Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2009, 01:38   #1
BHPian

Quality Music for Punto

I will be getting delivery of my punto in sometime and am looking forward to upgrade the ICE in it as i didnt like the OEM sound much, not that i was expecting it to be something exclusive.

I dont have any budget as of now. Most of my Vitamin M has gone in buying the car, dont mind waiting to get Sunfilms installed as it is winter is settling in, but i have to get most of the audio done in one go as i wouldnt like people fiddeling with my car and deassembling it every now and then. I dont mind spending 25K on following setup.

I am planning to get
Blau harness
Front Speakers
Back speakers (If budget permits)
AMP for the speakers
Wiring
MDF rounds for components

Now I want to replace the front speakers with rainbow, I happen to audition rainbow speakers of a fellow bhpian's linea and loved them. What he had installed was a rainbow components with a kenwood's HU. I want the speakers to have excellent Mids, decent/punchy bass and nice treble. But one of my major concern is will such an expensive speaker perform decent enough with the crappy OEM HU. Coz under no circumstances am going to change it unless i have an option to still control those steering controls and use blue and me flawlessly.

I can even be happy with a little less expensive speakers if my friends here are sure that Rainbows are a waste with OEM HU.
Lastly i dont know if its advisable to get someother speakers at back also. coz i need sound stage at front and the speakers i auditioned had an excellent surround. It felt as if there were seperate speakers at back where as there werent.

Can experts please suggest what Speaker and amplifier to go for?

In addition to this:
I will also install my pioneer 6X9 speakers (400W) which are currently doing duty in my esteem along with some sony 4ch amp and pioneer DVC sub. I was quite happy with the sound of my current setup until I heard rainbow. I dont see any harm to install this setup along with my new speakers and Amp as long as it saves money. May be later i can get a better SUB and Speakers.
Will it be advisable to install these 6X9 in MDF parcel tray or should i fabricate an independant box for both of the speakers, though it will eat into boot but i dont need the boot much as it is. What will sound better?

I may get accessories from anywhere but my install will only be done at Driven. Friends please suggest me what to go for with the prices as i have no Idea about Prices of amps and speakers. Also do mention about what wires will be needed, I myself am wire manufacturer so no problem at that end.
Thanks
Old 24th October 2009, 23:37   #2
BHPian

Any help friends?
Can anyone tell me how much will Rainbow ipaul amp will set me back, and which series of speakers for rainbow to go with for a budget of 15K there are so many? Please help.

Wil Bull audio amp with good rainbow components suffice for a decent listening exp coupled with Blaupunk OEM HU?

Last edited by somebodystopme : 24th October 2009 at 23:42.
Old 24th October 2009, 23:45   #3
Senior - BHPian

Wait for the Gurus to wake up!

You will soon be screaming, "Somebody, help me!". No kidding here! That's how addictive 'BETTER' ICE is!
Old 25th October 2009, 00:02   #4
BHPian

Well one thing for sure don't expect the SQ that you heard on that Linea unless you decide to replace the stock HU with the Kennys he's got plus the rainbows
Old 25th October 2009, 09:41   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodystopme View Post
I will be getting delivery of my punto in sometime and am looking forward to upgrade the ICE in it as i didnt like the OEM sound much, not that i was expecting it to be something exclusive.
Is your's a Punto Emotion Pack?
If yes, then will the non-stock audio system support Blue&Me?

I have a Punto MJD EP and I just don't like the stock speakers and the audio system (because of limited features) and desperately want to get something else. Only thing I am not sure of yet is whether you get Blue&Me compatible audio systems.

Any help regarding this will be simply amazing!
Old 25th October 2009, 10:40   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suniljagadish View Post

I have a Punto MJD EP and I just don't like the stock speakers and the audio system (because of limited features) and desperately want to get something else. Only thing I am not sure of yet is whether you get Blue&Me compatible audio systems.

I dont think you get 'blue and me' compatible head units per se, but you do get HU that support bluetooth connectivity and can accept BT kits such as Parrot.
Old 25th October 2009, 15:42   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suniljagadish View Post

You dont like stock speaker then why do you want to change the HU? I dont think blue and me is a feature of HU, its should be a different hardware. But what am worried about is loosing steering controls for HU.

My discussion here is not about HU change but other stuff..
Old 25th October 2009, 16:52   #8
BHPian

noobie

im looking for speakers for my punto dynamic. i am thinking of a basic/decent front & rear speakers, i already have HU

budget- below 10k. please suggest the best possible setup within my budget.
I listen to rock, raggae, pop, country

Thanks
Old 25th October 2009, 18:30   #9
BHPian

I will appriciate if experts also suggest me what all wiring I need for the setup mentioned by me?
Old 25th October 2009, 21:50   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkjona View Post
noobie

im looking for speakers for my punto dynamic. i am thinking of a basic/decent front & rear speakers, i already have HU

budget- below 10k. please suggest the best possible setup within my budget.
I listen to rock, raggae, pop, country

Thanks
HI there,
I suggest you get yourself JBL GTO series speakers with a JBL amp..Mount them on customised MDF parcel tray Should suffice for your need.
Cheers
a little change in my requirement.
From my speakers i want bass mids and treble in following order
Amazing surround followed by
1. excellent mids.
2. good bass.
3. decent treble.

Please experts suggest me some good speaker with amp. This is urgent

Last edited by somebodystopme : 25th October 2009 at 21:53.
Old 25th October 2009, 21:56   #11
BHPian

Since your budget is 15K for speakers,i would say go for
Rainbows
Image dynamics,
illusion luccent
dls

Among these you can select by auditioning them with your HU and an amp.

PS: you can find an used Rainbow slc for 15k in the classifieds.
Team-BHP Classifieds - Rainbow SLC 265NG 2 Way Components - Powered by PhotoPost Classifieds

Last edited by jithudigitised : 25th October 2009 at 22:05.
Old 26th October 2009, 01:28   #12
BHPian

which are better among rainbow cls and illusion Luccent Im6.1?
Old 26th October 2009, 06:30   #13
Senior - BHPian

depends on choice.

haven't heard the cls but the luccents are just amazin.
Old 26th October 2009, 11:32   #14
BHPian

well the rainbows have excellent midbass and both have laid back sound.

Haven't heard the luccents though.

Last edited by jithudigitised : 26th October 2009 at 11:36.
Old 26th October 2009, 14:30   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodystopme View Post
You dont like stock speaker then why do you want to change the HU? I dont think blue and me is a feature of HU, its should be a different hardware. But what am worried about is loosing steering controls for HU.

My discussion here is not about HU change but other stuff..
I should have phrased it better. My bad. I meant I am not happy with the speakers as well as the HU. Your concern about the steering controls is very much valid I guess. I want to know if I can get a different HU and still have the steering controls and the Blue&Me work with the new HU.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks