted to know will this system, in theory at least, satisfy my requirements of good resolution with tight bass (doesn't have to be loud but crisp)
Old 28th September 2007, 01:53   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick20 View Post
thanks for all the replies. i know i can always count on team-bhp advice. I have following configuration in my mind.

HU: Pio 7950UB
Front: JBL GTO 507 comps
Rear: JBL GTO 937 6*9 on MDF tray.
Sub: no sub for now
Amp: is it really required? if it is then which one and how much i need to shell out for the same. JBL 75.4 ??

I don't know the prices of the above and also good places to buy and install these in hyderabad. need your inputs on the same. where art thou JBL gurus?

I will audition the system before getting it installed, but i wanted to know will this system, in theory at least, satisfy my requirements of good resolution with tight bass (doesn't have to be loud but crisp)
Sprocket near Amerpet. mention that you from T-Bhp and you will get some discount. If you are wanting tight bass that can be adjusted with the H.U it self (if you are connecting the rear speakers to the H.U and not the amp). JBL's are good ones to go for as far i've heard the sound.

Congrats on your Palio.
Old 28th September 2007, 08:55   #40
BANNED

Congrats on your new car.

Your HU choice is good. But that also takes out 9k from your budget. That means, you should get JBL GTO607C comps (5.5k) for the front and GTO937 coax (3.5k) for the rear. You also have to get the coax fitted on an MDF panel. That's another 1k or so. Then some loose change left which you can keep for your next upgrade. Forget the amp for now.
But to fully utilise the speakers, You'll need an amp. So, remember to gather some bucks and come back here soon.
Old 1st October 2007, 23:14   #41
BHPian

Congratulation on you new beast am gonna get one after a month or so . Which dealer did you get this one from? I am not able to fix the dealer to get from I dun wanna go for Autofin. So am left with Concord or Malik.
Old 3rd October 2007, 15:54   #42
BHPian

hi Friends........i am from Hyderabad. I booked Palio 1.6 sport - Ferrari Red. last week....taking the vehicle next week.

As discount i got all the accessories free of cost. Dealer is Concorde....they suggested blaupunkt.......its good it seems.......

Any suggestions on it....................
Old 7th October 2007, 09:18   #43
BHPian

Hey Fiat's site says that car comes with wiring for 6 speakers. What does that mean? i mean is that for 6 channels? and if am gonna get complete setup for these 6 speakers how much can cost go up to?
Can any one help me figure out how many off these 6 can be tutors, woofers and components or whatever am kind confused over this ICE thing. I tried hard to understand been through most of the ICE section in this forum :P
Old 9th October 2007, 14:42   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyonblackybx View Post
Hey Fiat's site says that car comes with wiring for 6 speakers. What does that mean? i mean is that for 6 channels? and if am gonna get complete setup for these 6 speakers how much can cost go up to?
Can any one help me figure out how many off these 6 can be tutors, woofers and components or whatever am kind confused over this ICE thing. I tried hard to understand been through most of the ICE section in this forum :P
I think that means wiring of 6 speakers are as follows:
2 tweeters
2 front door speakers - to install the components
2 rear door speakers, either side of the parcel shelf.

this will nt support the woofer as there is a special RCA wiring for them.
Old 9th October 2007, 15:48   #45
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vebmetal View Post
^ I was not personally too impressed with Blaupunkt speakers, especially on the Bass front - and since he wants "tight bass" I wonder if some other brand might be more appropriate.
In that price range the alternates are JBL GTO, Hertz Dieci and Illusion Electra.

Most Viewed