Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2009, 22:37   #1

ICE setup for Scorpio Mhawk VLX - Captain Seats

Hello All,

I am new to this forum and its is going to be my 2nd post. Guys, I have a Scorpio VLX with captain seats and now looking for ICE upgrade. Mine is a Mhawk 2009 model and is already fitted with Mahindra's/Nippon dual din HU, and Kenwood speakers in the front and rear doors.

I'm looking for your valuable suggestions on how to go for an ICE upgrade. What basic stuff I'm looking for is:

1) 2 Sub Woofers - Need your help in selecting the brand and also if you could help me out with the space I can get them installed in the Scorpio (mine is a captain seat version so pls suggest accordingly)
2) Amps to support 6 speakers - I'm looking for 2 additional speakers (pls suggest the brand and also the space where I can get them installed)

I will not mind going for HU upgrade as well (though what I already have in the car pretty much satisfies me).

Pls also suggest me a dealer where I can get the stuff installed in South Delhi. I heard of Driven, East of Kailash a lot. Can somebody guide me on whom to be contacted when I'm there.

thanks in advance. Looking forward to your inputs.

Regards,
Varun
Old 7th November 2009, 08:59   #2
BHPian

Varun,

Please let us know your budget. The kind of music you listen to.

You can also contact Mr.low_bass_makker who can help you with the install in Faridabad.
Old 7th November 2009, 09:20   #3

Shreya,

Budget is not a constraint (I can go upto 50k in the first go). I'm a bass freak so would love to listen to tight bass in the car

Low_Bass_maker - Pls if you could help me

cheers
Old 7th November 2009, 11:27   #4
BHPian

Look no further, as his handele says, he is the "Low_Bass_MakKer". You can audition his car ;-)

Send him a PM.
Old 7th November 2009, 12:25   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varun_Malhotra2 View Post
Shreya,

Budget is not a constraint (I can go upto 50k in the first go). I'm a bass freak so would love to listen to tight bass in the car

Low_Bass_maker - Pls if you could help me

cheers
Well, if you admit that you're a bass head..you could look out for a pair of really good subs in a ported box.

Ideally, you'd require a better HU, a reputed 4 channel amp, a pair of front components, a pair of 6X9 for the rear and a dedicated mono for the sub(s). Dont forget a generous amount of damping.

I play GZ front comps & JBL 937 rear 6X9 off a JBL 75.4 and a pair of GZ XD-AL subs in ported box off a JBL 1201.1 in my car. If you require an audition, do let me know.

Warning: Dont listen to LBM's set-up at all..you'd be tempted (translated end up spending 4 times your budget) and just FYI, LBM's front comps cost more than your total budget.
Old 7th November 2009, 20:01   #6

Thanks for the suggestion Panky.

Which car do you own? I'd love to go for you ICE's audition once.

I've been to Driven (East of Kailash) today. Mr Rana's been a great help but he couldn'd suggest anything (wrt BASS) for my car (considering the space constraints in the scorp). He called up Gunbir and ask for his suggestions. Gunbir would be visiting his place (Driven) tomorrow and most likely I'd be meeting him.
Old 10th November 2009, 09:38   #7
Senior - BHPian

Varun.. there's no need to open a new thread.

Well, as you are in Faridabad, why dont you PM LBM? He'll definitely help you with all your installation issues. I got my ICE done through him too! (and so did Abhinav, Smokin and lot others)

Heres the link to his profile in case you're confused:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/member...ss_makker.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks