Team-BHP - Winters are here : Getz CRDi getz some iCe!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Winters are here : Getz CRDi getz some iCe! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/68345-winters-here-getz-crdi-getz-some-ice.html)

ICE is one of the most exciting part of buying a new car, i had fun getting my white beast some ICE. :Cheering:

Thanx to m4ugr8, noidaboy, vitalvenkat, live2drive, sam786, gunbir, autophile, iraghava for helping me out ;)

The Final Specs

Damping : Noise Kill (front doors + boot done, Rear doors and rear panels yet to be done)

Front Components : ID CTX 65CS
Rear : Thinking ....

Amps : Kenny 8404 4Channel + kenny 8104D MONO

HEADUNIT : Pioneer P8650 + steering remote(Transfered from my santro)

Wiring : Bull audio 4awg kit + Kicker 8awg kit

Subwoofer : Still auditioning ....

Installer : GYRO

Thoughts after installation and listening to it for 2days.

1. ID CTX are bright but the detail is amazing. I used to listen to downloaded Mp3's and now they sound a million times better. And then i downloaded FLAC files ..............

2. ID CTX have a great midbass kick... Love the kick felt in the legs!

3. The kenwood amps are great vfm. The mono is great it actually played everything till ID MAX, although experienced ears told me that ID MAX was sounding malnourished on the kenny mono. But to me it sounded very nice.

4. Installation at GYRO was a great experience, the technician Pramod is perfectionist, everything was taken out and fitted back perfectly with every nut and bolt in place. The wiring was done in a very professional and neat manner. The HU was also fitted after opening the console, it looks flush mounted and now its theft proof unless they take the console with them... Me likey !!

Subwoofer predicament : I listen to hiphop/r&b/dance/techno and a little bit of rock/alternative music with this in mind, I auditioned MTX thunderX in a single box, double box and bunch of others including RF woofers and ID max. I was advised not to audition so many as i would end up confused and thats what i am right now!

1. MTX thunderX single woofer slot ported : Sounds very nice, tight, moderately low, little boomy

2. MTX thunderX double woofer sealed box : Not as nice as the single woofer version, Sounds LOUDER! tight, moderately low, very boomy SPL type.

3. RF woofer SLIM : This is a 10" woofer with a slim and sleek box, The woofer sounded more like a midbass. I guess it would be perfect for certain applications but not mine.

4. ID MAX : pwnage ! Lack of power from my mono amp but it still kicked butt! the woofer was just the way it should have been LOW TIGHT HARD HITTING .. and did i say LOWww.. dayum ... if only i could stretch my budget. As of now i can't so i'm letting it go !!

From the above list, keeping the ID MAX aside i loved the MTX thunder X single woofer. Its a bit boomy but its all that i want. I want to get an ID woofer and therefore i am waiting to audition the IDV3 and ID CTX. IDq and big daddy ID MAX is outta budget. If nothing makes sense then i am gonna go for MTX single!

A few pics :

Winters are here : Getz CRDi getz some iCe!-p8650.jpg
MY HU

Winters are here : Getz CRDi getz some iCe!-kicker.jpg
Kicker wiring kit
Winters are here : Getz CRDi getz some iCe!-kicker-wiring.jpg

Winters are here : Getz CRDi getz some iCe!-bullaudio.jpg
Bullaudio Wiring kit
Winters are here : Getz CRDi getz some iCe!-bull-power.jpg

Winters are here : Getz CRDi getz some iCe!-id.jpg
ID CTX
Winters are here : Getz CRDi getz some iCe!-id-ctx.jpg

Winters are here : Getz CRDi getz some iCe!-amps.jpg
kenwood amps
Winters are here : Getz CRDi getz some iCe!-amp_mono.jpg

Winters are here : Getz CRDi getz some iCe!-installation1.jpg
Installation
Winters are here : Getz CRDi getz some iCe!-installation2.jpg

Congrats Aza.. whats the price of components?

For sub, did you consider ID V3? BTW, what happened to Debonair 2600W RMS? ;-)

Congratulations Aza!

Let me be the first one to ask for some more pics. Please! :D

Also, would you be kind enough to share the price for the individual components, especially the damping and wiring as I'm thinking of driving down to Delhi and getting my ICE damped and re-wired.

Regards,
Jaspreet Singh

Achtung eh? Congrats

Pix and splits please.

CTS65...saw it in a rev's Safari install here, was smitten but it built quality and SIZE. Sad that it needs lot of power.

aZa, can you compare it with Rainbows?

congrats bro,

Is the 8404 giving enough power to the id's, as i am also looking forward to buying one

it would be really nice of u if u can PM me the price of the kenwood 8404(w B&W)

Regards,
Jasveen

Congrates... I read somewhere that you were planning for carPC, What happened ? Plan dropped ??

Congrats. price split please!

Congratulations! Great choice of equipment.

Time for an audition. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by aZa (Post 1556459)
Amps : Kenny 8404 4Channel + kenny 8104D MONO
3. The kenwood amps are great vfm. The mono is great it actually played everything till ID MAX, although experienced ears told me that ID MAX was sounding malnourished on the kenny mono. But to me it sounded very nice.

agree: Kenwood Amps provide fantastic VFM. I have been using the 8103D for almost 2 years now without any hiccups with it.

Quote:

Wiring : Bull audio 4awg kit + Kicker 8awg kit

Wondering why Connection Audison was not chosen here! I wonder if it is still available.

Quote:

Installer : GYRO
4. Installation at GYRO was a great experience, the technician Pramod is perfectionist

I thought Pramod used to work at Driven:Shockked:

Woahhh Superman.

Congrats on the setup.

Are you giving bridged power to the components ( you can do that ;) )

Audition due when i'm in India next.

Sid you are lucky you have Getz CRDi (the last of the lot) and enough space to mount those iD Speakers. iD CTX is one of the fav. set under ~15k.

Congrats on the install & for the mighty CRDi

BTW which speaker cable are you using ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhibh (Post 1557410)
iD CTX is one of the fav. set under ~15k.

Even I heard some pretty good reviews on these.. such, was curious to know. Who knows the next upgrade from GZ comps would be these. :)

want to audition them soon. :thumbs up

Pramod has shifted to Gyro now? Well whatever, system looks great.
If you want to audition IDv3 12" in sealed box, then PM and we can meet.

Quote:

HEADUNIT : Pioneer P8650 + steering remote(Transfered from my santro)
No double din touch screen HU ? Becoming an Audiophile eh.
Anyway congrats.

Congratulations, nice choice of equipment.

A comparison between the rainbows & ID-CTX is needed.

Pics of the final install would be appreciated. :)